Civil War Users Rate & Review Civil War (TAG Spoilers!)

I'm glad we opened a poll to rate the movie that ended before it even opens in the U.S.

lol

Because of the title? lol

If you sit down and evaluate the movie for what It really was selling then it failed. Civil War? This was not Civil War in no way or form. It's more of a friendly misunderstanding. Captain America is a *****bag if you ask me. At the end of the movie when the big revelation came out that's where Captain America became the actual villain of the film.

Can we open up a new poll for the American audiences, or open this one back up?

PHP:
Only the obvious DCeethe Fanboys... Lol

Yea the DC fanboys are such party poopers. :o This movie sugarcoat all its points across with no real consequences. The hero is actually the villain and villain the hero. Everything is a comedic punch line. They didn't take the source material seriously. Where is the Civil War? Please answer that question

It gets better, smsvmos. It gets better. Hang in there, tiger.

PHP:

Yea the DC fanboys are such party poopers. :o This movie sugarcoat all its points across with no real consequences. The hero is actually the villain and villain the hero. Everything is a comedic punch line. They didn't take the source material seriously. Where is the Civil War? Please answer that question

And what about that movie Mission Impossible?? It wasn't really impossible because they completed the mission! And Jurassic World? It was still on the island. Where did they have other dinosaurs in other parts of the world???

And what about that movie Mission Impossible?? It wasn't really impossible because they completed the mission! And Jurassic World? It was still on the island. Where did they have other dinosaurs in other parts of the world???

The name of the park is Jurassic World.

I truly hate that some people shout "AGENDA, AGENDA!" any time someone doesn't agree with their opinion.

I'm not the huge fan of TDK most here are, am I instantly a Marvel shill?

I wish that attitude would bugger off.

If the movie was called Captain Zemo: Screw You All, then I can give this movie a 8/10 but since it's called Captain America:Civil War, I give it a 2.5/10. The real hero in this movie is Zemo and Steve is the villain.

I bet you gave BvS a 10/10... Another fanboy bathing in Windex. We see right through you. :hmr:

Enjoyed the movie but felt it was slightly inferior to the previous CA outing mainly due to the action scenes earlier on in the movie. RDJ was excellent in this movie, one of his best showings as IM. Highlights were definitely spiderman and the black panther. Motivations of the characters were fairly well defined and i liked the simplicity/humanity/planning of the villain. Thought the small amount of romance for CA was not completely organic but that is nitpicking. overall 8.5/10. worth the value and keeps the marvel momentum on track

If you sit down and evaluate the movie for what It really was selling then it failed. Civil War? This was not Civil War in no way or form. It's more of a friendly misunderstanding. Captain America is a *****bag if you ask me. At the end of the movie when the big revelation came out that's where Captain America became the actual villain of the film.

I know, right!? Like how Justice never really dawned.

And no, Cap isn't the villian. You understand (well, obviously NOT you) that he was in a tough spot and kept the info to himself because he thought Tony would try to kill Bucky...you know...like what happened. He's protecting his friend, a man who was forced into the killings of all these people by no fault of his own. He's still dangerous but on the road to recovery and Steve isn't going to let his best friend be locked up for HYDRAs motivation...nor killed by another friend in an act of revenge.
Tony took it too far, but understandably so...he just learnt, and saw, the true death of his parentsby the man his friend has fought so hard to save...and standing 3 ft away. And despite Steve doing it to prevent this actual situation, as well as not wanting to drag up Howard and Marias death to him, he still saw it as a betrayal and Cap as a traitor. So if he's now going to stand in the way of you killing the man who took your parents away from you, you sure as hell are going to beat him down too.

So no, Cap isn't the villian. He is the hero, as he's always been. When it comes down to that last heated fight, Bucky is running and only fighting so he isn't killed, while Tony is out for murderous revenge. Cap is the one in the middle, trying to prevent his two friends from fighting and getting killed (and hell, trying to save Tony from heading down that dark path). And eventually, the only way to do that is to shut down Tonys armor. If he WAS the villian, he'd have decapitated Tony there and then with his shield.

