Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had made a comment, before the thread break, about how if the Asgardians don't have the Bifrost repaired by the time of Thor2, it will look rather bad on Asgard.

Vartha replied (sorry, I can't seem to be able to quote it properly):

"Well I was thinking about that the other night. :D Makes me really wonder if these Asgardians even built the Bridge in the first place and Asgard is just another trophie of Odin's."

Exactly! If you can't maintain it, can you really count it as "your" technology?

Or maybe it was built so long ago that they have forgotten all their civil engineering. (Which would imply they're kind of stagnating.)

I had made a comment, before the thread break, about how if the Asgardians don't have the Bifrost repaired by the time of Thor2, it will look rather bad on Asgard.

"Well I was thinking about that the other night. :D Makes me really wonder if these Asgardians even built the Bridge in the first place and Asgard is just another trophie of Odin's."

Exactly! If you can't maintain it, can you really count it as "your" technology?

Or maybe it was built so long ago that they have forgotten all their civil engineering. (Which would imply they're kind of stagnating.)

It makes Asgard look bad?

622.gif

There are other possible explanations for Odin's difficulty in repairing the Bifrost. Perhaps it is such a monumental undertaking that it's going to take a long time to complete the project. The explosion at the end of Thor was massive and completely destroyed the Bifrost. The machinery of the Bifrost is obviously very sophisticated, so it's reasonable to assume that it would take a while to rebuild or fabricate from scratch, even with Odin's resources.

Consider the amount of resources, technical expertise, time and money it took to build the Large Hadron Collider/CERN facility. Now imagine how long it would take to rebuild the LHC/CERN if, perchance, it were to be blown up. That's the sort of task facing Odin and the Asgardians with regards to the Bifrost, in my view.

There are other possible explanations for Odin's difficulty in repairing the Bifrost. Perhaps it is such a monumental undertaking that it's going to take a long time to complete the project. The explosion at the end of Thor was massive and completely destroyed the Bifrost. The machinery of the Bifrost is obviously very sophisticated, so it's reasonable to assume that it would take a while to rebuild or fabricate from scratch, even with Odin's resources.

Consider the amount of resources, technical expertise, time and money it took to build the Large Hadron Collider/CERN facility. Now imagine how long it would take to rebuild the LHC/CERN if, perchance, it were to be blown up. That's the sort of task facing Odin and the Asgardians with regards to the Bifrost, in my view.

That's a fair point. Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, or. . . something like that :yay:

We Midgardians apparently required 10 years to build the Large Hadron Collider. So if that's a benchmark, after only 2.5 years, it may not even look like they've made progress on a rebuild.

That's a fair point. Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, or. . . something like that :yay:

We Midgardians apparently required 10 years to build the Large Hadron Collider. So if that's a benchmark, after only 2.5 years, it may not even look like they've made progress on a rebuild.

I remember on how Kevin Feige mentioned on how Thor destroying the bridge back in his solo film had consequences for the nine realms, implying that since Asgard was no longer able to travel as freely to the other realms, they weren't able to maintain the order.

I wonder though, if word got out on how Loki tried to destroy the Frost Giants planet by using the Frost Bridge, wouldn't that make every other realm very weary of the Asgardians, let alone them building another machine like that. Sure, Odin would have no intentions of using the Bi-Frost like that, but would everyone else think so? By all accounts the Bi Frost is like a way of maintaining somewhat of a militaristic order on everyone; almost like Odin's "death star" if you will.lol

I remember on how Kevin Feige mentioned on how Thor destroying the bridge back in his solo film had consequences for the nine realms, implying that since Asgard was no longer able to travel as freely to the other realms, they weren't able to maintain the order.

I wonder though, if word got out on how Loki tried to destroy the Frost Giants planet by using the Frost Bridge, wouldn't that make every other realm very weary of the Asgardians, let alone them building another machine like that. Sure, Odin would have no intentions of using the Bi-Frost like that, but would everyone else think so? By all accounts the Bi Frost is like a way of maintaining somewhat of a militaristic order on everyone; almost like Odin's "death star" if you will.lol

Fear will keep the realms in line.

Seriously, though, you make a good point. I hadn't thought about that from that point of view! That would certainly put a different twist on things, if the other realms were actively trying to keep the bridge from getting repaired. And would they regard the Midgardians' efforts to help the Asgardians as a threat?

In any event, I hope in the rebuild they put in a circuit breaker so you can't destroy a destination with an overload like with the previous bridge!!

Exactly. They might also need very rare materials to build a bifrost and a tremendous amount of power to put it together & start it up, maybe more power than they have at the moment.

The crew were spotted in Iceland. Nothing fancy tho...yet
Also, it seems SIF may have been written out of the scenes, according to the source of this pic
a2e8c8fc149311e29a5322000a1d0353_7.jpg

That's unfortunate
Hope too much of Jaime's role doesn't get cut due to her injury
Well, as long as the Warrior's Three pick up the slack I suppose...

Official Synopsis:

Marvel’s “Thor: The Dark World” continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s “Thor” and “Marvel’s The Avengers,” Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos…but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgård, Idris Elba, Christopher Eccleston, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano and Jaimie Alexander with Rene Russo and Anthony Hopkins as Odin, “Thor: The Dark World” is directed by Alan Taylor, produced by Kevin Feige, from a story by Don Payne (credit not final) and screenplay by Christopher Yost and Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (credit not final) and is based on Marvel’s classic Super Hero Thor, who first appeared in the comic book “Journey into Mystery” #83 in August, 1962.

“Thor: The Dark World” is presented by Marvel Studios. The executive producers are Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Stan Lee, Victoria Alonso, Craig Kyle and Nigel Gostelow. The film releases November 8, 2013, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

So Surtur is def behind the scenes.

For a second there I thought Hopkins wasn't back.

Yeah, definitely sounds like Surtur to me. Let's hope he's being built up for a later movie and not shoved into the last five minutes of this one.

Official Synopsis:

Gotta love on how the stakes are so high for Thor to face in this film, let alone how Thor is charged with the task with not just saving Earth but the entire cosmos as the synopsis worded it.

I sort of think that the Casket of Ancient Winters will be be in play. Last we saw of it, Loki had it in his possession and I don't exactly remember Odin or Thor taking it from him. Maybe on Loki's travels, he stashed it or gave it to Malekith for some grander plan.

I sort of think that the Casket of Ancient Winters will be be in play. Last we saw of it, Loki had it in his possession and I don't exactly remember Odin or Thor taking it from him. Maybe on Loki's travels, he stashed it or gave it to Malekith for some grander plan.

Loki had placed the Casket onto the device that activated the Bi-Frost Bridge, which is the reason why we saw the place being frozen up with that interesting looking icicle tree inside of it. The casket most likely fell into the darkest part of the cosmos when Thor destroyed the bridge.

I thought they would keep the focus on earth. I was wrong it seems. Nonetheless, I like the sound of that synopsis. Hopefully they can pull it off.

And fingers crossed that they find a reason to get Kat out of her hoodie and baggie jeans and into something more, er, comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"