Supergirl Tyler Hoechlin IS Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every male hero has a separate top and bottom suit on the CW. I wonder if they'll do the same for Supes.

They better not. Even Supergirl got her proper costume. Supeman should have his "tights". Really getting tired of the jacket/pants look.

Hopefully they'll use the same material as Lara's suit. I really like it. They might even leave the yellow out of the S too. Something that has kinda grown on me with her suit as well. Long story short, I'd like the male counterpart version of her suit fit this Supes.

Hopefully they'll use the same material as Lara's suit. I really like it. They might even leave the yellow out of the S too. Something that has kinda grown on me with her suit as well. Long story short, I'd like the male counterpart version of her suit fit this Supes.

I agree with this - i like how Supergirl's suit is kind of modern but still classic

than what makes him different than Kara? They are the same species with related DNA. She came onto Earth looking like a 13 year old girl and looks like the 24 year old she was intended to be after aging in this universe in 11 years. She ages in real time but he doesnt? That doesnt make sense.

Nothing. Much like Wolverine, they would theoretically age to their peak physical condition, then their aging would slow down. He would still be significantly older than Kara (because of her time in stasis), just not be showing his age very much.

I don't think the Superman suit needs a massive budget. I don't really want it to be overdesigned like the MOS suit. I'd be quite happy with something similar to what Christopher Reeve wore. That's not difficult to make on a TV budget. I don't want a Superman Returns-style suit which has washed out red. And there's something a little off about Dean Cain's suit, although it wasn't bad.

Cain's suit looks like something you could pick up at a costume shop. Shiny spandex. We can't have it look like it's awful bargain bin halloween store stuff.

All that said. I think the kryptonians in the show were wearing bodysuit style outfits. So maybe we will get a 1 piece look.

I don't think it has to be though. Superman in Justice League animated/Superman TAS was shown wearing only the bottom half of his costume before. It was clearly two pieces. As long as it looks good, and doesn't look like a Jacket. I'll be ok with it.

Alex Danvers is supposed to be 26?

I never really realized she was that young because Chyler Leigh is 34 years old and looks her age.

Right?

But, in the flashbacks Alex doesn't seem that much older than Kara.

Every male hero has a separate top and bottom suit on the CW. I wonder if they'll do the same for Supes. This will be the first REAL suit we'll see on tv since Lois and Clark back in the 90s. Without the budget, I'm very eager to see their design.

Superman164.jpg

No tops needed. :sly:

This satisfies my criteria of "not Tom Welling" but I've never actually seen the guy in anything. Hopefully he does a decent job.

I still think they're gonna kill him off anyway.

I think you will be happy with his performance.....

I guess so. I don't agree though

Seriously this version of Jimmy should not have even been called Jimmy Olsen at all. Not a good interpretation of the character IMO. A race change is totally fine, but the execution is so off, he should be far younger and nerdier, that's the whole appeal of the character

I don't recognise Jimmy at all in this show. Winn is Jimmy. Don't even get me started on Jimmy and Kara. I can see the age gap, it looks like he's one of her dad's buddies. This isn't helped by the function they gave him as something of an older brother figure who can give advice. There is no romantic spark at all. But there was no need to have him in the role of love interest at all. If there is anything Supergirl isn't missing its love interests of which Jimmy is not one.

Every male hero has a separate top and bottom suit on the CW. I wonder if they'll do the same for Supes. This will be the first REAL suit we'll see on tv since Lois and Clark back in the 90s. Without the budget, I'm very eager to see their design.

We have already seen a part of the suit, the Red boots.

We have actually seen all of it. Episode 3 "Reactron" it is very similar to Superman's suit in MOS.... no briefs.

I put this together as sort of vision board. I think it shows, at the very least, some serious potential for a very accurate-looking Superman with Hoechlin.

ClIHy0ZVEAA8vKB.jpg:small

Those boots were horrific. But I'm pretty sure those won't be what he wears. That was just some generic pair for a lazy shot of Supes. I'm going to give them more credit then that for this version of the man of steel. I'm sure they understand this will be scrutinized for the next umpteen years. They did a great job with Kara suit so I trust they'll do just as good of a job with his

Those boots were horrific. But I'm pretty sure those won't be what he wears. That was just some generic pair for a lazy shot of Supes. I'm going to give them more credit then that for this version of the man of steel. I'm sure they understand this will be scrutinized for the next umpteen years. They did a great job with Kara suit so I trust they'll do just as good of a job with his

Well his second cameo (when he saved Kara from Reactron) showed that he doesn't wear red trunks either in this version.
supergirl-superman-gif.gif

I do wonder how Superman suit would look on the show. I imagine it being similar to Kara's, but didn't her friend make that suit for her?

I'm expecting the symbol to be in line with Kara's.

I don't think the Superman suit needs a massive budget. I don't really want it to be overdesigned like the MOS suit. I'd be quite happy with something similar to what Christopher Reeve wore. That's not difficult to make on a TV budget. I don't want a Superman Returns-style suit which has washed out red. And there's something a little off about Dean Cain's suit, although it wasn't bad.

The mos suit was great with the minor improvements in bvs making it perfect, they also already made Kara's look similar to the mos/bvs suit with the type of material they use so I say make it look similar but obviously Don't replicate it completely (not that it would even be possible or).

Last edited:
I hope Hoechlin keeps his hair a bit longer rather than the slightly spiky look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"