Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if it DOES happen, I'd bet he gets armor, and gets his hand back by the end of the movie lol

Wouldn't it be more likely Tyr gets his hand chopped off?

But again, I don't ever see Marvel showing the actual dismemberment of one of their protags.

tumblr_inline_mgny3mRq2B1r29lcx.gif

Damn! Taylor is going all game of thrones on this one.

Collider.com is also reporting Thor's hand getting sliced off so I'm thinking the reports are right.

Another thing Collider's Matt Goldberg pointed out was the lack of a panel after the footage and Thor: TDW got considerably less time on the panel than any of the other movies, besides TA2. Said he felt Hiddleston's entrance got more buzz than the actual footage. He thinks Marvel is mishandling the marketing of the movie and it's not getting the shot in the arm it needed from SDCC. I'm thinking he may be somewhat correct and the BTS matters we heard about a couple months ago are kinda causing it.

Wouldn't it be more likely Tyr gets his hand chopped off?

But again, I don't ever see Marvel showing the actual dismemberment of one of their protags.

Oh, for pete's sake. Luke Skywalker got his hand severed in ESB and nobody cried "boo." Still shown in prime time on kiddie stations.

Collider.com is also reporting Thor's hand getting sliced off so I'm thinking the reports are right.

Another thing Collider's Matt Goldberg pointed out was the lack of a panel after the footage and Thor: TDW got considerably less time on the panel than any of the other movies, besides TA2. Said he felt Hiddleston's entrance got more buzz than the actual footage. He thinks Marvel is mishandling the marketing of the movie and it's not getting the shot in the arm it needed from SDCC. I'm thinking he may be somewhat correct and the BTS matters we heard about a couple months ago are kinda causing it.

I wouldn't sound the alarms just yet. Isn't Thor already set to be featured at D23 next month?

Wasn't Chris Hemsworth there at all?
Sounds like only Hiddleston. No director or other actors came on stage for a panel. Seems odd that the title character isn't even there. Making me question what Marvel is doing with the marketing.

Sounds like only Hiddleston. No director or other actors came on stage for a panel. Seems odd that the title character isn't even there. Making me question what Marvel is doing with the marketing.

maybe it has something to do the whole director issue thing a while back?
or maybe they were just busy with editing.

Uggggh. When put like that starting to get a little worried. And if the stuff from months ago turns out to be true, all of this stink is because of Marvel's stubborn screen time stance.

I reserve judgment about this hand thing.... But everything else sounds SUPER (Boo, hiss... I know). Thor smashing giant beasts from the Nine Realms as well as battling the Marauders. Jane slapping Loki? And Tom H. coming out in Loki regalia to help sell it to the fans? The release date cannot come sooner.

maybe it has something to do the whole director issue thing a while back?
or maybe they were just busy with editing.

This is what i'm scared of. Filming is complete, why wasn't Taylor there? The movie comes out in 4 months and they had no panels, no Q&A. Cap got one, GOTG flew from London to do this despite the fact that they are barely 2 weeks into filming. Hopefully they are just saving it for D23 but i'll be lying if i said i wasn't a little bit concerned

T"Challa;26415751 said:
This is what i'm scared of. Filming is complete, why wasn't Taylor there? The movie comes out in 4 months and they had no panels, no Q&A. Cap got one, GOTG flew from London to do this despite the fact that they are barely 2 weeks into filming. Hopefully they are just saving it for D23 but i'll be lying if i said i wasn't a little bit concerned
Just found a story that says Thor: TDW will be one of the movies headlining the 2013 D23 Expo, so looks like a false alarm.

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/...-the-dark-world-tomorrowland-information.html

I read before SDCC that Natalie Portman and Chris Hemsworth were scheduled to make an appearance. The report that Tom Hiddleston was going to be there came very late, like yesterday. I wonder if the other two got the boot or something. I loved TH's monologue, don't get me wrong, and clearly the fan base for him is more vocal than the fan base for Thor, but it does make me wonder why only TH was used for the panel.

I read before SDCC that Natalie Portman and Chris Hemsworth were scheduled to make an appearance. The report that Tom Hiddleston was going to be there came very late, like yesterday. I wonder if the other two got the boot or something. I loved TH's monologue, don't get me wrong, and clearly the fan base for him is more vocal than the fan base for Thor, but it does make me wonder why only TH was used for the panel.
Could have been a change of plan for Marvel and they decided to focus on the other Phase 2 movies that won't have next year's SDCC to make their major marketing pushes. They still have the D23 Expo to market Thor: TDW so it could work out for all them in the end.

Still, D23 doesn't reach the same demographic as Comic-Con. TDW is the next film to come out from the studio, and the lack of a Q&A and promo from the director and the leads is definitely a snub that's bound to be discussed in fanboy circles and the more mainstream media for months to come.

Well let's keep something in Mind folks, KING Thor, granted in the Future, looses most of his ARM to Wolverine. Remember, I'm betting ALOT of Walt's run is being merged with the King Thor arc.

Still, D23 doesn't reach the same demographic as Comic-Con. TDW is the next film to come out from the studio, and the lack of a Q&A and promo from the director and the leads is definitely a snub that's bound to be discussed in fanboy circles and the more mainstream media for months to come.

Aren't most of the people in CC going to watch TDW anyway?

I think it's telling that none of the Thor two cast or even the director showed up besides Hiddleston....

It's a little tough to decipher. On the one hand, that's typically bad news, but on the other, they seemed to have limited time on the stage to themselves and really wanted to surprise people with GOTG cast. Do they usually only have an hour or so? Or have they done longer?

Guess we'll see. It'd be a shame if they didn't have much confidence in this movie. It already looks better than the first so far.

Well I'm glad I didn't stay up! A few interesting bits and pieces but I was hoping for a little more....

I think it's telling that none of the Thor two cast or even the director showed up besides Hiddleston....

Or maybe, y'know, Chris H. and Portman have big time Hollywood acting careers that means their time to do such press junkets for films that come out in months is limited? Shot in the dark?

Disney has the D23 Expo coming up on Aug. 10th so there is still an opportunity for a Thor panel. I can now easily see why they held off on a SDCC panel if they're going to do one there. Have to have some surprises to bring in the fans by having exclusive panels/info not spoiled at SDCC.

Marvel Entertainment ✔ @Marvel

Don't miss @twhiddleston, aka Loki, signing with #ThorDarkWorld director Alan Taylor, noon on Sunday at the #MarvelSDCC booth.
6:27 AM - 21 Jul 2013 Taylor will be there too. There you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"