Tim Burton for Harry Potter 7!?

What do you think 20-30's year olds in 1993 where saying about PR? That kids have taken lame to a new level...its no different

True, but back then we didn't have the internets. I agree with Catman in that today's generation is being fed utter trash, even moreso today than a decade or so ago... Hanna Montana, just a small example of how disney's fallen further into the abyss of disposable mindless entertainment.

Power Rangers was more akin to a comic book in its first few seasons then went around in circles to this very day (though I liked some of spd), so take that as you will on this board...

True, but back then we didn't have the internets. I agree with Catman in that today's generation is being fed utter trash, even moreso today than a decade or so ago... Hanna Montana, just a small example of how disney's fallen further into the abyss of disposable mindless entertainment.

Power Rangers was more akin to a comic book in its first few seasons then went around in circles to this very day (though I liked some of spd), so take that as you will on this board...

A) I agree with your previous posts take on Burton
B) Maybe I might give you it, however I just think every generation gap the older gen thinks the newer gen is stupid

What do you think 20-30's year olds in 1993 where saying about PR? That kids have taken lame to a new level...its no different

I was 11 at the time. PR had more older fan than you'd expect. You had martial arts and a hot pink ranger. That was enough reason to have older men check out the show. lol. Remember this was at the time when Baywatch was the most watched you in the WORLD. lol.

The difference between Batman and Bond, is that Bond really hasn't redone old villains or old story lines,

There has been four different versions of Blofeld, Thunderball was remade into Never Say Never Again, and You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, and Moonraker pretty much have the same plot.

Batman is a literally redoing of the franchise

When you count the serials from the `40s, the Adam West show, Superfriends, the Burton/Schumacher movies, the DCAU, Nolan movies, and The Batman on Kids WB there has been SO MANY different versions of Batman that its basically whats keeping the character fresh to the general public.

Nolan will do one more movie and he'll be replaced by a director who'll take the franchise into a new direction. Will that direction be the right or wrong one? We'll see. But...its whats gonna keep the franchise fresh.

Thats how James Bond has survived for over 40 years. Some Bond movies are good and some Bond movies are bad, but all the different approaches have kept the franchise fresh and alive. And thats how Batman has been and will continue to be. Whether you like Burton's Batman or not its silly to think that the movie will be forgotten or belittled in the coming years. The movies were just a different take on the character. Some people like it and others don't. To each his own.

I'd like to see spielberg turn that mediocre book into a masterpiece.

Spielberg and Rowling got into a fight over the casting of Harry Potter. I doubt he'll ever be involved with this franchise.

I'd like to see spielberg turn that mediocre book into a masterpiece.

Mediocre? "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was the best book to come out in the past five years. And Spielberg couldn't make it a "masterpiece" because he couldn't change the source material, which is great anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"