The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Theories

Same old ****

Something awesome is reported 'OMG Webb is a genius'

Something bad gets reported 'Sony/Arad needs to be destroyed'

We get it...you're the only one who believed Arad didn't bring up some of the most ignorant crap into the Spidey films.

When did Peter ever get that bullet wound taken care of? My theory...he's Wolverine.

When he got shot by that silver bullet at the end of X-Men Origins, he then thought of himself to be a normal teenager named Peter Parker and when he got bitten by a spider, he became a superhero named Spider-Man with having no recollection that he's actually a superhero anyways before he became Spidey.

Peter is a clone of his father. (same eye glasses prescription, "You look just like him", etc)

Rhino will be one of many other products of cross species genetics (Scorpion, Vulture, etc).

I don't this next thing will happen, but I think it would be cool:
-Norman Osborn will use the cross-species genetics in order to prolong his life (cure his cancer or whatever), but will eventually do it too many times with several different animal genetics in an attempt to become powerful and indestructible, etc. -- The result of what he transforms himself into can only be described as a "Goblin".

-Venom will be the next thing once this genetics storyline wraps up.

I can see some variation of that possibly happening.

Peter is a clone of his father. (same eye glasses prescription, "You look just like him", etc)

Rhino will be one of many other products of cross species genetics (Scorpion, Vulture, etc).

I don't this next thing will happen, but I think it would be cool:
-Norman Osborn will use the cross-species genetics in order to prolong his life (cure his cancer or whatever), but will eventually do it too many times with several different animal genetics in an attempt to become powerful and indestructible, etc. -- The result of what he transforms himself into can only be described as a "Goblin".

-Venom will be the next thing once this genetics storyline wraps up.

or trying to create Venom he will use the DNA of Venom and Spider-man combined to create the goblin serum,lol
jk :funny:

but what you say could work maybe trying to combine properties of various animals into one serum

I'm 100 per cent sure the bullet didn't actually enter Parker's leg, just grazed it. And he does have an accelerated healing factor compared at least to the average human ^^

Really hope Venom isn't touched in Webb's universe. SOME things are too soon, let alone a remake, as good as it was :)

They will never go back to the Raimi suit... Oh, wait.

When he got shot by that silver bullet at the end of X-Men Origins, he then thought of himself to be a normal teenager named Peter Parker and when he got bitten by a spider, he became a superhero named Spider-Man with having no recollection that he's actually a superhero anyways before he became Spidey.

Now THAT is an untold story :up:

Theory:
1. Rhino at the beginning of the movie
2. Peter Parker finding more stuff about his parents.
3. Max Dillion at Oscorp fixing the electricity
4. Norman Osborn turns on the power while Max Dillion fixes it
5. Max Dillion gets electrocuted super badly and turns into Electro
6. At School, Flash Thompson beats up Peter Parker.
7. Harry Osborn stops the fight
8. Harry Osborn tells Peter Parker about his girlfriend, Mary Jane Watson
9. Electro attacks Daily Bugle
10. Spider-Man swings in and tries to save the day.
11. J. Jonah Jameson throws furniture and other objects at Spider-Man to distract him from Electro
12. Electro defeats Spider-Man
13. Peter Parker swings back home to check on Aunt May
14. Harry Osborn sneaks into Oscorp and steals the Venom symbiote from Locker 14
15. Stan Lee comes in and says, "Black symbiotes are dangerous, kids, they will mess up your life forever"
16. Harry Osborn sneaks out of Oscorp and gets taken over by the Venom symbiote outside the building
17. Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture gives Norman Osborn the Green Goblin Formula.
18. Norman Osborn throws Adrian Toomes through the wall and turns into the Green Goblin.
19. Harry Osborn turns into Venom and starts plotting how to frame Spider-Man and become the most popular kid in school.
20. Gwen and Peter Parker start dating.
21. Spider-Man finds Electro at a power plant
22. Spider-Man and Electro battle
23. Spider-Man defeats Electro
24. Final Swing
25. Post Credits Scene where Spider-Man joins SHIELD and gets electric web shooters and a spider-cycle.

This list started very legit sounding and possible.....STARTED.

A theory I have is more of less based on the franchise as a whole...

Sony has been pretty adamant about doing a Venom spin-off. It's been in talks for a few years now. Granted, they definitely can't do something with Raimi's Venom. Not because of how it ended but more or less just the development of the character. I think when Webb says "Think bigger" is that he wants to establish a universe, not just a trilogy.

I know that's been said before but here's where I'm going with it. Venom is going to be developed a little bit in this film. The black suit will come into play and the audience will get a small taste of things to come.

