Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 2

He is a good actor? Good actors can cry when it`s needed. Maybe remembered some dead puppy or something=).

That's what I'm saying. Tom seems to have a very happy life aside from the past drama of his parents' divorce. I know that in and of itself is pretty stressful but it just makes me wonder if there's anything we don't know about past or present and just why such an odd question, staged or not, would have been deemed something to ask at a premiere as well as the reaction. It just seems too odd for my taste.

Last edited:
I think you're reading waaaayyyy too much into this. The interviewer made a comment that it might be his last Marvel red carpet ever and he jokingly started "crying" about it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well, I just find that a particulary bizarre thing to come up with, moreso than a silly guy dressed as Uncle Vili interviewing Tom, Chris, et. al in character. ~_^

It's not bizarre. I would have done the same thing.

I expect Tom will stay on as Loki as long as Marvel keeps giving him things to do. He's hella popular with nearly everybody and has really embraced the part just like Hugh Jackman did Wolverine. Hems will probably leave and not look back but I bet Hiddleston will remain.

I hope he does, because I feel like he has defined Loki more as a character than really anyone else has. The same script could have been handed to another actor, and Loki wouldn't have been nearly as interesting or sympathetic (in Thor). He has a great understanding of the character, and is an absolute joy to watch.

I have to throw another Hiddleston video into the mix.

[YT]8a5rdtihk0E[/YT]

His Loki is so amazing, and he seems like such an awesome guy all around. Seeing this one up here, I wish he'd get a role in Jurassic World.

Tom is Loki. It is ridiculous how perfect he is for the role.

I'm curious to hear everyone's opinions on this matter...

What do you guys think Loki's views are of Thor by the conclusion of the film? Do you guys think that Loki still carries ill will towards Thor and will likely come up with a plan to try and kill Thor later on at the opportune time?

Or do you guys think that Loki will actually leave Thor alone since Thor has neither the desire to claim the throne, and that Loki actually doesn't resent Thor as much after hearing what Thor said about him at the final scene?

I'm still surprised that Loki went so much out of his way to protect Jane considering that his only goal was to get revenge...I mean he could have very well died from that bomb before Thor saved him.

I'm also still pretty ticked that they didn't allow Loki to really wield some magic on his own during his fight with the Dark Elves.

I gotta say Hiddleston was born to play this role as Loki he does it with such an exquisite performance of manipulation and delight.

I'm curious to hear everyone's opinions on this matter...

What do you guys think Loki's views are of Thor by the conclusion of the film? Do you guys think that Loki still carries ill will towards Thor and will likely come up with a plan to try and kill Thor later on at the opportune time?

Or do you guys think that Loki will actually leave Thor alone since Thor has neither the desire to claim the throne, and that Loki actually doesn't resent Thor as much after hearing what Thor said about him at the final scene?

I'm still surprised that Loki went so much out of his way to protect Jane considering that his only goal was to get revenge...I mean he could have very well died from that bomb before Thor saved him.

I'm also still pretty ticked that they didn't allow Loki to really wield some magic on his own during his fight with the Dark Elves.

I think that Loki does care about Thor. However I think he also recognizes that his nature will always lead them to oppose each other.

As for Loki saving Jane. I think that was a purely instinctive thing. I don't think he really thought about it, he just reacted. I think it shows that while Loki isn't a particularly nice person, he isn't solely nasty either.

I actually kind of wonder why Kurse opted not to release Loki though...I mean it looked like more was going on in their intense stare down at each other in the dungeons.

I'm also willing to bet that Loki really did die but something happened in the afterlife..or with Hela I should say, that allowed him to not only come back but have the means to imprison Odin.

A girl in my audience screamed "NOOOO!!" when Loki got ran through.

Its kind of amazing how strong the Loki fanbase is. I mean, I get it but…wow.

Now they know how Coulson fans felt. ;)

Loki and Coulson can start their own club, along with Captain America for that matter that's called the "Just can't keep us dead" association.

Good interview with Tom Hiddleston for all who are interested.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...eston-thor-movie-sunday-conversation/3469969/

I especially liked this quote, you have to give it to Hiddleston, he really gets inside Loki's head.

Q. There is one scene in the new film where Loki's imprisoned where he lets down the magical façade of his prison cell. It's a symbolic breakdown following a tragedy where you see the man and not the magic.

A. I'm so proud of that scene. I had lots of ideas about it and they showed me an early draft and asked for my input. I kept saying, "We have to take Loki to rock bottom. We have to break him." And so in that moment, there's a literal and physical manifestation of his mask of control.

Loki presents an illusion of sleek elegance and control to everyone, but actually inside is this bleeding broken heart. That truth is given literal shape. He presents an illusion to Thor and Thor calls him on it, and then suddenly the illusion dissipates and dissolves away and you see the truth of Loki's soul in his body and his face.

To play a character as complex and unpredictable as that is a gift as an actor. It's so juicy because you're playing internal truths and external truths. That's the fun part of acting — it's a version of some kind of psychology in a way. You're studying how people interact, how they hide, how they present, and Loki is a brilliant case study.

Oh, I'm really interested in seeing that scene with Loki in the movie now.

Tom is Loki. It is ridiculous how perfect he is for the role.

So, Robert Downey Jr is Tony Stark/Ironman, Chris Evans is Steve Rogers/Captain America and Tom Hiddleston is Loki. Everyone else is expendable in their roles. Except maybe SLJ as Fury. They sure got some awesome casting in these roles.

Now they know how Coulson fans felt. ;)

Funny. I remember when watching Avengers for the first time. It was after a grueling in theater marathon of all of the MCU movies, and when that scene happened, some guy screamed at the screen (DAMN YOU JOSS WHEDON). It was kind of funny.

Loki and Coulson can start their own club, along with Captain America for that matter that's called the "Just can't keep us dead" association.

And then after The Winter Soldier, you can add
Bucky
to that list.

So, Robert Downey Jr is Tony Stark/Ironman, Chris Evans is Steve Rogers/Captain America and Tom Hiddleston is Loki. Everyone else is expendable in their roles. Except maybe SLJ as Fury. They sure got some awesome casting in these roles.
Switch Evans/Cap with Hemsworth/Thor and we have a deal. He really irreplaceable as their chemistry with Hiddleston is unique so they go in double package as their respected characters. I do not see Evans as Cap yet. My opinion may change after TWS thought for now even Ruffalo is more Banner that he is Cap.

Switch Evans/Cap with Hemsworth/Thor and we have a deal. He really irreplaceable as their chemistry with Hiddleston is unique so they go in double package as their respected characters. I do not see Evans as Cap yet. My opinion may change after TWS thought for now even Ruffalo is more Banner that he is Cap.
I agree. I do like Evans in the role but Hemsworth has imo done clearly more, and with a harder part to play.

I hope at the end of Thor 3 Loki ends up on Jotunheim amongst his own people. Technically, he is the rightful ruler of that planet. Somehow it just feels like a good way to end his character arc, with the possibility of coming back for more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"