Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 2

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by Thread Manager, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Spider-Gnome

Spider-Gnome Walloping Web-Snappers!

I feel like Tom Hiddleston has become the Robert Downey Jr. of the Thor franchise. The scenes really came alive when he was in them and I couldn't wait for more scenes with him. I never read too much Thor comics, but I think Tom plays an excellent Loki!

2. warhorse78

warhorse78 Well-Known Member

I disagree. Evans was often spit on when he was first cast as CA because of his history with the teenage comedy flicks, and he really made CA his own. Hemsworth is good, but I just loved Vincent D' Onofrio more, and he wasn't even playing a true Thor. Hemsworth is kind of boring for me. He only comes alive when he's around Loki.

3. Senator Pleasury

Senator Pleasury Well-Known Member

When Loki actually believes in what he's doing, when there's this rage, revenge thirst and hunger for power, the character is a great villain and the humor in him becomes real. But he can very easily become a buffoon.

4. Moonwing

Moonwing Well-Known Member

Thats why its a matter of perception=). I find Evans lifeless as Cap but he really,really shined in cameo appearance as comedy seems to come so natural to him. Far more natural than stern-faced Cap. I hope that they will be able to use this calling of his in future movies.

5. Senator Pleasury

I think that happens because when Thor is round Loki he has a clear relationship and a strong conflict to work with. When he's around, let's say, Jane, then he doesn't do much. Jane Foster is a bland boring character without anything to it. She's just the generic love interest and you never get to know why Thor is attracted to her. He just is.

6. Shazam

Shazam Well-Known Member

Evans plays Cap the way Cap is in the comics....he's not a jokester........he's serious.

That cameo was great though!

7. Shazam

Shazam Well-Known Member

Because she's smokin' hot maybe??? :whatever: LOL:hrt:

8. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

Does anyone else think that Marvel is going to do a solo project with Loki? That's the impression I've been getting recently. They might not commit to a full-length movie starring him, but a One-Shot could definitely be in the cards. Louis D'Esposito said that the studio has considered attaching future One-Shots to their theatrical releases, the way the Captain America sneak peek was attached to TDW. Playing a Loki short film before some future movie would bring the house down. :awesome:

Another thing I would love to see is an appearance by Loki on Agents of SHIELD. Wouldn't it be great if he just popped up behind Agent Coulson at the end of an episode and said, "Boo!" :oldrazz: Loki might have a bit more empathy for his victim after TDW, but no, he probably won't.

BTW, it was totally ironic that Loki got run through by Kurse in TDW. That was so fitting. I actually cried real tears when he died. Then when he turned up alive at the end I was like, "Son of a three-legged *****! Now my eyes hurt and my nose is running and your ass is still alive?" :argh: That was the perfect ending. :woot:

9. Moonwing

No wander you getting this impression journalists are asking constantly due to that stupid online petition. Marvel clearly showed no intention to go trough with it. Full movie? Nop, only if Thor 3 will somehow make a billion. One short? Probably but again only after Thor 3 as it is clear that he stuck in Asgard and Asgard require money to make.

10. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I don't know, I think a Loki spin-off movie is definitely a possibility, given his popularity. Only after Thor 3, though.

A Loki one-shot? Even though it'd be tricky to do, I think its almost a sure thing at some point.

11. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Hemsworth nailed Thor from the get-go both in appearance and character. He got to prove that further in Avengers and just solidified his place in The Dark World.

12. warhorse78

To be honest, I wasn't impressed by Thor in The Avengers. To me, he was left to be nothing more than a punching bag. 2 of the other Avengers knocked him clearly off of his feet, and he got put in his place real fast by Captain America.

13. Senator Pleasury

Lol indeed. Being smoking hot is no reason for the god of thunder. He lives amongst smoking hot female warriors.

14. warhorse78

I agree, and then there was Black Widow, who is extremely smoking hot.

15. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

Kevin Feige has said recently that Marvel is considering doing more with Loki because of the character's popularity. The publicity tour that Feige did with Tom Hiddleston seems to have opened the head honcho's eyes a bit. He mentioned going to an appearance in South Korea with Hiddleston and being shocked that 7,000 crazed Loki fans turned out to see him. Events like that are shaping Marvel's approach to Loki, according to Feige.

While I am not a huge Loki fan, I think that Marvel would be foolish not to capitalize on his popularity in some way.

16. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Anyone else find it amusing that Marvel's two best cinematic villains (so far), despite how bad they can both be at times in terms of their villainy, still manage to have a soft spot for their mothers? I'm talking about both Loki and Magneto, where it seems like the memory of the love that they received from their mothers seems to be the only shard of peace that they both had left within them after becoming the people that they are infamously known for in their respective worlds.

17. Moonwing

Bow office shows that his popularity not so huge as it may seems. And they already done one thing to capitalize on it-they prolonged his life for yet another movie. I guess they spoken about this on CC and in Korea. There is no way out for him in third film-as he now full villain again-he miraculously survived two times already - now will Thor make sure he is dead.

18. Moonwing

Yep mother and best friend/brother- Charles/Eric and Thor/Loki are working on same level in a sense. You can add Doom in the mother`s-villainous-boys club.

19. KittyDuran

KittyDuran Active Member

Teefury has separate Loki and Thor shirts available today. teefury.com.

20. voyzovrezon

voyzovrezon nobody's fool

21. voyzovrezon

voyzovrezon nobody's fool

SPOILERS AHEAD

I got the impression that because Thor isn't interested in the throne that Loki will not try to kill his Asgardian brother. But Odin? What became of him? That's the million dollar question.

As for protecting Jane---it certainly would have complicated things with Thor if he hadn't . Jane is the primary interest to Thor, not the throne and Loki wants it that way.

22. LostSon88

LostSon88 Well-Known Member

Alan Taylor and Anthony Hopkins said that Odin is dead. Personally, I think Hopkins said that simply because he has no interest in doing another one.

Whether or not we take that as fact is up for debate.

23. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

I'm most inclined to go with Feige's word as 'the word' at the moment, which is basically: They left the question of what happened to Odin open.... on purpose.

24. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

If Odin is given a recast due to Hopkins opting to not return, it would kind of suck. I mean, can we at least get through a trilogy for a hero where no major characters, or any, are given a recast. I feel like it disrupts the visual continuity.

25. antsman41

antsman41 Belongs To Prince

Loki rules, once again.