Ultron

and give Adam Warlock the soul gem, maybe theres one (space?) in the Dark World? How shall we scatter about the remaining 3 gems throughout phase 2 and 3?

I would think the easiest way to manage it would be: Thanos doesn't know where the gems are. He wanted the cube to find them. He gets the cube, and starts gathering them. One's on Earth, and maybe being used to power Ultron. One's in Adam Warlock's forehead. And you don't need to show him gathering the others necessarily, he just gets the cube and when next he's seen he's gathered three or four or them, and headed to Earth.

I agree to a point, and in that regard Reality and Mind should definitely be among those he already has because I feel they aren't very MCU. But I could definitely see the Time gem in a phase 3 Captain America film, maybe the Red Skull found it wherever he got ported off to back in the 1940's and uses it to seek revenge on a certain super soldier.

I agree to a point, and in that regard Reality and Mind should definitely be among those he already has because I feel they aren't very MCU. But I could definitely see the Time gem in a phase 3 Captain America film, maybe the Red Skull found it wherever he got ported off to back in the 1940's and uses it to seek revenge on a certain super soldier.

The Red Skull acquiring the time gem is a great idea! Could set up for cap 3 and explain a lot!

which is why I hate her :D

Yup. I don't remember who it was, but someone here yesterday came up with something pretty cool, a way to keep Thanos relevant to the whole tihng, and it makes sense.

He asked how we think it would be if Ultron was powered by the power gem. And the gem just like, happened to be on Earth. Yes, this never happened in the comics, but he said to look at it like this, the power gem is red, Ultron's mouth and eyes glow red.

So if Hank happened to discover this gem at some point, as a source of literal power, he could use it to power ultron. So not only this a powerful robot, but he is empowered by the power gem.

I for one like this idea, because

1. It keeps Thanos relevant, and keeps him still behind the scenes,
2. It is perfect for his continuity, the after credit scene could be, after Ultron is defeated by the avengers, Thanos comes to earth, and takes the power gem out of Ultron's core.

I'm not a fan of this "let's collect the Infinity Gems" story concept that's emerging here in the forums. On paper, it might sound all cool and nifty, but as I said before, you're going to spend decades just getting to the point where Thanos finally puts on the damn glove that everybody KNOWS he's going to put on and everybody WANTS him to put on. Soul Gem in Avengers 1 (2012); Power Gem in Avengers 2 (2015)....presumably Avengers 3, 4, 5, 6 in 2018-2027, each with its own neato color-coded Gem. So you finally get a goddamn IG in, say, 20freakin30, with Avengers 7.....??? :doh:

Guys, you're gonna have to get over it: the Gauntlet already exists in the MCU. The Gems have already been gathered. The Gauntlet has been made. And worn. And....acquired. And *will* be re-acquired, by Thanos.

I'm not a fan of this "let's collect the Infinity Gems" story concept that's emerging here in the forums. On paper, it might sound all cool and nifty, but as I said before, you're going to spend decades just getting to the point where Thanos finally puts on the damn glove that everybody KNOWS he's going to put on and everybody WANTS him to put on. Soul Gem in Avengers 1 (2012); Power Gem in Avengers 2 (2015)....presumably Avengers 3, 4, 5, 6 in 2018-2027, each with its own neato color-coded Gem. So you finally get a goddamn IG in, say, 20freakin30, with Avengers 7.....??? :doh:

Guys, you're gonna have to get over it: the Gauntlet already exists in the MCU. The Gems have already been gathered. The Gauntlet has been made. And worn. And....acquired. And *will* be re-acquired, by Thanos.

