Asgard
Hel
Jotunheim
Midgard
Muspelheim
Nidavellir
Svartalfheim
Vanaheim

Crossing out the ones we've seen. Only Hel is in any way interesting unless they are using Surtur in Muspelheim. The rest have Light/Dark Elves, dwarves and a sister race of gods. Keep in mind we are getting The Hobbit in 2012, it might not look very original. They could stretch the idea of 'other worlds' to Nornheim I guess.

True :cool:

Yeah I could definately see Kate Beckinsale as Karnilla, I don't know about Hela though.

Man I completely forgot about Brunnhilde being a Secret Avenger, how have they been treating her character so far?

Karnilla? I also thought about Hela too. :o

Oh no, I'm thinking of an old Nightwish song now called Planet Hell.

With Hela they'd have a lot of explaining to do since your average moviegoer is going to be scratching their heads at the fact Loki's daughter seems to be about the same age as he is. That and Hela's conception is never hinted at in Thor. In order to properly set her up in the movie universe some characters will have to be put on the sidelines. I think we can use Spider-man 3 as a precedence for why putting too many characters in a movie is a bad idea because you can't stay focused on one story and give the plot coherence. With a character like Hela you need to spend a lot of time on her back story and make it plausible to people who have never read the comics at all. I'd think with Hela her conception would involve a little Time Traveling on Loki's part? Perhaps this is one of the things he did to keep himself amused during his 3 year self banishment?

Last edited:
Yes, there are many good stories about them in their 50 years of existence.
You should read some of their comics and see if you like them.:cool:
But keep in mind: There are many bad stories about them too. That's the downside of 50 years of existence.

Looking through the nine realms:

Alfheim
Asgard
Hel
Jotunheim
Midgard
Muspelheim
Nidavellir
Svartalfheim
Vanaheim

Crossing out the ones we've seen. Only Hel is in any way interesting unless they are using Surtur in Muspelheim. The rest have Light/Dark Elves, dwarves and a sister race of gods. Keep in mind we are getting The Hobbit in 2012, it might not look very original. They could stretch the idea of 'other worlds' to Nornheim I guess.

Hel isn't actually a realm, it's a location in the realm of Nifflehiem and I think Muspelhiem, Nidalvellir, Svartalfhiem, and Alfhiem would also make interesting locations.

I would like to see atleast 3 new realms in Thor 2 and I'm also pretty excited about seeing Light/Dark Elves & especially the Dwarves in this franchise at some point.

Do you guys think that it may be a bit repetitive if we see Thor placed in a situation where he's near death again as a result of having fought a powerful opponent, only in this situation, he'd have been fully powered at the time?

Do you guys think that it may be a bit repetitive if we see Thor placed in a situation where he's near death again as a result of having fought a powerful opponent, only in this situation, he'd have been fully powered at the time?

Yeah it would be, although it would be less repetitive if they save another "near death" scene for Thor 3.

It seems like until THOR and CA:TFA came out every superhero film had the heroes getting their asses kicked in the final fight, I can understand them wanting to sell the drama but it started to get a bit old.

Looking through the nine realms:

Alfheim
Asgard
Hel
Jotunheim
Midgard
Muspelheim
Nidavellir
Svartalfheim
Vanaheim

Tolkien's elves look like beautiful humans with slightly pointed ears. To set Thor apart I would use CGI to play up the alien nature of the Ljosalfar, Dokkalfar/Svartalfar etc. like so:

dark_eldar__we_are_pain_by_beckjann-d487x47.jpg

Movieverse Thor is technically sci-fantasy anyway so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Last edited:
Tolkien's elves look like beautiful humans with slightly pointed ears. To set Thor apart of I would use CGI to play up the alien nature of the Ljosalfar, Dokkalfar/Svartalfar etc. like so:

dark_eldar__we_are_pain_by_beckjann-d487x47.jpg

Movieverse Thor is technically sci-fantasy anyway so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

That could work, Aeltri!:up:

Just curious, but is Thor known to be capable of wielding other weapons efficiently in the comics whenever he's been separated from his hammer (like, imagine if Thor was the other side of a continent or realm from his hammer)?

Just curious, but is Thor known to be capable of wielding other weapons efficiently in the comics whenever he's been separated from his hammer (like, imagine if Thor was the other side of a continent or realm from his hammer)?

Yes, he's the best warrior from Asgard, be it with a weapon or not. So, he's very accomplished with swords, axes and ther traditional weapons.

