Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly, that's why I'm more excited for Thor 2 than I was for TA because Thor won't have to be downplayed in favor of another hero.

I definately want to see alot more empasis put on Thor's flying and weather control abilties in this film/

Thor's flying wasn't downplayed because Iron Man is favored, it was downplayed because flying has become an iconic staple of Iron Man, it's his thing, just like strength is Hulk's thing and leadership is Cap's thing. Thor already has all 3 of those things, so the reason those things are downplayed in favor of the other characters is so they can stand out more, or else why even have other characters if Thor can already do everything they can as good as they can?

For Thor, something I'd rather see more of, and the thing I want him to become known for, is his "magic." That's one thing Thor has that no other Avenger does. I want to see Thor use his magic hammer in different ways, I want to see him use his magic lightning in different ways, I want to see him use his other magical abilities. But flying? I'm fine with how much it's used, as long as they show he can do it.

EDIT:
Captain America = Soldier with shield who leads people into battles
Hulk = Big green rage monster who's extremely strong
Iron Man = Guy in mechanical suit who flies around and shoots beams and missiles
Thor = Norse god who uses a hammer, lighting and magic.

This is the way it should be IMO to keep everything balanced. Thor should definitely fly, and even use strength and leadership, but I don't care to much to see Thor zooming around the sky half the time like Iron Man.

Last edited:
guys something i noticed in the set video is that, the first few second shows a storm/tornado and when the screen clears u can see hemsworth rise up..
does anyone catch this? i thiink it is his arrival into the battle, knockin out the entire enemy force!

the reason they don't play up the flying is because thor doesn't fly. he throws mjolnir really hard and holds onto it.

the reason they don't play up the flying is because thor doesn't fly. he throws mjolnir really hard and holds onto it.

He was able to stay in the sky in a upward position for quite awhile while battling the destroyer in his film, so I'd count that as evidence that he can fly, but he's been known to be capable of staying in the sky without throwing his hammer into any direction in the comics as well.

He was able to stay in the sky in a upward position for quite awhile while battling the destroyer in his film, so I'd count that as evidence that he can fly, but he's been known to be capable of staying in the sky without throwing his hammer into any direction in the comics as well.

That could've been the tornado he created. It was strong enough to lift the Destroyer and keep it in the air.

cK5qC.gif

I wonder if we can expect to get our first official still of the film within a few weeks from now since I recall Iron Man 3 letting out one official still not that long after production began for them.

Whatevz, I guess people are gonna believe what they wanna believe. :whatever:

You can put me in that category as well, because I am definately more excited about Thor 2 than I was for TA.

Then explain how Thor was smacking them in the face.

The Frost Giant height in Thor varied.

The soldier frost giants were only 2-5 heads taller than Thor (about the height of Hulk in The Avengers) while Laufey, as well as some others, were really huge. About 15-20 feet tall.

I am watching it right now, pausing the film to make sure. Where are some of you getting these height from?

Laufey is bigger, but not that much bigger. 10 feet, maybe 11. He isn't twice the height of Frigga, who isn't even six feet. For him to be 20 feet tall he would have to be more then three times the height of Frigga.

Even if they are reported to be that tall, the reports are clearly wrong.

I am watching it right now, pausing the film to make sure. Where are some of you getting these height from?

Laufey is bigger, but not that much bigger. 10 feet, maybe 11. He isn't twice the height of Frigga, who isn't even six feet. For him to be 20 feet tall he would have to be more then three times the height of Frigga.

Even if they are reported to be that tall, the reports are clearly wrong.

But look at the scene where Loki talks to Laufey. The length of Laufey's leg alone from foot to knee was half the height of Loki.

Last edited:
But look at the scene where Loki talks to Laufey. The length of Laufey's leg alone from foot to knee was half the height of Loki.

You mean when he is sitting down on his throne? Because that is the only shot of the two of them in frame together. The throne is elevated off the floor by steps and if anything that shot proves my point. Sitting as straight up as he is missing maybe a couple of feet of his height at most and even elevated on the elevated throne he is barely taller then Loki. Tom is listed as a little over six feet tall, so it isn't like we are looking at a being twice his height, much less three times it. How long do you think Laufey's thigh is?

In those scenes you could see that Thor was spinning his hammer above his head to stay in the air.

He blocks the blast, but immediately starts twirling it again.

That isn't actually what happens. Thor blocks the blast, brings the hammer back above his head and then strikes the next blast. The movement is fluid so he never starts spinning his hammer again. The next shot is of him falling/flying at the Destroyer.

Now I am in the group that believes he needs his hammer to fly in the films, but they don't always display it very well imo. Like the shot of him landing before he fights Loki.

I never realized how badly the medieval/Viking feeling was missing from the previous Thor suits. As good as they were, this new outfit just feels....RIGHT. Love it. I'm very curious to see how the new art direction changes the rest of the movies designs.

I like the pics we see,but i relly hope they dont go the LOTR route with this moie.I hope to see the sci fi elements remained.

@Zionite1

The first Thor film was so heavily influenced by Kirby's style that I am sure they are gonna keep those designs for Asgard itself. Otherwise it will look a bit jarring. But I am enjoying seeing Thor get a bit of dirt under his fingernails for a change.

As for Thor flying - he has always done it by twirling his hammer. I know in some comic panels and cartoons he is seen floating about but in his first appearance Thor pretty much makes it clear he throws it and he hangs on. Anyway it seems the MCU is going with this logic - and once you've made your own rules in a film ya gotta stick to them.

As for the scene with the destroyer - he twirls his hammer to get the whirlwind going and this keeps both him and the destroyer aloft. But apart from that he is essentially throwing himself about 'with style'.

Thor's flying wasn't downplayed because Iron Man is favored, it was downplayed because flying has become an iconic staple of Iron Man, it's his thing, just like strength is Hulk's thing and leadership is Cap's thing. Thor already has all 3 of those things, so the reason those things are downplayed in favor of the other characters is so they can stand out more, or else why even have other characters if Thor can already do everything they can as good as they can?

For Thor, something I'd rather see more of, and the thing I want him to become known for, is his "magic." That's one thing Thor has that no other Avenger does. I want to see Thor use his magic hammer in different ways, I want to see him use his magic lightning in different ways, I want to see him use his other magical abilities. But flying? I'm fine with how much it's used, as long as they show he can do it.

EDIT:
Captain America = Soldier with shield who leads people into battles
Hulk = Big green rage monster who's extremely strong
Iron Man = Guy in mechanical suit who flies around and shoots beams and missiles
Thor = Norse god who uses a hammer, lighting and magic.

This is the way it should be IMO to keep everything balanced. Thor should definitely fly, and even use strength and leadership, but I don't care to much to see Thor zooming around the sky half the time like Iron Man.

That's nice, like I said I'd like to see Thor's flying ability expanded upon regardless of the reason it's downplayed.

*shrugs*

I could but I'm not, after 11,000 posts the whole "internet debating" thing just gets a little old ya know.

That's nice, like I said I'd like to see Thor's flying ability expanded upon regardless of the reason it's downplayed.

*shrugs*

I could but I'm not, after 11,000 posts the whole "internet debating" thing just gets a little old ya know.

You started this with something that could be found out by simply watching the film. You playing the "can't be bothered" card because you are clearly wrong.

Last edited:
I want Loki to play a Hannibal Lecter role in this movie - locked up but offering Thor some advice etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"