Ultron

I think most of the casual fans aren't even aware of the Thanos cameo.
Actually, I think most casual fans are aware of the Thanos cameo. Almost all of my friends and family who weren't very familiar with Marvel called or texted me, "Who was that dude at the end?" I imagine most people doing the same thing with their Marvelite friends. And I bet most people enjoyed the movie long enough to sit through the initial credits sequence.

I'm sure Thanos stuff will be peppered into Avengers 2, plus he should play a kind of big role in GotG. He "killed" Drax and is Gamora's "father"

I could see GotG ending with them having to go to Earth to warns us of our impending doom and at the end of A2 we see this come to fruition.

Actually, I think most casual fans are aware of the Thanos cameo. Almost all of my friends and family who weren't very familiar with Marvel called or texted me, "Who was that dude at the end?" I imagine most people doing the same thing with their Marvelite friends. And I bet most people enjoyed the movie long enough to sit through the initial credits sequence.

Sure but then that's it. If I talk to my brother or his kids about the Avengers movie they don't even bring him up and I know they saw the after credit scene. The fanboys are the one's that keep the scene at the forefront of Avengers discussions.

Arrite, cool talk, guys =)

Anyway, what concerns me, despite Whedon's signing as Marvel-man for the next three years, is that Edgar Wright is still attached to the solo Ant-Man film, and there is no indication yet whether Ultron or even Pym is in the movie! I actually hope that if he firmly sticks to the Scott Lang story, it'll come AFTER an Ultron-centric Avengers 2 movie where Whedon does justice to the Pyms and Ultron. Only then would I be okay with a Scott Lang-centric Ant-Man movie.

Wright just seems like the wild card here. I hope that Feige, Whedon, and co. can get him to play team ball.

Damn you guys are good. Its almost as if i never had an opinion to begin with!

I guess we'll chalk this one up to being new and not knowing theses things had already been decided. :p

Hank doesn't need to be Ant-Man for the Ultron arc to go down. Lang can steal that identity, and Pym will still have a closet full of choices :oldrazz:

Damn you guys are good. Its almost as if i never had an opinion to begin with!

I guess we'll chalk this one up to being new and not knowing theses things had already been decided. :p
lol, Yup, were like a school of piranhas around here with peoples opinions.

Haha, get out of here with these "opinions" :argh:

But in all seriousness, if you're gonna include Hank Pym you gotta do it right. He's the tragic hero of the thing, not the squeaky-clean superhero

Hank doesn't need to be Ant-Man for the Ultron arc to go down. Lang can steal that identity, and Pym will still have a closet full of choices :oldrazz:
Haha, true. But it's just kind of weird if Pym is at the center of an Ultron arc and he's not even at the center of an Ant-Man movie.

Arrite, cool talk, guys =)

Anyway, what concerns me, despite Whedon's signing as Marvel-man for the next three years, is that Edgar Wright is still attached to the solo Ant-Man film, and there is no indication yet whether Ultron or even Pym is in the movie! I actually hope that if he firmly sticks to the Scott Lang story, it'll come AFTER an Ultron-centric Avengers 2 movie where Whedon does justice to the Pyms and Ultron. Only then would I be okay with a Scott Lang-centric Ant-Man movie.

Wright just seems like the wild card here. I hope that Feige, Whedon, and co. can get him to play team ball.

Indeed, quite a burden rests on Wright's most capable shoulders.

I'm still dubious of the idea that Thanos will be the villain of Avengers 2. Whedon, who has just been confirmed as director and writer, previously said he'd go for a more "personal, lower key" sequel. Which, given the available villains, sounds a lot more to me like "Masters of Evil" than "Thanos."

Pym could be Yellow Jacket, Giant Man or Goliath if we jump into the story at that point. Then the origin of Pym and the Pym particles could be told by him to Scott Lang in a flashback without having to have the film go chronologically through all of that.

Or he could be a bitter 70 year old widower :)

You seem determined to kill off Wasp.

She's always dying these days :oldrazz:

I like Wasp. She's annoying, overly peppy and relatively useless but I like her.

The only reason I'd be happy to see an antman movie, and i mean THE ONLY reason, is so ultron could be introduced into the movie universe.... Talk about a great storyline for a movie..... ultron, if done right, could be one of the best movie villains ever.... and everyone who knows anything about ultron should know this

I like Wasp. She's annoying, overly peppy and relatively useless but I like her.

which is why I hate her :D

The only reason I'd be happy to see an antman movie, and i mean THE ONLY reason, is so ultron could be introduced into the movie universe.... Talk about a great storyline for a movie..... ultron, if done right, could be one of the best movie villains ever.... and everyone who knows anything about ultron should know this

Yup. I don't remember who it was, but someone here yesterday came up with something pretty cool, a way to keep Thanos relevant to the whole tihng, and it makes sense.

He asked how we think it would be if Ultron was powered by the power gem. And the gem just like, happened to be on Earth. Yes, this never happened in the comics, but he said to look at it like this, the power gem is red, Ultron's mouth and eyes glow red.

So if Hank happened to discover this gem at some point, as a source of literal power, he could use it to power ultron. So not only this a powerful robot, but he is empowered by the power gem.

I for one like this idea, because

1. It keeps Thanos relevant, and keeps him still behind the scenes,
2. It is perfect for his continuity, the after credit scene could be, after Ultron is defeated by the avengers, Thanos comes to earth, and takes the power gem out of Ultron's core.

which is why I hate her :D

Yup. I don't remember who it was, but someone here yesterday came up with something pretty cool, a way to keep Thanos relevant to the whole tihng, and it makes sense.

He asked how we think it would be if Ultron was powered by the power gem. And the gem just like, happened to be on Earth. Yes, this never happened in the comics, but he said to look at it like this, the power gem is red, Ultron's mouth and eyes glow red.

So if Hank happened to discover this gem at some point, as a source of literal power, he could use it to power ultron. So not only this a powerful robot, but he is empowered by the power gem.

I for one like this idea, because

1. It keeps Thanos relevant, and keeps him still behind the scenes,
2. It is perfect for his continuity, the after credit scene could be, after Ultron is defeated by the avengers, Thanos comes to earth, and takes the power gem out of Ultron's core.

That has been the best proposal/storyline idea ive heard for Avengers 2 thus far.... I would be so pumped if this theory became a reality... Kudos on the idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"