Yes, he's the best warrior from Asgard, be it with a weapon or not. So, he's very accomplished with swords, axes and ther traditional weapons.

Cool; heck, I wouldn't mind if they gave a little nod to the Ultimate interpretation by showing Thor wield a similar Ax/Hammer like weapon when he doesn't have his regular one around.

Also, what I'm really hoping for is to see Thor DIRECTLY save some innocent bystanders (assuming if he's not shown to in the Avengers) this time around.

I want to see Thor where he's just not presented as being able to kick a lot of strong people's ass on the battlefield, or make last minute saves for his comrades, but see him like block debris from hitting innocent civilians or arriving last minute to eliminate an monster or something from killing someone defenseless in a more dramatic way.

Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing some crowd shots of the reactions that people would have of seeing Thor in action, especially from those who aren't used to seeing him doing those things period.

Also, what I'm really hoping for is to see Thor DIRECTLY save some innocent bystanders (assuming if he's not shown to in the Avengers) this time around.

I want to see Thor where he's just not presented as being able to kick a lot of strong people's ass on the battlefield, or make last minute saves for his comrades, but see him like block debris from hitting innocent civilians or arriving last minute to eliminate an monster or something from killing someone defenseless in a more dramatic way.

Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing some crowd shots of the reactions that people would have of seeing Thor in action, especially from those who aren't used to seeing him doing those things period.

Do you mean similar to the way all the people of Metropolis were put in harm's way by the three Kryptonians in Superman II? You got a real sense of the danger a huge battle like that would be to the bystanders in a populated area like a big city.

One story and character I would like to see them tackle a bit further down the line would be the Crusader. It's a tricky topic though.

hehe check it out, we have a second thread finally! lol

Hel isn't actually a realm, it's a location in the realm of Nifflehiem and I think Muspelhiem, Nidalvellir, Svartalfhiem, and Alfhiem would also make interesting locations.

I would like to see atleast 3 new realms in Thor 2 and I'm also pretty excited about seeing Light/Dark Elves & especially the Dwarves in this franchise at some point.

Isn't Niffleheim a part of Hel where the dishonourable souls go?

Do you mean similar to the way all the people of Metropolis were put in harm's way by the three Kryptonians in Superman II? You got a real sense of the danger a huge battle like that would be to the bystanders in a populated area like a big city.

lol; I'm not sure if that sense I supposedly have is a curse or a gift.haha

But yeah; the point in me wanting to see Thor do all of those things is to just show that Thor isn't there just to battle it out with whatever foe comes against his way; that he's just not a warrior, but a hero who can save civilians when they're in trouble.

I'm not asking Thor to patrol the streets and lock it down with common thugs; just saying that it wouldn't hurt to see Thor be put in a position where he actively goes out to save civilians of any realms during a huge scale battle when lots of casualties and collateral damage are in the mix.

Isn't Niffleheim a part of Hel where the dishonourable souls go?

I think Nifflehiem is the actual realm and Hel is a location in Nifflehiem.

But yeah; the point in me wanting to see Thor do all of those things is to just show that Thor isn't there just to battle it out with whatever foe comes against his way; that he's just not a warrior, but a hero who can save civilians when they're in trouble.

I'm not asking Thor to patrol the streets and lock it down with common thugs; just saying that it wouldn't hurt to see Thor be put in a position where he actively goes out to save civilians of any realms during a huge scale battle when lots of casualties and collateral damage are in the mix.

This could be a perfect chance to get a huge feat of strength, Thor could catch falling building or stop a large vehicle like a diesel or a bus from crashing.

Last edited:
I think this conversation might be in the other thread but DOD and I had a brief chat about the fanfictions we were both working on based on the Thor Movie Universe. I just wanted to at least update him on a development of mine recently. I'm sad to say that I just cannot write this Thor fanfiction anymore. It's just too painful an experience for me and I just can't continue with it anymore. I'm just not feeling the story I have for it anymore because it's just all in vain and has no more meaning to me. I am however going to start working on a Monster Hunter story though since that's a much less turmoil inducing project and will be something I can enjoy without my emotions getting in the way.

I think Nifflehiem is the actual realm and Hel is a location in Nifflehiem.

This could be a perfect chance to get a huge feat of strength, Thor could catch falling building or stop a large vehicle like a diesel or a bus from crashing.
they're seperate realms tho. I'll bring Marvel's Yggdrasil tomorrow

heh there ARE different levels to hel.....:woot:

I swear at one place I was working years ago my boss was Hela. Thanks for clarifying the level of Hel I've been working in for so many years. :cwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"