The Dark Knight Rises Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

I noticed the stock exchange motorcycle chase was filmed in downtown Los Angeles, I recognized the streets and birds eye view of the buildings, I even know what alley they filmed when The Bat first pops up escaping the Gotham police.

Anyone else ever notice in the airplane scene when the man shoots the gun outside the airplane he doesn't actually "shoot it". If you pay attention the gun never retracts and ejects the casing. All you hear is a gunshot. I'm assuming this is because they are not allowed to fire a weapon that close to someones head for safety reasons even if it's just a blank round (blanks can still kill you at close range).

I actually noticed that on opening day...

Last edited:
Anyone else ever notice in the airplane scene when the man shoots the gun outside the airplane he doesn't actually "shoot it". If you pay attention the gun never retracts and ejects the casing. All you hear is a gunshot. I'm assuming this is because they are not allowed to fire a weapon that close to someones head for safety reasons even if it's just a blank round (blanks can still kill you at close range).

I actually noticed that on opening day...

99% of all gun related things in this series look painfully fake. It makes it a bit charming when you get used to it :oldrazz:

They weren't as noticeable at all anywhere else, even in TDK, than that City Hall scene, where it now makes more sense if Talia wanted to be the one to hurt him.

There's a guy during the rooftop fight who casually saunters over to Batman while him and Selina are talking. Y'know, to let them finish their dialogue and such :woot:

i noticed that a lot of the mercs prefer pistol whipping people instead of actually shooting them. even when it's batman himself.

I understood the deal with Bruce's fingerprints and the Clean Slate plot with Selina.

How amazing The Bat is. Movies with cg flying machines need to take note of this thing. It feels so heavy and real while its flying, something many, many flying machines don't get right in movies

How amazing The Bat is. Movies with cg flying machines need to take note of this thing. It feels so heavy and real while its flying, something many, many flying machines don't get right in movies
Favorite bat vehicle, alongside the batpod. Sorry Tumbler.

The Bat is fantastic. After seeing the first trailer I was afraid it would look terrible. But it turned out to be one of the best things in the film. It photographs beautifully. All the Nolan Bat vehicles do.

The Bat is fantastic. After seeing the first trailer I was afraid it would look terrible. But it turned out to be one of the best things in the film. It photographs beautifully. All the Nolan Bat vehicles do.

I'm really looking forward to enjoying the Bat more when I watch the film again. It did look stunning on IMAX.

I LOVE The Bat.

All three of Batman's vehicles have been amazing.

Just spotted the train from the first film on the bottom right screen when they show the aerial view of Wayne Enterprises when Bruce goes to visit Luscious.

Small debris fire burning behind the aircraft in the opening scene, a sign of maybe the deleted scene we saw in early filming with Bane?

Young Ra's is wearing the scalloped gauntlets Batman uses from the League when he rescues Bane.

I notice that when Bruce escapes the pit he looks exactly like he did in "Begins" after destroying Ra's and meeting Alfred at. He was ready to go back and reclaim his city from Bane.

Wow, I just noticed something I hadn't during the Batman-Selina rooftop scene

When Batman turns around, we can see Selina moving away.

(then "thats what it feels like")

Hadnt noticed it before TBH
no?

Just me?

ok

no?

Just me?

ok
I saw that too on my first viewing. She stepped out of frame, yes.

I saw the joke coming when Batman looked away for an extended amount of time, but it was still great. :hehe:

i noticed that a lot of the mercs prefer pistol whipping people instead of actually shooting them. even when it's batman himself.

I noticed that, too. Guns are rarely used by them except in big shoot outs.

I saw that too on my first viewing. She stepped out of frame, yes.

I saw the joke coming when Batman looked away for an extended amount of time, but it was still great. :hehe:
ah ok

when bane gets beaten up by batman at end, he falls down and batman does his "where is the trigger thing.
I noticed that some device almost falls out of banes pocket.. its silver looking thing on his left leg... i dont know what that is.. but maybe its Hardy's iPod Classic or what do you think ? :D

i paused it there but i cannot make it out clearly ^^

snapshot:
357jcx2.jpg

Last edited:
Bane can't live without his tunes.

haha yeah.. i'll guess the question is what is on banes playlist ?

I think i noticed this before but Rises is the first and only time that Gordon, Fox, and Alfred are all in the same scene. Nolan did a bang up job of establishing these three relationships with Bruce throughout the trilogy so it was fantastic to finally see them all in the same scene, especially with the scene they were in. Very brief but great to see.

I like to think that Bane loves him some Celine Dion and Michael Bolton tunes.

There were a few things, and I'm annoyed at myself that I can't remember some of them now.

But one thing I noticed, that I never noticed before, was that when Gordon was taken to Bane in the sewer, and Bane's man searches him, he hands Bane his speech from the start of the film.

I have no idea why Gordon would still be carrying his speech at that point. Maybe he never went home to sleep. But I always wondered where Bane got Gordon's speech from, and I never noticed Bane was given it early on, and uses it to his advantage later.

Edit: I remembered one other thing. Later in the film when they're trying to put the tracker on the truck with the bomb, Gordon give's Miranda Tate something that I assume is there to help them work out which truck has the bomb. He tells her to indicate if the arrow moves. She lets him know, he puts the tracker on and later the truck is empty.

I get the impression now that she either a) informed Bane and they moved the bomb to another truck or b) she lied about the bomb being in that truck.

I never noticed that in the cinema either.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"