Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanos vs the silver surfer would be nuts! Wouldn't be much of a fight though :p

I know the Silver Surfer has fought Thanos many times in the comics and has not come out on top in such battles, but I don't think I would go as far as to suggest the battle between the two would be entirely one sided (in favor of Thanos), unless he possessed the Infinity Gauntlet (in which case yeah, Thanos would sweep the floor with Surfer). If I was to give them a match up using a percentage 50 / 50 (being even in power) out of the 100% of power available between the two, I would say Thanos / Surfer is maybe 60 / 40 in my opinion. I mean I don't see it as an extreme difference in power levels like say Daredevil Vs. Galactus or anything. Lol So, I think a fight is still close enough that it would be entertaining to watch. Perhaps Surfer could call upon some of the other Heralds to help, like Nova, and Firelord. Three on one and Thanos would have his work cut out for him. Lol

Surfer

Surfer's one of my favorite heroes, would definitely love to see him come into this somehow. I hope some sort of deal was worked out with Fox a while back when they were trying to acquire the rights to FF characters.

I can't see Fox giving up Galactus, but maybe Fox and Marvel could find a way to share the rights to some of the characters.

Perhaps both franchises start exploring alternate timelines/verses and indicate that both marvels exist in different universes. Marvel studios' universe is Marvel 999999. Fox could be Marvel 6666666 lol. They could agree to do a cross-over, but only in the sense that they would cross into the same verse, and Pym/Mr. Fantastic both have access to concepts like the negative zone. A possible problem is which studio gets to display it on film first? Marvel may want to explore this first because of Pym.

There would be two surfers and two versions of Galactus on screen. One in the Fox verse and one in the Marvel Studios verse. It would be explained by the studios working together and establishing that both universes differ from Marvel 616 & 919 etc. These are the movie verses, one of them focuses on X men/FF (Fox IS building a shared universe over there...) and Marvel studios focuses on Avengers and everything else. With this mechanism in place, Marvel studios could pay a little bit more money to include a mutant or two later on. Especially with the mutants starting the alternate timeline thing...

The thing that would separate these timelines from some comic verses and each other more than anything else is Kang.
In Fox's new FF verse Kang is fine...
In Marvel studios 9999999 verse Kang is Immortus. He's changed his own past, created alternate universes, he rules points in the past and in the 31st century. There's little mention of Richards and Immortus rules the alternate 31st century Guardians when the Universal church of truth shows the 21st century team the timeline split.

For example: instead of using Kang, they pay a certain amount of money to use the name Immortus. Surfer and Galactus would be approached differently from what Fox wants to do with them.

Last edited:
Loki, please answer my PM from a few days ago lol

Loki never answers to mortals :o

He answered to at least one mortal....

hulk+smashing+loki.gif

tumblr_mfj2w31Uk31qjemo2o1_250.gif

Ahhh... Loki, I love ya, but you did kinda deserve that. :p

I still have a hard time watching that scene lol. Loki would never loose to ANY hulk in a fight, he's too smart and too magical. But he was a punk, so I guess being caught "off guard" is okay :p

I still have a hard time watching that scene lol. Loki would never loose to ANY hulk in a fight, he's too smart and too magical. But he was a punk, so I guess being caught "off guard" is okay :p

Agreed. And he kind of deserved it too, so it's all good.:yay:

I did think it made Loki look kinda a weakling but I loved it anyways! :D I just think of it as overconfidence.

I did think it made Loki look kinda a weakling but I loved it anyways! :D I just think of it as overconfidence.
Counting too much on the presence attack to work and not having a backup plan.

I think it was just a temper tantrum that things weren't going his way. Plus those lowly midgardians were giving him so much trouble between Black Widow escaping his fire, Hawkeye blowing him up, and Hulk smashing him through the glass and up against the wall. Those three things hit pretty quickly and he was quite pissed, so him being caught off guard at that moment is totally acceptable to me.

Question is, what does he do next time he sees Hulk? ;)

I think it was just a temper tantrum that things weren't going his way. Plus those lowly midgardians were giving him so much trouble between Black Widow escaping his fire, Hawkeye blowing him up, and Hulk smashing him through the glass and up against the wall. Those three things hit pretty quickly and he was quite pissed, so him being caught off guard at that moment is totally acceptable to me.

Question is, what does he do next time he sees Hulk? ;)

Answer: Run away screaming like a little girl.

[YT]wp20w83uM6s[/YT]

Answer: Run away screaming like a little girl.

Oh I don't know about that. More likely to see him coming and before Hulk spots him, maybe shove his brother out in the line of sight and then sneak away. LOL... yes sneaking away is far more dignified for a "would be" king.

Although even the legendary brave King Arthur had occasion to run away screaming like a little girl... ;)

[YT]KAp9sFVdERQ[/YT]

cool little thing for those who saw the Thor 2 SFX team tshirts that were posted on the cbm site. Around the Mjolnir/Triquetra symbol are runes which translates into:

Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.

thanks again American Maid for that link to the rune translation site. LOL

Last edited:
cool little thing for those who saw the Thor 2 SFX team tshirts that were posted on the cbm site. Around the Mjolnir/Triquetra symbol are runes which translates into:

Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.

thanks again American Maid for that link to the rune translation site. LOL

Well done, Elizah! Thanks for doing the work. It's fun to know what it says.

So when do you think we'll get the first teaser trailer for Thor 2?

TBH i dont think a thor tv spot is gonna be shown at superbowl cuz:
the movie is less than an year away, and IM3 needs to amp up its marketing by putting a tv spot, i dont think Disney is willing to put 2 marvel movies during the bowl so dont get ur hopes up...
But i am pretty damn sure IM3 will have a tv spot during superbowl cuz theres not that many blockbuster movies coming out on the first half of 2013 other than MOS and star trek...
I think the first footage of thor we are gonna get is with the phase 1 briefcase pack where Feige i think confirmed that theres gonna be some sort of teaser of IM3, Thor TDW, and Cap WS, which is like the first week of April...
as for a full theatrical trailer for Thor 2, I is most likely gonna be with IM3 release, which is six months before Thor 2 release, which sounds right since IM3 got its first trailer before six months of its release...

^ I agree with all that, darkslayer, except the part about the Super Bowl. IM3 has pretty much already got its big trailers out; the only new things we'll have between now and release will be the 30- 60-second TV spots that are mostly rehashes of the teaser & theatrical trailers. Marvel isn't going to blow beaucoup dollars on blasphemously expensive Super Bowl spots for those. If Marvel wants *any* Super Bowl advertising, they'll want to get/give their money's worth, so a brand new Thor trailer is far more likely to have an impact than IM3 trailer leftovers.

Oh, some comics news here...
http://whedonesque.com/comments/30212

January 03 2013

Christos Gage to pen Thor and Iron Man "Marvel Cinematic Universe" comics. Christos Gage, writer of Angel and Faith and Willow, is writing a Thor comic that bridges the first Thor film and Thor: The Dark World. Additionally, he is writing a comic that bridges together Iron Man 2 leading up to Iron Man 3. More after the cut.

Both titles will be a two issue mini series.
Christos promises the Thor title to be "very character focused". There's a preview page of the art featuring Loki.

A_oCQbbCUAAkuhy.png:large

The first Iron Man issue was released on January 2nd, and the first Thor issue comes out on January 16th.

Tweeted 1/4/2013 Christos Gage ‏@Christosgage
@broadwayhottie Yeah, the Thor prelude bridges the first Thor film and the next one. Very character focused!

Also IMDB now lists Thor 2 as in "post production" :)

Last edited:
Damn you Marvel you stole my idea I posted ages ago in the Avengers boards. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija