The Avengers What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hulk wasn't getting the upper hand on Thor. Thor was holding back on the Helicarrier, he was just trying to stop Hulk from smashing the place up. And he wasn't even using Mjolnir for 90% of the fight.

Hulk got the last "hit" so automatically people assume that he had the upperhand, they seem to forget that Thor was still conscious when the fight was interrupted.

to be fair to loki, hulk takes him mid sentence and completely by surprise or loki could have put a 'ghost image' of himself and hulk would have gone right through him.

to be fair to loki, hulk takes him mid sentence and completely by surprise or loki could have put a 'ghost image' of himself and hulk would have gone right through him.

To be fair you're right, but most people evidently don't use that much "logic",

This isn't a shot at anyone in particular by the way, just speaking in general.

Hawkeye needed a few more scenes, I think. I loved everything else though!

Here's something new, I believe...

When Thor first appeared in the movie, he entered the Quinjet, took Loki and flew away.

Iron Man then had a short dialogue with Cap. After that he left the Quinjet too.

Captain America takes a parachute while the Black Widow asks him to stay. Since both Loki and Thor are gods, they could be too powerful for Cap. Cap doesn't listen to her and jumps out of the Quinjet.

How long did these two dialogues (Cap-Stark, Cap-Widow) take... about a minute?

In one minute, the Quinjet should've travelled several miles. So when Cap arrives on the ground, he should be miles away from the point where Thor is! It should take him considerable time to arrive at the Thor/Iron Man fight.

That's just incredible nit picking looooool. Stuff like that is not even worth thinking about.

But it does take him some time to arrive at the Thor/IM fight. He presumably lands a few miles away, sees and hears the battle, then runs there.

Or even that they slowed/hovered the jet because the door is open and their fugitive had been 'stolen'?

It could hover, couldn't it?

Plus, Iron Man took Thor with him a short distance when the battle started

In the direction of the quinjet.

Because Captain America landed close to them :oldrazz:

Because Captain America landed close to them :oldrazz:

:woot::woot::woot:

But honestly, since Iron Man was chasing Thor at that point, it makes much more sense that he took Thor in the opposite direction (= coming from the direction where the Quinjet is). That would mean that the distance gets even bigger for Cap.

You guys do know that parachutes don't necessarily fall straight down...Cap could have easily covered a few miles directing his chute

You guys do know that parachutes don't necessarily fall straight down...Cap could have easily covered a few miles directing his chute

And if the wind's coming from the wrong direction, he would be a few miles more away from Thor.

There was no wind.
IM and Thor ended up directly below the quinjet
Which was hovering
There were neon signs pointing Cap to where they were
The signs had speakers, just in case Cap was blind
The end.

An ordinary plane with Mach 0.85 would travel 254 m/s. So in 10 seconds, it would be 2,5 km away.

Now I'd say that an quinjet is a lot faster and the discussion between Cap, Widow and Stark lastet somehwat longer than 10 seconds. So when Cap jumps off the Quinjet, Thor and Loki are probably at least 20-30 miles away...

Plus, Iron Man took Thor with him a short distance when the battle started

It looked like they flew over a mile when IM slammed Thor into that mountain (yeah I know, Thor kicked them back).

Now that I think about it, I can't believe this is an actual conversation....

Guys, this whole thing about how Cap got to Iron Man and Thor....

Deus ex machina.

Also, would this be a debate if it had happened on the pages of a comic, or just in the movie?

Here's a question. During the IM/ Thor fight, how come Loki didn't escape? He just stayed where Thor left him. The only explanation I can think of for that is that he wanted to be captured, but at least he shouldn't have made it so obvious then by just waiting patiently where he was.

I didn't like how Hulk took out the first flying serpent ship with just 1 punch. Hulk didn't have the momentum or weight to be able to stop it in it's tracks like that. It also diminished the overall most dangerous threat in a matter of seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"