Thor News and Pics Thread: Oklahoma Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really funny, if you think about it: Thor Star Chris Hemsworth Gets Married - Natalie Portman is engaged - and pregnant in the same week)

Here's the full story from PEOPLE.com:

Thor star Chris Hemsworth and his longtime girlfriend, Spanish actress Elsa Pataky, are now husband and wife, PEOPLE has learned.

Hemsworth, 27, who portrays the Marvel Comics character in the upcoming films, Thor (costarring Natalie Portman) and The Avengers, grew up in Australia. He and Pataky, 34 – best known stateside for her role alongside Samuel L. Jackson in the 2006 film Snakes on a Plane – were married over the holiday.

Hemsworth's rep confirms the marriage but no further details are available.

Here's the full story from PEOPLE.com:

epwtg.jpg

I find it interesting that both Natalie Portman, Hemsworth's wife, and soon Chris himself will work alongside Samuel L. Jackson. It;s meant to be. :)

Everybody in the industry has worked with Sam at least once. You don't make your bones until.

Enough is enough! I have had it with these Asgardian snakes on this Asgardian plane!

What was it like to be a part of a production as big as Thor?

STELLAN SKARSGARD: I had a great time. I also had a great director there. Kenneth Branagh is one of the funniest directors on the set. You laugh a lot. He’s very skillful. We were also allowed to have rehearsals before we started, and discuss the writing and change the scenes. It felt like you were invited to a very nice collaboration. It’s another film done in the real world, where my scenes are.

Who do you play in the film and how does your character, Professor Andrews, fit in with the mythology of the story?

SKARSGARD: Me and Natalie Portman and Kat Dennings are doing research on strange atmospheric and space stuff going on in the sky in New Mexico. And then, we meet Thor.

Did you watch all of the Marvel movies to get ready for the film? Had you been familiar with the characters at all?

SKARSGARD: No, I haven’t [watched the movies]. That’s not the kind of homework I did. I’m not sure that would have helped. And, I was not familiar with Thor at all, when I started, but I became familiar. They gave me comic books and stuff, and [Kenneth Branagh] educated me.

I think it was totally effed up because his son didn't get the role of Thor, yet he, Stellan, got a role in the movie.

Wait, so what you're saying is: pre-order the HT figure, before it's released & it will be cheaper? Am I right? Well, that's great then :awesome: Thanks!

Yeah exactly.

Once the official specs are released for this figure, it'll be up for pre-order everywhere, get it then. I'd expect it to be fairly cheap for a Hot Toys figure.

The only trouble with pre-order is that you sometimes get the figure later on when the second batch is released.

Yeah exactly.

Once the official specs are released for this figure, it'll be up for pre-order everywhere, get it then. I'd expect it to be fairly cheap for a Hot Toys figure.

The only trouble with pre-order is that you sometimes get the figure later on when the second batch is released.
Thanks again) I hope they will release The Destroyer, Odin & Loki))

I was wondering who Stellan was going to play. I even Googled him yesterday lol
What was it like to be a part of a production as big as Thor?

STELLAN SKARSGARD: I had a great time. I also had a great director there. Kenneth Branagh is one of the funniest directors on the set. You laugh a lot. He’s very skillful. We were also allowed to have rehearsals before we started, and discuss the writing and change the scenes. It felt like you were invited to a very nice collaboration. It’s another film done in the real world, where my scenes are.

Who do you play in the film and how does your character, Professor Andrews, fit in with the mythology of the story?

SKARSGARD: Me and Natalie Portman and Kat Dennings are doing research on strange atmospheric and space stuff going on in the sky in New Mexico. And then, we meet Thor.

Did you watch all of the Marvel movies to get ready for the film? Had you been familiar with the characters at all?

SKARSGARD: No, I haven’t [watched the movies]. That’s not the kind of homework I did. I’m not sure that would have helped. And, I was not familiar with Thor at all, when I started, but I became familiar. They gave me comic books and stuff, and [Kenneth Branagh] educated me.

I am happy with Chris, but I would have been happier with Alexander who is bigger, looks more the part, and even has a slight accent.

New info about God of Thunder Video Game (Wii Version):

- Red Fly developing the Wii version
- Wii version has its own unique story and gameplay
- Action-brawler

- Focuses on Mjollnir
- Producer Chad Barron: “In fact, it’s almost more about the hammer than it is about Thor”
- Customize Mjollnir as you progress
- 3 upgrade categories: storm, valor, might

- Dev team experimented with around 10 control schemes
- Decided too much motion would be tiring in a beat-’em-up
- Buttons for standard attacks
- Motion for over-the-top moves

- Based on the movie/comic books
- Boss battles will feature some of Thor’s all-time greatest adversaries including Surtur
- Unlock costumes throughout different eras of the comic
- WayForward making DS version

Last edited:
Have seen Thor trailer in 3D in theaters, and i dont like.The movie was post-converted, right? Hope for a better look when the film arrives.

Hawkeye cameo maybe be true, but Nick Fury is out?

Everyone knows that Jeremy Renner will play Hawkeye in Joss Whedon's "The Avengers," but that's not the first time we'll see the Oscar-nominated "Hurt Locker" star drawing the bow and arrow.
Renner will first appear as Hawkeye in a cameo in the Kenneth Branagh-directed "Thor," TheWrap has learned.
There has been a lot of confusion about whether Hawkeye would be popping up in "Thor," as Empire Online speculated in November 2009 that the character would appear at the end of the film, similar to how Samuel L. Jackson was introduced as Nick Fury at the end of "Iron Man."
“If I was a betting man, I would bet that Hawkeye would probably show up in "Thor," and then be in 'The Avengers,'” Renner told Empire. “But do I know for sure? I can’t say. But I’d love for that to happen. It’d be fun.”
However, just a month later, Renner told Movieline that there was "no truth" to rumors of Hawkeye first appearing in "Thor."
"That was just one of those things that got blown way out of proportion," Renner explained at the time. "The only reason it came out this early, because 'Avengers' is two years away, is that they’re thinking OK, we may throw him in 'Thor,' we may not, as a cameo. You know what I mean? So there’s truth that we talked about it, but there’s no truth to me doing it."
But an individual who has seen an early cut of "Thor" confirmed to TheWrap that Renner's Hawkeye appears in the film, although the person declined to elaborate on the context of the character's appearance or when it will occur. They did, however, confirm Jackson's earlier statements that Nick Fury does not appear in "Thor."
Paramount will release "Thor" on May 6, while Disney will unleash "The Avengers" on May 4, 2012.
Source

Last edited:
It was never planned for Fury to be in Thor. Pretty sure they said from day 1 that Coulson would be the SHIELD link. I don't know what people are all "SLJ is out?!" for. Not chiding you here, it's just strange to see.

Pretty cool that we might get a sneak peak of Hawkeye. Not concerned about Fury not making an appearance either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"