Yes, it already exists. Yes, its all been gathered, only based on how we've seen its cameo. No one, NO ONE is denying that Sam. I don't know where you are getting this from. Its like you are making up what you want to hear from us, to try to prove your point... Avengers 7? ( I am willing to bet there won't even be one)

what? I am saying, along with mostly everyone else, Avengers 3, by 2017, or maybe 2018. 6 Years after his appearance. Secondly, someone else said it, if they decide to have the gems scattered. We don't need to track him for every single one, and have it only be gathered exclusively in avengers movies... :doh:

and that's just an IF, IF they decide to somehow scatter the gems.

is it possible that the gems are not gathered? Sure, though probably not true, but is still possible. It simply could have been as easter egg, foreshadowing Thanos. This is most likely not the case, but until it gets confirmed by marvel, its a possibility. Period. Just because you say it isn't, doesn't mean it isn't. As illogical as it may seem, its still a possibility until it is said otherwise. You can't be shooting down other ideas when we really don't know anything of it dude :whatever:

ALSO

with you being a Thanos fan, I assume. Do you think they will somehow work mistress death into it? I find it hard, but I would really like to see that. Maybe as some sort of, personal hallucination that he has?

I think it would be tough.

Last edited:
Yes, it already exists. Yes, its all been gathered, only based on how we've seen its cameo. No one, NO ONE is denying that Sam. I don't know where you are getting this from. Its like you are making up what you want to hear from us, to try to prove your point... Avengers 7? ( I am willing to bet there won't even be one)

what? I am saying, along with mostly everyone else, Avengers 3, by 2017, or maybe 2018. 6 Years after his appearance. Secondly, someone else said it, if they decide to have the gems scattered. We don't need to track him for every single one, and have it only be gathered exclusively in avengers movies... :doh:

and that's just an IF, IF they decide to somehow scatter the gems.

is it possible that the gems are not gathered? Sure, though probably not true, but is still possible. It simply could have been as easter egg, foreshadowing Thanos. This is most likely not the case, but until it gets confirmed by marvel, its a possibility. Period. Just because you say it isn't, doesn't mean it isn't. As illogical as it may seem, its still a possibility until it is said otherwise. You can't be shooting down other ideas when we really don't know anything of it dude :whatever:

ALSO

with you being a Thanos fan, I assume. Do you think they will somehow work mistress death into it? I find it hard, but I would really like to see that. Maybe as some sort of, personal hallucination that he has?

I think it would be tough.

I like the idea of Mistress Death being a hallucination that only Thanos sees. Makes him even crazier. It would *definitely* be hard to get general audiences to buy into an actual personification of a Grim Reaper, especially if that Reaper is a chick with a hot bod but a skull face.

Straw man.

Next :)

Straw man.

Next :)

Well, how else would *you* read it? They say, "Oh, that's the Soul Gem in Loki's staff in TA," and now they want the Power Gem for Ultron in Avengers 2. Sounds like they're asking for a One Gem-per-Avengers Movie plot to eventually pull together the Gauntlet. I'm asking how long you think that would take.

Me, I say forget all the foreplay. The Gauntlet is already here. Use it.

It's set-up. You don't need to show all 6 but showing 1 or 2 and how dangerous they can be all on their lonesome makes the actual gauntlet with all six seem a hell of a lot more terrifying. As opposed to being "just another space doohickey"

PS: The foreplay makes the final event feel a lot more climactic. Without it, the whole thing can seem like a letdown to one (or both) parties :)

Well, how else would *you* read it? They say, "Oh, that's the Soul Gem in Loki's staff in TA," and now they want the Power Gem for Ultron in Avengers 2. Sounds like they're asking for a One Gem-per-Avengers Movie plot to eventually pull together the Gauntlet. I'm asking how long you think that would take.

Me, I say forget all the foreplay. The Gauntlet is already here. Use it.

well, as his glowstick of destiny was blue and it controlled people's minds it might make sense if it were the Mind gem. But hey, I'm just shootin in the breeze here.

