Tim Burton for Harry Potter 7!?

The Harry Potter films are just bad at present Burton would just make them odd/dark and crap.

Joss Whedon has expressed interest, so I'd rather have him (as much as I love Tim Burton).

Burton is by far my favorite director, but he just couldn't pull off a potter movie, leave it to the director who did the 4th or 5th film.

:yay:

:dry:

RETURNS

B&R

Is this a joke? If anything you hurt your cause posting this- even though the montage from Batman & Robin is a joke, the clip from Returns is so bad it's almost impossible to distinguish them. Outside of the fantastic score which almost elevates the material to passable, just watch what's happening on screen. If the powerful music is too much to distract you(and for shame, it almost works) mute the damn sound. Michael Keaton uncovering a burnt halloween decoration with bug eyes? An army of penguins with rockets carrying their fat blue bleeding leader into the water? And you are showing us this trying to prove that it's NOT cheesy? Come on, dude :p

For a reason too:oldrazz:

BR is my least favorite Batman movie{well if you get rid of B&R}

Can't we just go back to columbus?
Columbus did AMAZING on some parts (like baby harry scene and the voldemort scenes) the day scenes were crap. Honestly though, the directing tones since HP3 has been getting darker and I would love to see the Seventh one being the darkest. Also about the music score I like a lot of the dark scores from HP3-HP5 and the Baby Harry and Voldemort scenes of HP1.

Looking at the poll, I think it is clear that Burton shouldn't do this film. The no's have spoken. :D

A resounding NO! Burton tries too hard to make movies into Tim Burton movies (ie, weird, postmodern, gothic, and surreal). His style does not fit HArry Potter at all.

del toro on a potter film would be legendary, weve all seen his fantasy genre genius behind hell boy and pans labyrinth.

he has what it takes to helm a potter film.

Agreed. Thats the difference between Del Toro and Burton. Del Toro can adapt other people's work without ego getting in the way. Burton can't. It would become "Tim Burton's Harry Potter" instead of just Harry Potter.

i fail to see how del toro and burton are different from each other tehy both have thier weird style. honestly i would like burton take on the franchise and breath some fresh air into it. the past potter films have been bland. and his movies aren't ego driven. he just brings his style to them.

I like Burton. But I don't want him anywhere close to a Potter movie.

Actually I think Guillermo Del Toro would be a good idea :up:

Burton is not right for a movie that already has the creative decisions made for it.

i voted yes but i meant no..... lol

id love him to direct one..but he's just not as good as the guy who directed the most recent one.

Tim Burton is decent when he does his own stuff, but he is imo brutal when he does something that isn't his own (i.e. Batmans and Planet of the Apes)

Anyone would be better then the hack they have now

who hasn;t directed a Harry Potter film. Let him have a go, perhpas he should cast Johnny depp as someone.

I like Harry Potter. I like Tim Burton. But you cannot mix the two.

No. It would feel too much like a Tim Burton film and not a Harry Potter film. I love Tim Burton's movies and I love Harry Potter, but "Deathly Hallows" is not the movie for him to direct. In fact, I couldn't see him directing any Potter film except perhaps "Prisoner of Azkaban".

Now, Guillermo del Toro. I think he'd bring it home in a great way. If David Yates stays on to direct the last film, then I'm going to be pissed.

who hasn;t directed a Harry Potter film. Let him have a go, perhpas he should cast Johnny depp as someone.

There aren't any characters left that Depp could possibly play. Besides, there's only one Potter role that had Depp's name all over it, and that's Sirius Black. Don't get me wrong, Gary Oldman was excellent, but I would have loved to see Depp as Sirius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"