The Dark Knight Rises TheDarkKnightRises.com

You think it'll be a fight of back-breaking proportions?

I doubt it. I can't see Batman out of action with a broken back. It's not the comics. They don't have the luxury to drag the story out for a year and give Bruce time to heal while he gets a replacement Batman to fill in (Azrael).

If Nolan can find a way around that, then I'd be all for Bane breaking Batman.

Can anyone remember what the official site looked like back in July 2007?

Posters reaction if Chris makes this thread = Great idea! Let's discuss.

Posters reaction if I was to make this same exact thread = There's already a thread dedicated to the TDKR virals. Please lock this thread.

I doubt it. I can't see Batman out of action with a broken back. It's not the comics. They don't have the luxury to drag the story out for a year and give Bruce time to heal while he gets a replacement Batman to fill in (Azrael).

If Nolan can find a way around that, then I'd be all for Bane breaking Batman.
Hey, like I said, Nolan really loves doing non-linear narratives.

Posters reaction if I was to make this same exact thread = There's already a thread dedicated to the TDKR virals. Please lock this thread.

Yep, because we hate anyone with less than 1000 posts, and we never let them do anything.

As for Bane breaking Bats, I think you could do it without Azrael becoming Batman. Just have the city begin to careen out of control without Batman as an enforcer while Bruce sits by, helpless to do anything about it.

Why not? There's scenes at the end of both Begins and TDK where Batman gets over powered by the villain. Both Ra's and Joker pin down Batman before he turns the tables on them.

Just because Batman is seen backing away from Bane doesn't mean he's losing or that he won't win the battle.

Sure Batman won't be kicking Bane's ass the entire time, but Batman will not look like that in the end.

Sure Batman won't be kicking Bane's ass the entire time, but Batman will not look like that in the end.

Look like what? Wet?

I want Batman to look battle worn by the time he officially beats Bane for good. Bane should not be defeated easily and Batman should look like it took extreme effort to beat him. Like Spider-Man does look battle worn at the end of Spider-Man 1 and 2 after he took down Goblin and Ock. Only Batman should look even worse.

364 days left........

There's a countdown thread somewhere around here I believe, I was just thinking of that today..perhaps it should be bumped up.

And.. WOO! :awesome:

Look like what? Wet?

I want Batman to look battle worn by the time he officially beats Bane for good. Bane should not be defeated easily and Batman should look like it took extreme effort to beat him. Like Spider-Man does look battle worn at the end of Spider-Man 1 and 2 after he took down Goblin and Ock. Only Batman should look even worse.

Batman isn't Spider-man. Batman will find out what Bane fights like, what his weakness is, and how he can beat him. You can keep arguing with me, but we're definitely not sticking with the same TDK Batsuit for the entire movie. WB needs to sell some new merchandise.

Batman isn't Spider-man. Batman will find out what Bane fights like, what his weakness is, and how he can beat him.

God, are you one of those prep time fanboys who think Batman can beat anyone without a mark to show for it? :cwink:

Spider-Man is a super powered character and even he gets to come out looking ragged when he wins. So did Iron Man. One on one battles between evenly matched foes usually do. A villain who can match the hero in strength shouldn't be an easy victory. The hero should look like they really had to fight to win.

I expect the same with Batman vs Bane. I'm not saying what we saw in the trailer is definitely the final showdown between them. I'm just not agreeing with your stance and saying it's definitely not. It could be.

You can keep arguing with me, but we're definitely not sticking with the same TDK Batsuit for the entire movie. WB needs to sell some new merchandise.

Listen, if that's your only arguing point here then we're done. Spider-Man didn't need a new costume in each movie. Neither did Iron Man. Neither did the X-Men.

Nolan's not going to slap on yet another new suit unless Batman really needs one for logical reasons. Maybe he will get a new suit. Not saying he definitely won't. But don't base your whole point on WB merchandising.

Last edited:
Batman looks exhausted as hell in that glimpse we see in the teaser, there's no doubt in my mind he's going to appear quite damaged and worn after a whole fight with Bane.
We've seen Bruce worn and bruised up badly already in the previous films, can you imagine what he'll look like after Bane really gets at him? :wow:

Spider-Man didn't need a new costume in each movie. Neither did Iron Man. Neither did the X-Men.

Spiderman had very subtle changes. X-Men also had costume changes. Iron Man had 6 different armors within 2 films.

Spiderman had very subtle changes. X-Men also had costume changes. Iron Man had 6 different armors within 2 films.

