Uncharted Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

In terms of gameplay, Uncharted 4 was a big disappointment for me. Naughty Dog forgot Uncharted is supposed to be an action game. Uncharted's meat and potatoes used to be gunfighting with climbing and puzzles there to break up the action. UC4 takes the opposite approach and focuses on climbing and puzzles above all else. I suspect the amount of gun fights was drastically toned down from prior entries to address the idiotic meme of past games that "Nate is a mass-murder". I think a sensible person would be able to recognize that Uncharted is a pulpy action series where death doesn't hold the same weight as it does in real life. Druckmann and Straley apparently disagree. To add insult to injury, UC4 includes an "encounter select". The sum total of playtime between all of these is probably an hour.

I loved Uncharted 4, but this is my biggest (only, really) complaint with the game. While I think that the "encounters" are, for the most part, well designed, they're all quite short and spread too far apart. While previous games relied a little too much on battles to the point where they became annoying, I think Uncharted 4 went a little too far in the other direction. At the very least, I think we could have/should have gotten one more big set piece.

I also would have loved for the battle in the market (prior to the car chase) to have been longer. It was a great set design and was really impactful seeing people running away and all the destruction in such a confined place; I think making it more of it's own set piece instead of just a beginning section could have been cool.

Massive update yesterday

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/21/uncharted-4-multiplayer-bounty-hunters-dlc-out-today/

Since launching our Lost Treasures multiplayer DLC update in June, we’ve been hard at work fine-tuning the multiplayer experience, launching the New Devon bonus map, and developing our next DLC release — the Uncharted 4 Multiplayer: Bounty Hunters DLC, available today via a new update to Uncharted 4.

With a returning fan-favorite map, new tools to capture and create your own original gameplay videos, an all-new objective game mode, new weapons, and more, Uncharted 4 Multiplayer: Bounty Hunters DLC is one of the biggest multiplayer DLC updates we’ve ever produced.

Most importantly, just like Lost Treasures and all future multiplayer DLC updates, Bounty Hunters is free for all players. Here’s a closer look at what’s included.

Returning Classic Map: Village from Uncharted 2
That’s right; we’re bringing back Village. Not only is it one of our personal favorites, it’s also one of the most requested maps from the Uncharted 4 Multiplayer community.

Village has been completely rebuilt to take advantage of PS4, including new lighting systems, high-fidelity textures, and more. We’ve also added support for Uncharted 4’s new traversal mechanics — most notably the grappling hook.

New Mode: Bounty Hunter
We’ve heard your feedback asking for new modes for Uncharted 4 Multiplayer, and today, we’re proud to introduce Bounty Hunter — a new game type that encourages teamwork, strategy, and skill.

Two teams compete to reach the score limit by collecting Bounties from KO’d players. When you KO a player, they drop a Bounty worth 10 points, which you or your teammates must retrieve before an enemy can swoop in and deny it. Throughout the match, teams will also alternate between having one random player assigned the role of Captain — a high-value target that the opposing team must hunt down within a time limit.

If the attacking team can successfully KO the enemy’s Captain, they’ll have a chance to collect a huge Bounty worth 60 to 120 points toward their team’s overall score. However, there’s a catch: Captain’s Bounties take time to collect, so players must work together to either protect their teammates as they retrieve the Bounty or fight to deny the attacking team before the clock runs out.

We love playing this mode at the studio and we hope you enjoy it, too. It inspires some incredibly tense moments and close plays.

New Weapons, Mystical, and Boosters
We’ve also introduced a collection of new weapons and boosters, as well as a new Mystical, which can be obtained through DLC Gameplay Chests.
Using Relics earned through Multiplayer matches and Challenges, DLC Gameplay Chests now have the chance of granting access to any of the four new weapons introduced with the Bounty Hunters DLC, as well as those added with Lost Treasures and as part of the base game. Our latest Mystical, Shield of Asgard, temporarily reduces incoming damage. While it can be helpful in objective modes, it comes at the cost of movement speed.

Weapons
  • DC Single Action — Semi-Automatic Revolver
  • RKL-155 — Fully Automatic mid Pistol
  • Lowe-S – Assault Rifle
  • Harrison 1890 – Lever Action Rifle
  • US-AN 12 – Automatic Shotgun (Heavy Weapon)

Boosters
  • Lock ‘n Load — Put ammo from pickups immediately in your clip
  • Undisturbed — Hold a charge melee while rolling and climbing
  • Silent Assassin — Take out the enemy without the other their team knowing
  • Weapons Expert — Aim your weapon while vaulting, falling, jumping

Mystical
Shield of Asgard — Reduces incoming damage for a brief period

New Feature: Cinema Replay
As promised in the Multiplayer Roadmap we shared before launch, the Bounty Hunters DLC adds Cinema Replay — a new suite of tools for capturing epic moments in-game and creating your own original videos.

29799502265_47c578e0e2_z.jpg

Building upon the tools players will recognize from previous Uncharted games, Cinema Replay creates archived versions of matches that allow you to go back and relive every moment from any player’s perspective or through a variety of different cameras. Within Cinema Replay, you can pause, slow down, swap perspectives, or line up the perfect shot to create highlight montages, original videos, or perhaps a dance compilation or two.
Between Cinema Replay and the PS4 ShareFactory app, we can’t wait to see what kind of videos you create.

New Personalization Items
As with our last DLC drop, we’ve again introduced an awesome assortment of vanity items to Uncharted 4 Multiplayer that offer new ways to deck out your favorite hero or villain characters, including:
  • More than 40 new Skins and Pre-Sets
  • A wealth of new Hats, Face Wear items, and Taunts

This time around we have focused on a Wild West and Post-apocalyptic theme. We also introduced a few Pirate themed taunts that are sure to entertain.

