Vaughn on Thor Casting!

No way. Thor has to have the helmet regardless. Never was all too hung up on the Ultimates look really. I've grown up on the 616 version and he's always looked cool with the helmet IMHO.

Of course! His original helmet just screams "Viking". It's a MUST! The Ultimate version looks like a bouncer at a biker bar, lol...:woot:

Something like this?

norse_hat.jpg

no I think Cap meant the original comic version.

04.gif

Jorn Lande for Thor. :D

Just kidding about the helmet.

This would be a perfect non-ridiculous looking THOR for a movie. Horns on the helmet should bend forward though...

Thor_by_MonsterPappa.jpg

I like wings similar to the one in the New Thor comics. It feels more heroic than horns.

you're gonna tell me these look ridiculous?
frazetta030.jpg

frank_frazetta_darkkingdom.jpg

Those are paintings. It'll look different, less imposing on-screen. Still prefer horns... or nothing.

Wings rock. Even those kooky dwarfs in Vartha's paintings look badass with wings.

Besides comics Thor has wings in the helmet. Old and new.

Wings look ok in a painting but to have wings that big "in motion" in a live action film would looks real bad.

Oh s**t...whew...for a second I thought this was about VINCE Vaughan expressing interest in the role.

Thanks for the heart attack, Advanced...lol

CFE

Wings rock. Even those kooky dwarfs in Vartha's paintings look badass with wings.

Besides comics Thor has wings in the helmet. Old and new.

Well, don't exspect this THOR to get wings. It's NOT an obvious choice. Vaughn already said that it's more inspired by norse mythology than by Marvel and while there's no evidence that he didn't wear a winged helmet the (real) classic depictions never showed THOR with wings.

Well, I just hate those wings. IMO, it just looks "gay" to use a worn, but fitting term.
But if he does wear a helmet with wings in the movie, I hope it's an all metal-helmet and metal-wings. No feathers!

I guess I'm a little hysterical about this character, but I just cherish my "roots", being a danish heathen. :whatever: :oldrazz:

OK this is a better example, of Thor's own hemet, and even if done for the most part in CGI the wings would not move like you would think.
I've actually modeled with Feathers once, and Feathers tend to be a bit stiff when they are this small. I don't see the wings moving around as one thinks they would.
I still don't think this would look ridiculous.
thor04.jpg

OK this is a better example, of Thor's own hemet, and even if done for the most part in CGI the wings would not move like you would think.
I've actually modeled with Feathers once, and Feathers tend to be a bit stiff when they are this small. I don't see the wings moving around as one thinks they would.
I still don't think this would look ridiculous.
thor04.jpg

That bust definitely looks cool, but as you mention I still think big wings like that would look ackward in motion on screen and from less regal angels downright silly. Not to mention that they would be totally in the way in a big battle, which is what I reckon the helmet is for.
Smaller less "sprouting" wings maybe...

Well, don't exspect this THOR to get wings. It's NOT an obvious choice. Vaughn already said that it's more inspired by norse mythology than by Marvel and while there's no evidence that he didn't wear a winged helmet the (real) classic depictions never showed THOR with wings.

Well, I just hate those wings. IMO, it just looks "gay" to use a worn, but fitting term.
But if he does wear a helmet with wings in the movie, I hope it's an all metal-helmet and metal-wings. No feathers!

I guess I'm a little hysterical about this character, but I just cherish my "roots", being a danish heathen. :whatever: :oldrazz:

As seen above Rust the helmet with metal wings would look great, But like I said above, when feathers are smaller, some tend to get pretty stiff, and wouldn't move like a feather duster type feather.

Actually Rust my last name translates into "more chopped" in both Swedish and German, my ancestors were chased out of Sweden during the peasant wars and were the people who took the trees lumberjacks would cut down and make building materials. I do keep in touch with my past. :D

That bust definitely looks cool, but as you mention I still think big wings like that would look ackward in motion on screen and from less regal angels downright silly. Not to mention that they would be totally in the way in a big battle, which is what I reckon the helmet is for.
Smaller less "sprouting" wings maybe...
Personally I LOVE the size of the wings on Thor's new Helmet, they don't hang down as far as that sculpt, and look more managable.
41574_1a-1.jpg

the wings look great in every picture shown. I dont see why it is even an issue. Definitely wings.

Ok, I'll shut up for now then. :oldrazz:

But I'll be back with a sketch where I'll combine both, I crap you not...

You 1/4 swede, Vartha?

heh SOMETHING like that Rust, I'm the 3rd generation in America from Germany, so most of what we know is handed down by mouth.

Ok, but definitely from the "norse" region..?

yes originally we were from the Scandinavian countrys. They were Menenites and chased out of Sweden because of religous belief's of all things. Keep in mind Germany was called something else at that time as well, tho I can't remember what the name was.

Cool. Thanx for sharing... :yay:

Metal wing for the compromise. Horn is more fitting for the bad guys or the the warrior 3s.

As long as the movie has Odin.....and Doom stealing Odin's power :D

they should make a muscled thor for the live action movie and they should have his enemy loki as the villian. how does that sound. let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"