Homecoming The Zendaya is possibly someone, maybe thread - Part 4

There was a deleted scene after after the party where Flash passes his falling down drunk girlfriend off to Ned and tells him to "have fun" with her. Ned drives off with her and then later she wakes up after he's given her the old Bill Cosby experience.

That would have made it feel more like a John Hughes film.

no that would have been creepy as hell.. and very "rape culture"

Not that many. We aren't exactly talking about Hannah Montana here.

Lol There is no way to know either way. But I think it's safe to say that she has as much influence and is as popular as any actress in her age range.

Lol There is no way to know either way. But I think it's safe to say that she has as much influence and is as popular as any actress in her age range.

Are you her agent? You can't abide any criticism of this Disney contract player it seems. Jesus.

She's popular, but i don't think she's a super-star.. she doesn't have the same Disney power as Miley and Effron had... at all.

what's evident is she's still doing her DC show... most move on when they start actually getting popular. she hasn't quite done that.

she's bigger in the fashion industry than anything right now.

She has another big movie with Hugh Jackman coming out soon. So she's definitely becoming more and more popular and most likely won't be doing her tv show for too much longer.

Are you her agent? You can't abide any criticism of this Disney contract player it seems. Jesus.

And it gets to you to the point that you feel the need to make this personal?? Lol You realize this thread isn't just for you to vent your frustrations, yeah? If you don't like what I post, perhaps just ignore and keep scrolling?

we will see where her career goes.. as of now they keep throwing her name out there in films.. but ends up having incredibly little to do... so i'm not convinced The Greatest Showman is going to be much different as of yet.

Well considering that we're only talking about two big movies here, I wouldn't say there is any pattern developing with her having little to do. It already looks like her role in TGS is substantial and we know that she will have a bigger role in the next spidey movie.

Well considering that we're only talking about two big movies here, I wouldn't say there is any pattern developing with her having little to do. It already looks like her role in TGS is substantial and we know that she will have a bigger role in the next spidey movie.

and her and marve' and disney's pr said the same thing abotu this film.. it was neither lengthy or substantial.

You have any links? The only thing I've ever read is that she would have a small role in this movie but would play a biggler role in future films. This was made clear right after she was cast.

Zendaya was one of a handful of actresses who had been testing with Holland for the past couple of weeks, but insiders stress that the character is neither Parker’s love interest nor a lead role. She will, however, play a bigger part in future installments.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/spider-man-reboot-zendaya-1201724216/

Anyone who still has hope that the real MJ will be in these movies and this "Michelle" isn't supposed to be her strikes me as optimistic to the point of sheer delusion.

And I find this version of "MJ" detestable. Changed the looks, the name, and absolutely everything about her personality. This is the "Deadpool from Wolverine Origins" situation but repeated. But what makes this worse is it's Marvel Studios that did it. But then I guess they did it with Mandarin...

Last edited:
And I find this version of "MJ" detestable. Changed the looks, the name, and absolutely everything about her personality. This is the "Deadpool from Wolverine Origins" situation but repeated. But what makes this worse is it's Marvel Studios that did it. But then I guess they did it with Mandarin...

XMO Wolverine called him Wade Wilson (and, iirc, they also called him Deadpool). This movie called the character Michelle. It's an allusion to Mary Jane, but no one is pretending this is Mary Jane. So complaining that a character not named Mary Jane isn't like Mary Jane is kind of weird, no?

If you want to argue that Mary Jane might not appear in a Marvel Spider-Man movie, I don't think you'll necessarily be wrong, but complaining that the character is not Mary Jane seems to be missing a key fact.

XMO Wolverine called him Wade Wilson (and, iirc, they also called him Deadpool). This movie called the character Michelle. It's an allusion to Mary Jane, but no one is pretending this is Mary Jane. So complaining that a character not named Mary Jane isn't like Mary Jane is kind of weird, no?

Not when the writers express this was meant as a reinvention of that character and they give her the 'MJ' nickname as a reveal that is supposed to be meaningful in some way. Feige may say she's not Mary Jane, but the writing team clearly had her in mind and he let that scene make it into the film even if his intentions are different. Even those who like her character refer to her as a different take on the character. Given Homecoming's confusing reveal and the conflicting views on her from those involved in the film I wouldn't be so dismissive on discussing how 'Michelle' measures up to 'Mary Jane'.

