Vaughn on Thor Casting!

I think I figured out who his unknown is:

The Big guy, Adam Fogerty.

2248025.jpg

He's at least 6'4" (probably more like 6'6" judging by his height advantage over Vinnie Jones), a former boxer, and rugby star, who was in Snatch and Stardust.

he's a little old (39), but considering we're having a 42 year old Iron Man, and a 39 year old Hulk, a 39 year old Thor would make perfect sense.

And yes, I'm aware he's bald. Wigs are wonderful things.

I don't think so. Kevin McKidd said that Vaughan and his production team were looking for a younger Thor. And several critics who have read the script said that it's like... you know... "Thor Begins".

I think I figured out who his unknown is:

The Big guy, Adam Fogerty.

2248025.jpg

He's at least 6'4" (probably more like 6'6" judging by his height advantage over Vinnie Jones), a former boxer, and rugby star, who was in Snatch and Stardust.

he's a little old (39), but considering we're having a 42 year old Iron Man, and a 39 year old Hulk, a 39 year old Thor would make perfect sense.

And yes, I'm aware he's bald. Wigs are wonderful things.
Strangely enough this pic reminds me ALOT of the guys the Warriors Three were found in issue 4.

Why not Tyler Mane?( Sabretooth in x-men) the guy is 6ft8!!!!

tylerMichaelMyers.jpg

In any event, I'd say Adam Fogerty has a 90% chance of being in Thor in some way...

Maybe as the Executioner?

Well lets hope Adam Fogerty knows how to act cause he doesn't look like Thor. He is just big!

Yeah Fogerty could be Volstagg easliy.

Yeah Fogerty could be Volstagg easliy.

Fogerty could play A LOT of Asgardians.

I personally don't want him as Thor, but would love to see him in any number of rolls, including Volstagg or Skurge.

Well lets hope Adam Fogerty knows how to act cause he doesn't look like Thor. He is just big!

He was pretty good in Snatch from what I can remember. Definitely several cuts above Triple H.

ok i just watched the Last Legion and Kevin Mckidd was in it and played the 2nd in command Gothic Barbarian so he was the "beast" bad guy in the movie. after having seen him in Rome and this movie i have to agree with Vaughn in that he is the best choice. especially after seeing him play a big long haired barbarian now too, couple that with the voice he uses in Rome(which is exactly how i imagine Thor to speak) and hes perfect. (plus a good workout routine).
3c439dc.jpg

incase the pic doesnt work http://www.filmtotaal.nl/images/newscontent/3c439dc.jpg

ok i just watched the Last Legion and Kevin Mckidd was in it and played the 2nd in command Gothic Barbarian so he was the "beast" bad guy in the movie. after having seen him in Rome and this movie i have to agree with Vaughn in that he is the best choice. especially after seeing him play a big long haired barbarian now too, couple that with the voice he uses in Rome(which is exactly how i imagine Thor to speak) and hes perfect. (plus a good workout routine).
3c439dc.jpg

incase the pic doesnt work http://www.filmtotaal.nl/images/newscontent/3c439dc.jpg

I can see him as Thor definately. Is he in the running for Thor? or another character?

Vaughn said that McKidd would NOT be Thor, but Vaughn hasn't said McKidd won't be in Thor either.

Right Vartha. It was said he is up for the main supporting role, so either Loki or Balder.

Bummer, he'd be a decent Thor.

Anyone else think Mads Mikkelsen would make a good Thor? Put 30 pounds on the guy I think he'd make a good Thor.

No winged or horned helmet though. Ultimate Thor look is just fine.

No way. Thor has to have the helmet regardless. Never was all too hung up on the Ultimates look really. I've grown up on the 616 version and he's always looked cool with the helmet IMHO. It's just like Captain America without the wings.

haha, you knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Ever since I saw Stardust I thought that Mark Strong (Septiums) would be the perfect guy for Loki...then when I heard Vaughn was doing Thor I became giddy at the hoped that this might come truel

24_1280.jpg

He'd be alright. :word:

No winged or horned helmet though. Ultimate Thor look is just fine.
I disagree, Thor without the helmet isn't Thor, BUT, the Younger Thor really didn't wear the Helm that's one thing I'm not sure of on in Thor History at Marvel is WHEN Thor started to wear the helm.
Since we KNOW Thor in the movie is still young it would seem to me with what I know of the script and some of the trials he would probably begin to wear the helm during this time.

Ever since I saw Stardust I thought that Mark Strong (Septiums) would be the perfect guy for Loki...then when I heard Vaughn was doing Thor I became giddy at the hoped that this might come truel

I can see him as Loki too Roughneck.

Mark Strong would make a great Loki. :up:

Jason Flemyng who also was in Stardust would be cool too.
vmsy400sx600et0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"