But you know...
Martha

PHP:

Where was the 'v'? It was barely 10 minutes, I didn't see any dawn either, it was all darkness, neither was there any justice

See what you are doing

And no, Cap isn't the villian. You understand (well, obviously NOT you) that he was in a tough spot and kept the info to himself because he thought Tony would try to kill Bucky...you know...like what happened. He's protecting his friend, a man who was forced into the killings of all these people by no fault of his own. He's still dangerous but on the road to recovery and Steve isn't going to let his best friend be locked up for HYDRAs motivation...nor killed by another friend in an act of revenge.
Tony took it too far, but understandably so...he just learnt, and saw, the true death of his parentsby the man his friend has fought so hard to save...and standing 3 ft away. And despite Steve doing it to prevent this actual situation, as well as not wanting to drag up Howard and Marias death to him, he still saw it as a betrayal and Cap as a traitor. So if he's now going to stand in the way of you killing the man who took your parents away from you, you sure as hell are going to beat him down too.

So no, Cap isn't the villian. He is the hero, as he's always been. When it comes down to that last heated fight, Bucky is running and only fighting so he isn't killed, while Tony is out for murderous revenge. Cap is the one in the middle, trying to prevent his two friends from fighting and getting killed (and hell, trying to save Tony from heading down that dark path). And eventually, the only way to do that is to shut down Tonys armor. If he WAS the villian, he'd have decapitated Tony there and then with his shield.

But you know...
Martha

Come on, let's give man a standing ovation. That's how you read the film, here and there

Where was the 'v'? It was barely 10 minutes, I didn't see any dawn either, it was all darkness, neither was there any justice

See what you are doing

Agree, Civil War felt more like a "v" film without carrying a "v" in its title. The battle of ideologies was shown clearly and in a better way.

Yea they should open the poll so I can put up my 2.5/10

PHP:

But you know...
Martha

latest

I saw it on Friday and still haven't written a review, there is just so much in the film, and since everything is still spoiler tagged I want to be careful and keep it vague.

The story is a moral question with no easy answer woven into an intriguing oldschool espionage plot. The thing the movie does so well is it gives plenty of quiet moments to soak in the viewpoints of a number of the Avengers, not just Cap and Tony, with several engrossing conversations between a number of different parings that are extremity well written and acted.

Tying into this is Bucky, slap bang in the middle of a fugitive manhunt that stretches Cap's loyalties even further. This produces some of the films most exciting and emotional scenes as the two old war buddies team up once more to try and prove Bucky's innocence....if he is indeed innocent.

The Russos not only had the massive task of balancing all of this into a concise film, they were also responsible for introducing 2 enormous additions to the MCU in the Black Panther and Marvel's franchise player Spider-Man, and they knocked both out of the park!

Black Panther is everything he should be, huge presence, enigmatic charisma and strength, but a human empathy to him. He is pro registration but [BLACKOUT]cares more about hunting down Bucky who he believes has killed his father.[/BLACKOUT] In action he is majestic, the fighting style if spot on for his moniker and his suit is the best of any character in the MCU to date.

Spidey is is the SSM Spidey in live action and is pretty much perfect. The scene where[BLACKOUT] Tony goes recruits Peter is one of the best in the movie.[/BLACKOUT] He steals the show in the stunning airport battle with the most creative and dynamic action we have seen Spidey involved in, in live action, and his running commentary and banter during the sequence is classic.

The action is the best in any CBM to date, I sat with a goofy full nerd grin on during the amazing airport battle. The stairwell fight, foot/bike/SUV/chopper chase sequence is a perfectly executed adrenaline rush of action linked together seamlessly into one amazing sequence as everyone converges on Bucky. These are the two stand-outs but the opening and closing action sequences are superb as well.

Zemo [BLACKOUT]is not the Zemo we know in this movie although I think he will become so in a future film,[/BLACKOUT] however he is an intriguing villain and his machinations are interesting and add a layer to the overall story.

The central conflict between Tony and Cap is thoughtfully approached with RDJ and Evans giving their best performances in the roles to date. By the end of the film I found myself being able to see both sides of the argument. There wasn't a clear right or wrong, so many variables making either ideal flawed and the film leaves it up to you to decide where you stand on it.

Civil War has everything, a moral conflict, an intriguing story, amazing action, drama, humour and heart. For me it is the best CBM to date, an incredible achievement.

10/10

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"