On that note I feel validated.

I don't it makes me totally fearful of what they would do if by some miracle they had the Fantastic Four and X-Men in the MCU that they can make mistakes just as bad as any other studio.:csad:

If you want to argue that Mary Jane might not appear in a Marvel Spider-Man movie, I don't think you'll necessarily be wrong, but complaining that the character is not Mary Jane seems to be missing a key fact.

You are far to dismissive of her being their version of Mary Jane being that in the same film they have total reinvtions of characters like Flash and Aunt May.

it was media outlets... and usually you're not put on posters when you're barely in it.

That's the thing that makes me wonder why she was on the poster, marketing, and had such billing on the movie itself. I honestly think they should have just swapped Laura Harrier to be the "poster girl" as her character was actually semi relevant to everything going on. Because Michelle is pretty much an original character, all we have to go on is "potential", so we're not waiting for the other shoe to drop to see how she develops into a character that she's "not supposed to be".

It was not media outlets. From everything I saw, no one was saying she had a big role in this movie. We've talked about this numerous times before but the reason she/her name was such a notable part of the marketing/promotion is because the actress is the most known of all the young actors in the movie and she will eventually become a bigger part of future films.

It was not media outlets. From everything I saw, no one was saying she had a big role in this movie. We've talked about this numerous times before but the reason she/her name was such a notable part of the marketing/promotion is because the actress is the most known of all the young actors in the movie and she will eventually become a bigger part of future films.

you're very incorrect.. media outlets were on and on about "zendaya this, zendaya that" maybe you chose to ignore it..

it was perceived she had a much much larger role, and the whole "MJ controversy" in social media continued to elevate it.

you're very incorrect.. media outlets were on and on about "zendaya this, zendaya that" maybe you chose to ignore it..

it was perceived she had a much much larger role, and the whole "MJ controversy" in social media continued to elevate it.

No, the perception among you and others may have been that she had a bigger role because she was being promoted and doing a lot of promotion. But no one ever stated that she actually had a big role in this movie. Read the excerpt I posted from Variety. It was very clear early on that her role would be small.

No, the perception among you and others may have been that she had a bigger role because she was being promoted and doing a lot of promotion. But no one ever stated that she actually had a big role in this movie. Read the excerpt I posted from Variety. It was very clear early on that her role would be small.

that's just it, you're only paying attention to statements... and only counting statements (which i might add arn't always true either btw)

regardless.. marketing made her out to be much bigger than she was. and it's fairly obvious they were banking on her name as well

that's just it, you're only paying attention to statements... and only counting statements (which i might add arn't always true either btw)

regardless.. marketing made her out to be much bigger than she was. and it's fairly obvious they were banking on her name as well

Umm, remember you stated that Zendaya, Marvel and Disney's PR said she would have a substantial role in the film. That never happen. Her role turned out to be exactly what was originally stated.

I'm not only paying attention to statements. I already acknowledged that the amount of marketing/promotion she received was due to her being the most well known young actor in the movie. Couple that with her having a bigger role in future films, and the marketing makes pefect sense, despite her not having a big role in this movie.

I dont get why those statements are somehow wrong. Zendaya herself, in an interview, said she had a small role. Yes she was marketed a lot but throughout the production she was said to have a small role to be setup for future films. Fanboys went crazy speculating who she was even though we were told from the start she had a small role.

Umm, remember you stated that Zendaya, Marvel and Disney's PR said she would have a substantial role in the film. That never happen. Her role turned out to be exactly what was originally stated.

I'm not only paying attention to statements. I already acknowledged that the amount of marketing/promotion she received was due to her being the most well known young actor in the movie. Couple that with her having a bigger role in future films, and the marketing makes pefect sense, despite her not having a big role in this movie.

i don't believe i said "said" there was definitely an inference though. and she's hardly the biggest name in the movie...

Keaton, Paltrow, Downey, Favareau, all trump her easily. she's just a flash in the pan it girl so far. with very little to back up her fame outside of fashion loving her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"