Thor 2 news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah BT I commented about what you'd said and bod responded. Tho Nifflheim is for the unhonored dead, Hel is the plain land of the dead.

Here's Marvel's Yggdrasil
9worldsinfosheeta.png

Here's the norse version

ygg20.jpg

The interesting thing I've learned lately is that there is another 'heaven', linked to the Vanir gods:Fólkvangr , ruled by Freyja. Half of the dead to Fólkvangr and the other half to Valhalla.:cool:

I've definitely been to the Well of Wyrd a few times. :p

Yeah BT I commented about what you'd said and bod responded. Tho Nifflheim is for the unhonored dead, Hel is the plain land of the dead.

Here's Marvel's Yggdrasil
9worldsinfosheeta.png

So Hel is the actual realm and Niffleheim is one of the levels of Hel?

The interesting thing I've learned lately is that there is another 'heaven', linked to the Vanir gods:Fólkvangr , ruled by Freyja. Half of the dead to Fólkvangr and the other half to Valhalla.:cool:
Yeah where do you think the Farmers, fishermen and so on went? Valhalla's a warriors heaven. :D

So Hel is the actual realm and Niffleheim is one of the levels of Hel?
well they're all realms of the dead just seperate from one another. Even Sutur's world is seperate. It's levels of how bad you are that puts you in each realm. (IMO Hilter would be with Surtur lol)

well they're all realms of the dead just seperate from one another. Even Sutur's world is seperate. It's levels of how bad you are that puts you in each realm. (IMO Hilter would be with Surtur lol)

So if Hel falls under the "8th" realm and Surtur's realm falls under the "9th", where does that place Niffleheim?

And what if you're a warrior and a fisherman?:D

Then they sign you up for the Perpetual Pro Bass Fishing Tournament in Svartalfheim. :awesome:

I'd like to see a representation of the MCU's version of Yggdrasil and the Nine Realms, as described by Thor. If I understood him right in the movie, the Nine "Realms" are basically planets, and "Yggdrasil" is a constellation whose form is visible from Midgard (Earth).

And what if you're a warrior and a fisherman?:D

Ah man its late. I was snickering to myself thinking of your avatar with a fishing pole instead of Mjolnir. That one of the wide throw would be a hell of a fly cast. :woot:

Ah man its late. I was snickering to myself thinking of your avatar with a fishing pole instead of Mjolnir. That one of the wide throw would be a hell of a fly cast. :woot:

A Prince of Asgard doesn't fish.:o

Not even if it's some big mouthed, flash spamming fish creature like this?
Gobul.jpg

He is easier to hunt on land as opposed to water too so it's best to fish him out.

LOL. Looks like a beast he could just hit with mjölnir.

Now I can't get this picture out of my head Thor's sitting at a lake fishing. :funny:

LOL. What the hell is that?

That my friend is called the Gobul. He is a monster that most people who play Monster Hunter Tri absolutely hate, especially underwater where he can create whirlpools that drag you into his jaws. Like I said he is much easier to fight if you fish him out of the water with a frog as your bait, but do not go into the water in area 4 of the Flooded Forest or you'll flush him out and lose the chance to fish him out. And that little lantern on his head, when he flashes you you're dazed for a bit leaving you open to attack. You either get a safe distance away or do a timed panic dive to avert getting stunned.

Now that you've got me thinking about it I've never hammered Gobul before. I might just try that since I have a very powerful End Game hammer. Thing is hammering underwater during underwater combat is quite awkward.

P.S. The Thor movies have such nice looking costumes and armors it would be cool to see them as special Download Quest Armor sets and Weapons. I mean how cool would it be to hunt a monster in Monster Hunter as Thor or Loki? In the Japanese only game MH Portable 3rd they have Solid Snake and Big Boss armors. Marvel must partner up with Capcom and Monster Hunter!

Last edited:

Now I can't get this picture out of my head Thor's sitting at a lake fishing. :funny:
....hey peeps don't forget Thor is ALSO a god of fertility....he can fish with a different pole and not at a lake...by the way Sif's a Fertility GODDESS

Basically Thor is a god of farmming. God of Thunder hence rain=good crops for farmers

Last edited:
So if Hel falls under the "8th" realm and Surtur's realm falls under the "9th", where does that place Niffleheim?
even tho it's seperate it's still hel. The nine worlds are messed up IMO in the first place lol. The first four worlds are on Asgard the continent. lol :doh:

I'm sure trying to discribe them realms in the norse time was a real pain lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"