Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you've always been a big proponent of seeing more of Thor's power, and I think it's time to let him go all out with this flick! He may need to because of Kurse.

I sure have, with heroes of Thor's caliber I think their power is a very important aspect of their character. With titles like the God of Thunder and the Prince of Asgard I expect him to be portrayed as such.

So far I am pleased with how he's been portrayed in the MCU for the most part, but I think it's time to crank it up a notch in Phase 2.

I prefer the more straightforward characters but also like smart mouths too when done right. I mean, I liked Hiddleston and his take on Loki; it was some posters who went/go overboard imo, and put me off his character.

People mustn't mistake this as me implying anyone must change what or how that post, not at all. If it got too much, noone's forcing me to be here...
I think that's a proper attitude. And maybe it can be a challenge for you to learn to ignore the more annoying posters that can pop up here and there. I think there are enough posters around here that are both positive and level-headed about Hiddleston's Loki (yourself being one of them) that you can still enjoy threads like this one.

It's almost pathetic of me, but I'll admit that some past posters here actually put me off Loki.

I prefer the more straightforward characters but also like smart mouths too when done right. I mean, I liked Hiddleston and his take on Loki; it was some posters who went/go overboard imo, and put me off his character.

People mustn't mistake this as me implying anyone must change what or how that post, not at all. If it got too much, noone's forcing me to be here...

I think I know which poster you are talking about, Won't say anything though..but this is a good attitude, and it was what I was trying to say in Loki's thread. I love the character of Loki, always one of my favorite villains, he's since taken a back seat to Thanos, but he's solidly number 2. Just seeing some people talking about the character, in a different way from who he really is, like you said, it just can be too much, and can make you loose the appeal...whenever I have something to say about Loki, I have to be careful how I say it without pissing people off, or without starting a gushing topic of conversation..which is why I think Loki doesn't really get talked about too much here anymore, aside from the fans.

I think that's a proper attitude. And maybe it can be a challenge for you to learn to ignore the more annoying posters that can pop up here and there. I think there are enough posters around here that are both positive and level-headed about Hiddleston's Loki (yourself being one of them) that you can still enjoy threads like this one.

generally, in all forums on this site, the "news and speculation" one, to me, is the go to, when it comes to wanting to just talk about whatever

sidebaraimee1.gif
this is my favorite scene

I still want to see lightning or the one scene we saw shot with the Glowing Mjolnir

A fight that appears to take place in the prison
tumblr_mlpccs9mr51rv1d8ho1_500.gif

tumblr_mlpccs9mr51rv1d8ho2_500.gif

I have so many theories about this scene. So is this pretty much Thor breaking Loki out of prison? Why is November so far away???

WOW Thanks to Lady Sif I got this at Target. I had to ask if they had them and they brought one to the customer Service desk, so if you don't see them ask someone to look for them
fxlightsflyer01.jpg

fxlightsflyer02.jpg

mjolnir01.jpg

mjolnirlit01.jpg

mjolnirlit02.jpg

I plan on putting the crack sticker on clear plastic and attaching Mjolnir with twist ties so I can move the whole thing if needed

Heh. I might have to pick those up.

I was shocked to even see Avengers stuff this late in the game lol

A fight that appears to take place in the prison
tumblr_mlpccs9mr51rv1d8ho1_500.gif

tumblr_mlpccs9mr51rv1d8ho2_500.gif

I have so many theories about this scene. So is this pretty much Thor breaking Loki out of prison? Why is November so far away???

It does appear to be in the same place. If that's true, he must visit Loki twice, because when he speaks to him at the end of the trailer, he's wearing his dark robe. He's clearly in his armor there.

Maybe the part where he's fighting is stopping others from busting Loki out? And then he has to come back later to get his help?

Yeah I'm sure he went from talking to Odin to Talking to Loki and probably, as he's talking to Loki, the Dark Elves attack Asgard

I would think he went for Loki's help after the Dark Elves attack. Before that, what reason would he have to ask for help?

for where ever Malekith was before hand. because as Thor enters the prison it was clean and free of Darkelves

WOW Thanks to Lady Sif I got this at Target. I had to ask if they had them and they brought one to the customer Service desk, so if you don't see them ask someone to look for them
fxlightsflyer01.jpg

fxlightsflyer02.jpg

mjolnir01.jpg

mjolnirlit01.jpg

mjolnirlit02.jpg

I plan on putting the crack sticker on clear plastic and attaching Mjolnir with twist ties so I can move the whole thing if needed

You're very welcome mighty V! I suppose that's where you left for that hour or so lol. (I didn't see you coming back, sorry!) ...

I might have to look that up at Ebay, cause there's no Target here -_-

It does appear to be in the same place. If that's true, he must visit Loki twice, because when he speaks to him at the end of the trailer, he's wearing his dark robe. He's clearly in his armor there.
does that mean he’s protecting Loki? After all, I’m sure he wouldn’t be able to use magic at this point.