Triple Pack Update
Multiplayer Pack 2 for the Triple Pack owners will also be available today. All your new items can be found, ready to use, in the customization and loadout menus.

Multiplayer Pack 2 contains:
  • RKL-155 Pistol
  • Lock and Load Booster
  • Shield of Asgard Mystical
  • Bandit Hat
  • Pistol Spin taunt

So there you have it, a detailed overview of what’s included with Uncharted 4 Multiplayer: Bounty Hunters and version 1.13. We hope you enjoy it and continue to share your feedback with us. For all the latest, be sure to follow Naughty Dog on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

See you online!

so, does UC 4 give a good recap of the story so far, for those who are totally new to the series?

or will you be lost if you haven't played through the prior 3 games?

It doesn't recap anything. It's pretty much a standalone story, but you won't get nearly as much out of it without prior investment in the characters, because this installment especially is all about the characters and the pay-off for the journeys they've been on. I would definitely play the games in order for the best experience.

so, does UC 4 give a good recap of the story so far, for those who are totally new to the series?

or will you be lost if you haven't played through the prior 3 games?

there's nothing to recap. Each Uncharted game is a standalone tale with no info from previous games needed to understand them. Have you never played any of them? If not the Remastered Collection would be a good place to start

It doesn't recap anything. It's pretty much a standalone story, but you won't get nearly as much out of it without prior investment in the characters, because this installment especially is all about the characters and the pay-off for the journeys they've been on. I would definitely play the games in order for the best experience.

there's nothing to recap. Each Uncharted game is a standalone tale with no info from previous games needed to understand them. Have you never played any of them? If not the Remastered Collection would be a good place to start

Thanks.

Nope. I haven't played any of the UC games.

So, I'll start with the Collection first - maybe if it's super cheap come this BF.

Thanks.

Nope. I haven't played any of the UC games.

So, I'll start with the Collection first - maybe if it's super cheap come this BF.
I've seen it on sale several times for $20-30, unless you're waiting for the digital version to drop.

I've seen it on sale several times for $20-30, unless you're waiting for the digital version to drop.

thanks.

I want the physical version. I've seen it on sale a few times, too. but I wasn't interested then. :o

This ^ really should play the Remastered collection first. Then U4. It's a great pay off.

been thinking about this game lately. i spotify the soundtrack sometimes coz I find some of the tracks memorable...this was a really good game. albeit flawed, but still a masterpiece.

Co Op is finally coming!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/21/uncharted-4-survival-revealed-play-it-at-ps-experience/

Uncharted 4: Survival Revealed, Play it at PS Experience

Since announcing it as part of our Uncharted 4 Multiplayer road map back in May, one of the most common questions we get is: what’s in store for co-op? Well, today I’m excited to give you a first look at Uncharted 4: Survival, our new cooperative and solo mode that will make its public hands-on debut at PlayStation Experience next week and launch in mid-December.

Survival is a wave-based mode where you and up to two additional friends can take on swarms of increasingly powerful enemies and unique objectives. If you played Co-Op Arena from Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3, you’re going to feel right at home in Survival. We’ve built upon and evolved the core gameplay experience with an entirely new level of depth, challenge, and variety. From new enemy types and powerful new bosses to a dedicated progression system and expansive upgradable arsenal, Survival is all about strategy, camaraderie, and skill.

Across 50 waves and 10 maps, you’ll face off against Shoreline mercenaries, heavily armored Brutes, Snipers, Hunters, and more that will only get more precise, more aggressive, and better equipped as time goes on. Every 10 waves culminates in an intense boss battle, including our all-new Pirate Warlords. Inspired by the story of Uncharted 4, some of the Founders of Libertalia have arrived to hunt you down with powerful Mystical attacks. Don’t miss Henry Avery himself as the Djinn-wielding Warlord boss in the video above.

But Survival requires more than just dispatching enemies. To reach wave 50, you’ll need to work your way through objective modes where victory depends on defending a particular area, collecting treasures within a time limit, or taking out marked enemies. We might even throw a curveball at you from time to time, like when an active modifier makes it so only pistols, headshots, or melee attacks do damage to enemies. As you take out enemies and complete objectives, you’ll earn in-game cash, which can be used to unlock and equip weapons and gear via arsenal crates around the map. You can buy everything from Heavy Weapons, long guns, Mysticals, and more.

Survival also features its own dedicated progression system, Relic Challenges, and loadouts. As you rank up, you’ll earn upgrades for your weapons, as well as new items, such as Survival-exclusive boosters. There are also vanity items that can only earned by playing Survival, but can be used to deck out your character in both Survival and Multiplayer. Best of all, the challenge grows with you. Enemies will adapt to your increased firepower and there are multiple difficulties to choose from. Those that finish Survival on Hard Mode will unlock Crushing Mode, which as the name suggests, is the ultimate test of your will and determination.

But this is just a small taste of what to expect when Survival launches next month. To see more, be sure to check out IGN’s exclusive coverage and extended gameplay videos. And if you’re attending PlayStation Experience next week, come see us at the Uncharted 4: Survival booth to try out the mode for yourself.

Well, that should ramp up the playable hours now for people just letting the game collect dust since they beat it.

They can keep that multiplayer crap. Just give me a brutal difficulty mode!

Well, that should ramp up the playable hours now for people just letting the game collect dust since they beat it.

Mine isn't collecting any dust. Playing through again for trophies and can't wait for the single player DLC. The MP is actually fun too.

Chloe is back!

hmdQDO8.png

CyxUr8oVQAADCH3.jpg

Last edited:
So is this U4 DLC or a full blown spin off game? I'm confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"