From there, Sony is going to kick into gear a Venom spinoff. There will be two film franchises set in one universe. They'll probably go the "Lethal Protector" route with Venom.

Fast forward down the line after Amazing Spider-Man 3, when a wide array of villains have been introduced...

Lizard
Electro
Rhino
Green Goblin

etc

Sony will pull an Avengers. Every movie is building up to one climactic event. They will converge the two movies into one having Spider-Man and Venom team up together to stop the Sinister Six.

tumblr_m3sxbbzYQX1r3jpkmo1_500.png

Just where I see things going.

Last edited:
The symbiote storyline will start the movie right after Gwen's death and will last for two movies.

We get it...you're the only one who believed Arad didn't bring up some of the most ignorant crap into the Spidey films.

No... No. I believe it too. Avi gets too quickly blamed for things that were largely and, most of the time, solely Raimi's fault.

Agreed. Even in the new one everyone blames Avi for everything even though for example the crane scene was all Marc's idea. Directors make bad calls too from time to time

No... No. I believe it too. Avi gets too quickly blamed for things that were largely and, most of the time, solely Raimi's fault.

Avi Arad forced Venom and the symbiote into the film, but Sam Raimi didn't understand the character and element. It's not really his fault it was written that way as that's the only way Raimi got the symbiote as for Venom, Raimi did film more of the final battle, and the change shortchanged Sandman's time as well in the final battle. I don't know who's to blame of the editing, but for Venom/the symbiote...I will always say that aspect is on Avi Arad.

Agreed. Even in the new one everyone blames Avi for everything even though for example the crane scene was all Marc's idea. Directors make bad calls too from time to time

Who used to think the crane idea was Arad's idea? Lol.

I think it's going to be a lot different than what I expected. It looks like Oscorp will play a much bigger role in this film than the last and who knows what's going on with Ravencroft.

Who used to think the crane idea was Arad's idea? Lol.

Nobody really, but my point was simply to remind you guys that the directors make bad descicions too. If one thinks that TASM or the Raimi series sucks, he shouldn't just blame Arad for it. Also, Arad may have pushed for Venom, but Raimi pushed for Sandman...

And there was nothing wrong with Sandman except for him being shortchanged(the editing) and the retcon idea. But still...Sandman/Vulture as a combo would've been phenomenal, imo.

They should've gone for Hydroman+Sandman and Kraven.That would have been sick!

IMO Sandman was worse than Venom in the movie

Sandman is a B grade villian,he shouldnt have been in the movie

Avi Arad forced Venom and the symbiote into the film, but Sam Raimi didn't understand the character and element. It's not really his fault it was written that way as that's the only way Raimi got the symbiote as for Venom, Raimi did film more of the final battle, and the change shortchanged Sandman's time as well in the final battle. I don't know who's to blame of the editing, but for Venom/the symbiote...I will always say that aspect is on Avi Arad.

Thats being sensible

I am not an Arad fan as such and I always agree that he has his fair share of flaws.But the poor guy always gets blamed for things which arent even his mistake and never gets credit for anything

People here universally blamed him for cutting scenes out of TASM,SM3 when there is no eveidence to show that he was responsible for that

Rhino is also a B grade villain.

In this film he'll be treated as such, I think Raimi made Sandman such a vital part to the story because that is his fave Spidey villain.

And there was nothing wrong with Sandman except for him being shortchanged(the editing) and the retcon idea. But still...Sandman/Vulture as a combo would've been phenomenal, imo.

You can't really say for sure that if Venom got cut and Sandman got more time it would've been any better. Now that I think of it, there still would've been 3 villains, Harry, Vulture and Sandman.

Spider-Man 3 doesn't only suffer from how badly it's done, but how it was built up. A story with Harry as the exclusive villain + the black costume could've been the bomb, but to only get Harry/"new goblin" again would be boring to the general audience. Harry had to be there though, due to the build up

Rhino is also a B grade villain.

Exactly,which is why he is being used as a Secondary/introductary villian

Though another problem I have/had with Sandman is the ambiguity of his powers.Rhino is a guy in a high-tech prosthesis who goes rampant,easy to use and demonstrate

While Sandman has totally unrealistic and ambiguous powers,his origin is difficult to show and he is difficult to connect to Peter Parker/Spider-man.Plus he was never the kind who could boss around.He is like a thug with Superpowers

Even Electro's powers are ambiguous,which is why I am nervous about how Webb will use him

Last edited:
Best combination would have been Harry + Vulture or somebody,the symbiote story and building up Eddy Brock,then Venom in SM4

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"