The only noticeable change between his final armor in the first film and his final armor in the second film was the change of the shape of the chest-thingy (sorry, I'm not up on my Iron Man terminology) after he synthesized a new element. That's not the same as getting new armor.

God, are you one of those prep time fanboys who think Batman can beat anyone without a mark to show for it? :cwink:

I don't think he'd beat anyone without a mark to show for it, but he'd beat them. :)

Spider-Man is a super powered character and even he gets to come out looking ragged when he wins. So did Iron Man. One on one battles between evenly matched foes usually do. A villain who can match the hero in strength shouldn't be an easy victory. The hero should look like they really had to fight to win.

I expect the same with Batman vs Bane. I'm not saying what we saw in the trailer is definitely the final showdown between them. I'm just not agreeing with your stance and saying it's definitely not. It could be.

When did I say Batman will easily beat Bane like he's a regular goon? I know it'll be a tough fight, but not one where Batman backs away from Bane like that.

Listen, if that's your only arguing point here then we're done. Spider-Man didn't need a new costume in each movie. Neither did Iron Man. Neither did the X-Men.Nolan's not going to slap on yet another new suit unless Batman really needs one for logical reasons. Maybe he will get a new suit. Not saying he definitely won't. But don't base your whole point on WB merchandising.

But it does make sense. Batman needing more protection or more flexibility are excellent reasons to change the suit. They can always improve on it.

The only noticeable change between his final armor in the first film and his final armor in the second film was the change of the shape of the chest-thingy (sorry, I'm not up on my Iron Man terminology) after he synthesized a new element. That's not the same as getting new armor.
He also had the "briefcase" suit.

Regarding a picture of Catwoman...

You have to see this from WB's perspective and think $$$$.

If they spoil us with Catwoman now, that kills any chance of people being surprised, and that kills any chance of this movie topping TDK at the box office.

Remember, in WB's eyes, this movie doesn't have Heath Ledger. If Ledger created lightning in a bottle for a rare piece of cinematic history, they'll want to repeat that magic. Giving us Catwoman now would spoil all the fun, and it would stop curious asses from getting in the seats.

Trust me on this: Catwoman will BARELY, if AT ALL, be marketed.

WARNING: This is not how I personally feel. This is most likely how greedy CEO suits at WB feel. If they give us something to want to see in the theater because they haven't shown us, more people will go. Just like Godzilla in 1998 - we didn't SEE Godzilla in the trailers at all, and we actually saw him in the theater on opening night.

[YT]Zwf2fqcS3mk[/YT]

[YT]yjKeNVLRuWU[/YT]

If I were a greedy CEO at WB, I would do exactly this:
- Show Catwoman's back.
- Show her in shadows with almost impossible-to-see lighting.
- Show Anne putting on the Catwoman gloves, like she's about to suit up.
- Show Anne standing with some cats in the next trailer.
- Have Gordon mention this new "Catwoman" criminal in Gotham.
- DO everything, and SAY everything, but don't SHOW her.
- Audiences will drool in anticipation and hype.

Regarding a picture of Catwoman...

You have to see this from WB's perspective and think $$$$.

If they spoil us with Catwoman now, that kills any chance of people being surprised, and that kills any chance of this movie topping TDK at the box office.

Remember, in WB's eyes, this movie doesn't have Heath Ledger. If Ledger created lightning in a bottle for a rare piece of cinematic history, they'll want to repeat that magic. Giving us Catwoman now would spoil all the fun, and it would stop curious asses from getting in the seats.

Trust me on this: Catwoman will BARELY, if AT ALL, be marketed.

WARNING: This is not how I personally feel. This is most likely how greedy CEO suits at WB feel. If they give us something to want to see in the theater because they haven't shown us, more people will go. Just like Godzilla in 1998 - we didn't SEE Godzilla in the trailers at all, and we actually saw him in the theater on opening night.

[YT]Zwf2fqcS3mk[/YT]

[YT]yjKeNVLRuWU[/YT]

If I were a greedy CEO at WB, I would do exactly this:
- Show Catwoman's back.
- Show her in shadows with almost impossible-to-see lighting.
- Show Anne putting on the Catwoman gloves, like she's about to suit up.
- Show Anne standing with some cats in the next trailer.
- Have Gordon mention this new "Catwoman" criminal in Gotham.
- DO everything, and SAY everything, but don't SHOW her.
- Audiences will drool in anticipation and hype.

Agreed.

truth

I hope we don't get another Batsuit, because the current one has all the kinks worked out.

Well, except for the whole "I've always wanted a suit made out of, you know, fabric, with minimal armor underneath" argument...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"