Venom has to be in Spiderman3

Jerry Jin

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok...I know I'm just another person with Venom thread.....but look...

Spiderman's three toughest villains of all times are
1.Green Goblin
2.Doctor Octopus
3.Venom

Since they already used Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus,they should use Venom since it might be the last saga of Peter Parker..(But I bet they will make more spidey movies though...)
:venom:

As much I would like to see Venom in a Spider-man movie, there is no way he can be in SM3.

Venom is not the 3rd toughest villain of all time.

1. The symbiote suit hasn't been introduced.

2. Peter has to bond with suit first and discover that's it's alive and evil.

3. Eddie Brock has been mentioned but hasn't appear on-screen.

4. Eddie has to develop his hatred for Spider-man before he can become Venom because his and the suit's hatred for Spider-man cause them to bond.

5. Because Peter had the suit before Brock also gets all the powers of Spider-man and also learns his secret idenity.

KCJ506 said:
1. The symbiote suit hasn't been introduced.

2. Peter has to bond with suit first and discover that's it's alive and evil.

3. Eddie Brock has been mentioned but hasn't appear on-screen.

4. Eddie has to develop his hatred for Spider-man before he can become Venom because his and the suit's hatred for Spider-man cause them to bond.

5. Because Peter had the suit before Brock also gets all the powers of Spider-man and also learns his secret idenity.

Don't see why that couldn't be covered in the first 90 minutes while at the same time Harry's hatred is resolved/manifested or whatever. That still leaves the last 45 minutes for Venom/Spidey action. Remember, MJ and Peter are together...they beat that horse in the SM2. There is plenty of time to cover the Venom story. I'm not pulling for Venom, but I have a hard time believing he won't be in SM3 because "they haven't introduced the suit." :rolleyes:

I totally agree with Dr. Bromwell....
I don't get why everyone says Venom won't be in SM3 because "they haven't introduced the suit."

If they try to use Venom,they can both introduce him and make him fight Spiderman.

I second that, Yes Amy Pascal has made it clear that she wants all loose ends tied up, but Sam as also said that even Harry may forgive peter for being spider-man. Raimi said that he has to " keep true to the intelligence of the character" as well as keeping true to the comics. So if Goblin 2 doesn't happen in the third, who's left? Sandman? Rhino? SHocker? their all minor villians. You need a villian that everyone wants to see: Venom. Now I'm not sayin that Venom needs to be in the third film, I'm just sayin it's possible.:venom:

Dr. Bromwell said:
Don't see why that couldn't be covered in the first 90 minutes while at the same time Harry's hatred is resolved/manifested or whatever. That still leaves the last 45 minutes for Venom/Spidey action. Remember, MJ and Peter are together...they beat that horse in the SM2. There is plenty of time to cover the Venom story. I'm not pulling for Venom, but I have a hard time believing he won't be in SM3 because "they haven't introduced the suit." :rolleyes:

How long a film do you want, exactly? That would be a HELLUVA lot of stuff to jam into one film. Frankly, you couldn't do Venom justice with 20 minutes of back story, or some crap like that. For the entire idea of Venom to work, you have to have Peter wearing the symbiote for a while and eventually going through the events that make him remove it. Plus, you'd need to explain where it is and where it came from, AND there's the blatantly obvious fact that the films are building towards a pay off in the Harry Osborn story.

I have a hard time imagining Venom in SM3 just because people say "they can just throw him in there".

No, they can't. If he's going to be worthwhile, he deserves at least a whole film devoted to him as the sole villain. Not as some action backup to the main story.

Look SAM RAIMI LIKES MAKING GOOD MOVIES. TRYING TO CRAM IN THE VENOM STORY WITH THE PETER AND MJ STORY (WITH A POSSIBLE WEDDING AT THE END) PLUS THE HARRY STORY UNRESOLVED AND ALL CRAMMED INTO 120 MINUTES THIS WOULD BE VAN HELSING 2 AND NOT SPIDER-MAN 3 AND LOOK BACK TO WHEN I SAID SAM RAIMI LIKES TO MAKE GOOD MOVIES.

My prediction, GG2 is the villain (Harry) but there is a rumor (from Sam Raimi himself no less) about it being someone else.

I HAVE TWO THEROIES ON HOW THE SERIES WILL GO AND POSSIBLY END.

1. GG2 is the villain SM3 and it is Harry VS Peter to the death. Pete and MJ have relationship problems (hinted to at the end of SM2) which nearly destroys them but they stay strong and Harry dies saving both of the them and they get married on a hill. 3 years later we see SM4. This time MJ will be a piece of ass and sevrely hurt the series this way but fans want this and so does stupid teenage boys but the quality will go down here. It will focus more on the villains and be edgier. I predict Lizard to be the SM4 villain of course. With a set up for Venom in SM5. SM5 will be by the numbers and have Venom and while a success it will not be able to do enough to ensure SM6 though I'm sure it will have a cliffhanger to Venom in Carnage in SM5.

