Superman Returns We don't like how this movie is looking (merged)

I don't think that they have seen SR, but I'm sure that they haven't seen "The Da Vinci Code", worst movie ever, even in Italy:

http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/spettacolo/articoli/articolo310023.shtml

"no final applause, but only lack of interest and indifference"

DEHIHI!
HomerSimpson42.thumb.gif

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
**** what they say..

"Brandon routh is going to be kryptonite"

utter bollocks..

perhaps they have seen the movie already..alot of people already have..why havent i been invited..oh thats right they haven't seen it.

STOP! They have seen SR??

Cinemaman said:
Why? Can you explain me?

If you cant, then SHUT UP!

Don't speak aggressive to me, fool. This is my explanation: " "Brandon Routh is going to be kryptonite". The called him bland etc. This movie is not out yet, nothing can be said about the acting or anything in that matter until one has seen the full movie.

Masut said:
Don't speak aggressive to me, fool. This is my explanation: " "Brandon Routh is going to be kryptonite". The called him bland etc. This movie is not out yet, nothing can be said about the acting or anything in that matter until one has seen the full movie.

And what? There is no connection with my predictions. So I dont think you are right.

My predictions says my opinion, they can be wrong, but not ****.

And you didn't explain me why they are ****, so you are not right.

Cinemaman said:
Ok, can I say what I think?

I think SR need 2 trailers, because people are more exciting about POTC2 than it.

And after so negative reviews, I dont think DVC will get more than $280m. Also, some people didn't want to see, because they are catholic. And Catholic church banned DVC to be released in some places. That is really bad for box office money.
But as people have big interest about it, they will go to see it. So DVC will earn big, but not so big money.

About POTC2, I will agree with you, everyone want to see it.

But SR promoting has started in necessary time. So it is good. People will see 2 trailers and a lot of tv-spots. I don't think SR marketing is good, but also it isn't bad. We all know that there will not be any supervillian, but there is another bigger problem, New Krypton. At nowadays ecological problems are the most dangerous problems for our planet. And I think even haters will go to see it, only because they have interest about how it will be. So if SR get good WOM and positive reviews, it will easly make more than $280m. I also think it will get huge opening weekend.

Actually, I know a lot of people who come from Catholic backgrounds that want to see The DaVinci Code. In fact, I think it will do very well because the Catholic Church is speaking out formally against it. I know quite a few Catholics who have read the book, and have been looking forward to the film. In fact, it was a Catholic priest who actually read the book, and turned me on to it, because knew my interest in conspiracies and mysteries as well as unexplained issues. I think the controversy surrounding the film will actually work to its benefit, and give it longer legs than many of the other films that come out this year. The book is still on the best seller list.

This thread is busting at the seems,I think whoever wins numbers will be lower than those predicted

As for Italy hating DVC=Shock.........not
icon12.gif

dpm07 said:
Actually, I know a lot of people who come from Catholic backgrounds that want to see The DaVinci Code. In fact, I think it will do very well because the Catholic Church is speaking out formally against it. I know quite a few Catholics who have read the book, and have been looking forward to the film. In fact, it was a Catholic priest who actually read the book, and turned me on to it, because knew my interest in conspiracies and mysteries as well as unexplained issues. I think the controversy surrounding the film will actually work to its benefit, and give it longer legs than many of the other films that come out this year. The book is still on the best seller list.

OMG! I said that DVC will get really high numbers, but not $300m.

Because some catholics dont want to see it.

Can you now understand me?

dpm07 said:

controversy= Big Money

The Davinchi code has alot of hype surrounding it, I know I want to see it, but it could go either way. But if the movie is slow and involves alot of introspection, thats going to drive alot of people away. Especially this time of the year.

That and the religious people who dont want to see Jesus displayed as anything short of their ideal of the savior. What worked for The Passion will go the opposite way with this film.

There's no way in hell POTC2 is breaking 800 MM world-wide. Just not gonna happen. It'll likely make 200 MM domestically. The original was a fluke. It doesn't have a "fan base". Unless its just absolutely spectacular (and by all accounts this one isn't) its not doing POTC1-type numbers, much less 800 MM.

Its just their opinions.sure ,I want S.R. to end up #1,but even if it doesnt,their is noooo way this movie will flop,UNLESS the story is so bad,that it kills it,and I seriously doubt that.With what I've seen in the teaser,trailers,and such,I'll probably be seeing it several times.

theogt said:
There's no way in hell POTC2 is breaking 800 MM world-wide. Just not gonna happen. It'll likely make 200 MM domestically. The original was a fluke. It doesn't have a "fan base". Unless its just absolutely spectacular (and by all accounts this one isn't) its not doing POTC1-type numbers, much less 800 MM.

It doesn't need one. Its got something much stronger. Mass appeal. In a way, its built in fanbase is the general public. Pirates of the Carribean is one of those movies that has literally something for everyone.