It's set-up. You don't need to show all 6 but showing 1 or 2 and how dangerous they can be all on their lonesome makes the actual gauntlet with all six seem a hell of a lot more terrifying. As opposed to being "just another space doohickey"

PS: The foreplay makes the final event feel a lot more climactic. Without it, the whole thing can seem like a letdown to one (or both) parties :)

and i agree with this.

iy1t8h.jpg

well, as his glowstick of destiny was blue and it controlled people's minds it might make sense if it were the Mind gem. But hey, I'm just shootin in the breeze here.

Totally agree..... The first couple times I saw the movie, I thought Loki had the Mind Gem.... I dont see how that can be interpreted as the soul gem considering the soul gem is green and the mind gem is blue

Totally agree..... The first couple times I saw the movie, I thought Loki had the Mind Gem.... I dont see how that can be interpreted as the soul gem considering the soul gem is green and the mind gem is blue

Yeah, Mind Gem is what I meant.
But again, I'm not a fan at all of having the Gems separated. The Gauntlet has already been teased deliberately in a movie, in a book, in a Kevin Feige interview, and at frickin' Comic-Con. If Marvel now says "hey, we were lying about all that," it's a cop-out and a tease. Marvel needs to stick to their convictions.

Yeah, Mind Gem is what I meant.
But again, I'm not a fan at all of having the Gems separated. The Gauntlet has already been teased deliberately in a movie, in a book, in a Kevin Feige interview, and at frickin' Comic-Con. If Marvel now says "hey, we were lying about all that," it's a cop-out and a tease. Marvel needs to stick to their convictions.

Well it might be farfetched but the inifinity gauntlet on display in thor couldve been just that. A display, a fake, a decoy, if i might say so it LOOKed a little fake. If the gauntlet really is there we will see yet another raid on odins vault? Gee, youd think hed store this stuff in a more secure place.

It was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it bit of fan-service, they aren't going to structure their movie(s) around it.

They referenced Whiplash in the first Iron Man movie, and still went ahead and used him as the baddie in the second

How did they reference Whiplash in IM? I must've blinked :p

Well it might be farfetched but the inifinity gauntlet on display in thor couldve been just that. A display, a fake, a decoy, if i might say so it LOOKed a little fake. If the gauntlet really is there we will see yet another raid on odins vault? Gee, youd think hed store this stuff in a more secure place.

As I've pointed out many times before:

a) The Casket was certainly not a fake. So there's no reason to believe the rest of the displays are forgeries.

b) The "security" for the Treasury *used* to be the Destroyer Armor, which pretty much guaranteed instant death for anybody/thing that tried to raid it. The only way the Frost Giants were able to infiltrate was because an insider --- i.e., Loki --- "turned off" the Destroyer armor. Odin wasn't expecting to be betrayed by his own son.

Some people try to claim the IG in Thor was a fake because it's traditionally a lefty glove in the comics. (Occasionally.) Only thing is, the IG in the Thor movie, in the Feige interview, in the Thor art book, and on display at SDCC 2011 was/were righty. And guess which bare hand of Thanos was shown in the mid-cred scene in Avengers.....? Yup.....right hand.

It was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it bit of fan-service, they aren't going to structure their movie(s) around it.

They referenced Whiplash in the first Iron Man movie, and still went ahead and used him as the baddie in the second

How did they reference Whiplash in IM? I must've blinked :p

The callsigns for the F-22 Raptors in IM1 was "Whiplash."
That's why I'm not sure why Chewy said that....if anything, the fact that they "referenced" Whiplash in IM1 and then *used* him in IM2 actually supports my contention that a reference to the IG in Thor means it can show up again in, say, Thor 2.

The callsigns for the F-22 Raptors in IM1 was "Whiplash."
That's why I'm not sure why Chewy said that....if anything, the fact that they "referenced" Whiplash in IM1 and then *used* him in IM2 actually supports my contention that a reference to the IG in Thor means it can show up again in, say, Thor 2.
He was *used* in an entirely different context, with no mention of the small bit of fanservice that went unnoticed by 99.5% of the audience

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"