2. Sam does Lizard in SM3 and relationshp problems. Instead of saving the city or girl Peter must save Lizard from himself (who will kill himself looking for a cure) and could have Pete battle himself and save himself with problems with MJ and his inability to commit as he saves Conners from himself and could have the classic sccene of ASM #33 in it sorely missing in SM2. This would leave a set-up of Harry toying with the idea all film but finding out MJ knows and feeling betrayed sends him overthe edge for SM4. SM4 would be Sam and co.'s last film having Peter and MJ test their love and her accepting his responsibility and he accepting his to her's. Harry fights Pete to the death after mind games or so he thinks. He ends up saving them and they get married at the end as Harry takes a dirt nap. Now there are two possilbe roads from this road to take.
a) Well they take Amy Pascal up on her offer considering 4 successful films from one cast and crew is enough and to change the boat up this late may be dangerous and end it here. the first superhero series and films to all be good and a success.
or
b) They wait 3 years and have a filler villain for SM5 but the black costume will get people to come back and the offer of Venom will make it a success. SM6 will be a run of the mill film with Venom and an offer for Carange and VEnom in SM7 but that will not be realized as said before in path 1.

Long? Yes. But either way Venom will not appear until SM5 or SM6 if at all.

i'm tired of seeing spidey fighting father figures so venom fits as a rival to peter.

Harry ain't a father figure and Lizard could help create a good character arc for Peter as an opposite.

Raimi would want either while Venom doesn't offer either. Besides VENOM NEEDS A SET-UP duh!

sorry.

What I don't understand, is that a lot of the same people who says that putting Venom in the third movie would "cram it" way to much, wants BOTH the goblin and Lizard in the same movie. Hah!

Oh, and no matter how you people put it, Venom could be done in the third movie (and well) if Raimi wish it. All it would need is imagination, and most of you seems to lack it.

Then again, going by your logic, NO MATTER WHAT, it would be impossible to put Venom in the third movie, and make a great movie.

Imagination is the key people, just open your eyes to the other side sometimes. ;)

Why do you say it's impossible to make a good movie when using Venom?

I can't believe another one of these threads has turned up. How many is this now???

OtepApe said:
I can't believe another one of these threads has turned up. How many is this now???

At least 20. I blame society.

The reason why there are so many Venom thread is that obviously people who don't read comics just think Venom is coolest and think he should be on the mvoei....(which I hope it's not me...-_-;;;)

Jerry Jin said:
The reason why there are so many Venom thread is that obviously people who don't read comics just think Venom is coolest and think he should be on the mvoei....(which I hope it's not me...-_-;;;)

Or maybe because in less than 12 hours you have created 2 needless Venom threads.

Doc Ock said:
Or maybe because in less than 12 hours you have created 2 needless Venom threads.

That seems to be the one to me.

The reason why there are so many Venom thread is that obviously people who don't read comics just think Venom is coolest and think he should be on the mvoei....(which I hope it's not me...-_-;;

Venom may be the coolest or whatever but that doesn't mean we need all these Venom for Spider-man 3 threads. it could be all said in one thread.

Yes you can put Venom in SM3. But a black suit movie pre-dating the Venom movie would be good and would allow depth.

I personally want Lizard in SM3 Raimi's last being SM4 with GG2 and a filler and black suit with new cast and director in SM5 and Venom in SM6 with the option of Venom and Carnage for SM7 to finish it.

But I think it WILL go GG2 in SM3 and black suit with Lizard and new cast and director for SM4 with Venom in SM6 and a conclusion with Venom and Carnage in SM6 with MJ being nothing more than a piece of ass after Raimi leaves ruining the credibility of these films.

But to cram the black suit an extra set-up villain Eddie's story Venom and if SM3 Harry's story (which Lizard offers a logical lead on until SM4 route while Venom does not) and MJ's story (relationship problems and marriage still has to be tackled) in SM3 is overstuffing one movie. Sure use imagination and I'm sure that is exactly what Stephen Sommers said when proposing the idea to Van Helsing "A 19th Century vampire/monster hunter who fights Jekyll/Hyde, Dracula, Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, Midgets from Hell, Vampire Babies, Vampire Hotties Babes, a love interest, the main character becomes a Wolf Man, Igor, a Q-rip-off who swears and has sex as a friar with modern weapons, and a cross between Indiana Jones and James Bond for the hunter" and when the studio execs look at him like "How?" I'm sure he said "C'mon use your imagination."

Just because you CAN do it DOESN'T mean you SHOULD do it. Get my drift?

Jerry Jin said:

I read the comics but unlike you I don't want Venom in it yet.

Ok here's what I can see happening:
They can have a minor villian in the beginning of third film, then have either Lizard or possibly GG2 as the main villian, I would most definately like to see maybe Harry hire the hobgoblin to take out spider-man, fail to do so, and harry steps in and goes after both of em, and the only way that SM can stop the two of em, is because he has the Black costume... maybe lizard helping him? who knows, While this is all going on, Peter notices that the black suit is alive. SM finds a random thug beating on someone in an alley way and suddenly imagines Uncle Ben getting shot and just starts going bezerk on the thug, as he gets more angry, the suit feeds off of it, and he quickly turns into Venom for a second, Then he snaps out of it realizing what the suit is doing to him,(Just like in the Ultimate Spider-man/ Venom story arc) I think that would be a nice back story for the third film, then that would open SP4 for Venom. I posted something like that awhile ago in another thread, figured I'd share it since everyone is discussing Venom. The only problem with that is Amy Pascal doesn't want any loose ends.Lemme know what you think:venom:

You know its hard to read stuff written by people who have no concept of
a) the comics
2) proper storytelling

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back