My 60 year old aunt who never goes to the theater is dying to see POTC2. Ask anyone about POTC2 and they will tell you they can't wait. Its going to be big. Bigger than Superman. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my words...but Daredevil proved...a "built in fanbase" is a very small demographic and can't carry a movie.

IMHO,I think potc2 will be the one to beat,and I dont think dvc will do as much as expected,because the catholic church has got involved now,but S.R.could, COULD get #1.we shall see.

GreenKToo said:
IMHO,I think potc2 will be the one to beat,and I dont think dvc will do as much as expected,because the catholic church has got involved now,but S.R.could, COULD get #1.we shall see.

I actually don't think either will get number 1. Once Cars has the Disney/Pixar marketing team in full gear it will make Nemo-like numbers. Either Cars or Over The Hedge could take number 1.

As for the Catholic Church...controversy attracts people. I'm sure some Catholics will follow the church blindly, but for the most part (myself included) I think they will want to know what the hype is all about.

I've heard more general interest in "Over the Hedge" than "Cars".....but you never know what will really happen once they open.

C. Lee said:
I've heard more general interest in "Over the Hedge" than "Cars".....but you never know what will really happen once they open.

I have too...but Disney has a powerful marketing team...I expect once its in full swing Cars will be a force

I think Da Vinci and POTC2 will be the two films competing for #1 this summer. I think Cars and Over the Hedge will do well too, so we'll see what happens.

SR should finish in the Top 5.............

Current reviews of The Da Vinci Code are rather stinky. Here is an example and link to more:

"Perhaps an interesting side-piece to those already fanatical about the book, but ultimately a lifeless adaptation that reveals the flaws of its source. So Dark, the Con of Dan Brown."

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/da_vinci_code/?show=all

I think POTC will do well, maybe not as well as the first, but close to it.

It doesn't look like SUPERMAN RETURNS will do SPIDER-MAN kind of business at the box office, but possibly on par with BATMAN BEGINS. I hope it does well.

Truthteller said:
It doesn't look like SUPERMAN RETURNS will do SPIDER-MAN kind of business at the box office, but possibly on par with BATMAN BEGINS. I hope it does well.
yeah, that's what i'm thinkin'. i don't think it'll be huge in the box office, but it'll make enough to warrent a sequel. i see the new Superman and the new Batman movies paralleling each other.

wow,just saw a peice on t.v. about dvc.it opened at cannes last night,the critics said it was a big disapointment,and was hard to follow,plus the main parts were boring. oh well,I'm still gonna see it.

Many critics from cannes are saying DVC is surprisingly..... BOREING!

this goes to further my argurment that May will be owned by X3

Pretty much everything I predicited has come ture... MI3 not being huge but OK in terms of numbers Posiedon bombing which Cineman disagreed with me upon if my memory serves me correctly.

So now we are at the Over the Hedge Da Vinchi weekend..

Way I see it the two combine for pretty big numbers with niether really taking over compleatly

Da Vinchi high 50 or low 60 for the 3 day with the Hedge right there a clse second... Or as I have always said it may shock people and take number 1... So far Ice age had the Biggest opeing... the Hedge looks better

And then as I have always said X3 brings the older people that saw Da Vinchi and the younger kids that saw the hedge back togeather on Memorialday spiking X3 numbers over 90 Million for the 3 day and over 100 Million for the 4 day.... why? Because it will be the Big action movie of the summer...or for early Summer at any rate.

PotC and Superman now stand as the Narnia and King Kong of the Summer

Many predicted Kong would eat Narnia alive.... it never hapened why? Not sure universal appeal maybe... which some still say points to PotC but.... wasn't the combination of Kong and Jackson supposed to just take everyone over?

I still predict as I did a ways back that PotC and Superman go back and forth on the nuber 1 spot in the first 3 to 4 weeks.... and this is actualy good for Superman in my predictions and less dominance for PotC

Truthteller said:

What gets me is how people can come up with this. No one has seen it. The marketing is just starting. The reason Davinci has such huge buzz right now is because it's opening Friday. Trust me, the buzz will be huge for SR the week it opens. Davinci's success will be determined by the reviews. This film more so than any other this Summer has to have stellar reviews...if the reviews are so-so it will do so-so. As for POTC...well I really think folks are overestimating it's appeal. It will do well but I doubt it'll do anywhere near as well as the original. Most sequels don't. SR needs great reviews to pull in the 20+ crowd but it will automatically pull in the kids. Get around some kids and ask them about the new Superman movie...you'll get an idea of what to expect.

I will tell you guys this. If you say Superman Returns will do 30,40, or only 50 million dollars on opening weekend then you are kidding yourself, this movie will do 80 + easy, and will be considered an opening weekend success and no doubt number 1. HOWEVER, the main thing that will break or make this movie is its weeks after, how much will it hold up, will it drop 50 or 60 points the following weeks, or will it have legs at the box office. The opening weekend is a success NO DOUBT, however its the weeks after which will make or break this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"