In regards to whether or not we’ll see Jotun Loki again in Thor The Dark World. I don’t know for sure but take note that both Jaimie Alexander and Zachary Levi made references to Loki’s Frost Giant-ness in tweets during filming. spoliers maybe
Wowza! It’s freeeeezing in Asgard today. -4 degrees Celsius! Perhaps it’s because of Loki @twhiddleston ;) lol #Frosty
— Jaimie Alexander (@JaimieAlexander)
December 12, 2012
@sisteramp @twhiddleston You coulda warned me before I saw him at work today and melted in his eyes—ICE! Meltedin his…ice…yeah…errrm…
— Zachary Levi (@ZacharyLevi)
August 30, 2012
So… yeah, I think there’s a good chance of it.

People naturally find villains more interesting since they're able to have a larger "personality" range than heroes. For instance, Thor is a pretty straight forward character while Loki is manipulative, mysterious, and deceitful.

I'm one of the few people that prefer characters that play it straight over smart mouthed *****e bags.
I'm definitely one that often prefer villains. As you say they are often allowed to have more intricate personalities and it's humanizing to give a character flaws.

That said I think that Thor and Loki have been the most equal pairing of hero and villain in superhero movies. Thor started out with some pretty bad traits which he worked on and that made his noble self that much more interesting since we got to see that it didn't come easy. Loki's villainous side is also explained by real motivations and he's a complicated character that makes you identify with him even as he does horrible things. These characters also belong together and neither will be quite as good without the other.

While Thor is my favorite superhero, which makes me biased towards him, I'd still say that they have a challenge to keep him having an interesting personality in the coming movie and not just have him become the good hero. The hinted at new dynamic between him and Loki does give me hope in this regard though, since the line about killing Loki for betrayal indicates a nice badass side. He should never become an anti-hero of any kind but the guy that will do the bad things when it's necessary, but feel sorry about it.

Last edited:
Mine too!!! This is pure Thorgasmicness for itself! Just look at that confident smile in the end.... *sigh* :hrt::hrt::hrt:

hmmm good eye I missed him smiling at the end. That clip only shows what I hope is a very small fraction of Thors power. I hope we get a better representation when the 2nd trailer comes out most likely later in the summer.

Mjölnir;25735471 said:
I'm definitely one that often prefer villains. As you say they are often allowed to have more intricate personalities and it's humanizing to give a character flaws.

That said I think that Thor and Loki have been the most equal pairing of hero and villain in superhero movies. Thor started out with some pretty bad traits which he worked on and that made his noble self that much more interesting since we got to see that it didn't come easy. Loki's villainous side is also explained by real motivations and he's a complicated character that makes you identify with him even as he does horrible things. These characters also belong together and neither will be quite as good without the other.

While Thor is my favorite superhero, which makes me biased towards him, I'd still say that they have a challenge to keep him having an interesting personality in the coming movie and not just have him become the good hero. The hinted at new dynamic between him and Loki does give me hope in this regard though, since the line about killing Loki for betrayal indicates a nice badass side. He should never become an anti-hero of any kind but the guy that will do the bad things when it's necessary, but feel sorry about it.
I love both and what is Loki without Thor?.. Blood Brothers Quote

I love both and what is Loki without Thor?.. Blood Brothers Quote
Indeed. Blood Brothers was a really nice animated story that gave me something I didn't quite expect (didn't read anything about it before watching) but that really hit the spot.

In regards to whether or not we’ll see Jotun Loki again in Thor The Dark World. I don’t know for sure but take note that both Jaimie Alexander and Zachary Levi made references to Loki’s Frost Giant-ness in tweets during filming. spoliers maybe
Wowza! It’s freeeeezing in Asgard today. -4 degrees Celsius! Perhaps it’s because of Loki @twhiddleston ;) lol #Frosty
— Jaimie Alexander (@JaimieAlexander)
December 12, 2012
@sisteramp @twhiddleston You coulda warned me before I saw him at work today and melted in his eyes—ICE! Meltedin his…ice…yeah…errrm…
— Zachary Levi (@ZacharyLevi)
August 30, 2012
So… yeah, I think there’s a good chance of it.

yes that would be pretty cool... I also wonder if the name loki's last name laufeyson will come up ? I hope so..Iam hoping they will show the other characters reactions about his hertiage in paticular sif and the warriors three... The new villian should be interesting as well, all the characters will be awesome. Cant wait to see this

yes that would be pretty cool... I also wonder if the name loki's last name laufeyson will come up ? I hope so..Iam hoping they will show the other characters reactions about his hertiage in paticular sif and the warriors three... The new villian should be interesting as well, all the characters will be awesome. Cant wait to see this
I had this same thought about his last name. It would be pretty cool if his arc carried him to a place where he took on the name, even though he did kill Laufey, his own father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"