Sequels What Villian Should be in the Sequel?

I hope Enchantress is in the next movie. I'll give you two reasons:

01amorafanservice.jpg

There's already plenty of 'boobage' with three female characters in the first film and all. Furthermore reducing the Enchantress to a skanky-looking blonde bimbo would be a terrible idea. I have no doubts that Branagh's Enchantress is going to be a sorcerous femme fatal, albeit one with class and an outfit befitting an Asgardian noblewoman. Don't expect to see the comic book version of that character, it would not work with the far more realistic Asgard he has opted for.

Don't expect to see the comic book version of that character, it would not work with the far more realistic Asgard he has opted for.

Actually, her outfit really wouldn't need that much of a change to fit in Branaghs world, probably even less of a change than the Thor, The Warrior's 3, and Sif's outfits.

Much as I like those two I can't see them as anything more than secondary characters. I picture the Executioner (Skógr) and the Enchantress (Ásvöra) as being more morally ambiguous than outright evil in the movieverse. You must remember that despite his Jotunn blood, Skurge's mother is an Asgardian like the Enchantress. Neither of them wants to see Asgard destroyed so there is a limit to how far they will go. No, the primary threat would have to come from the likes of Ulik, Fafnir, Mangog, Malekith and/or Surtur. Those last three are especially nasty pieces of work...

Of course, that's why in another thread I said that they'll most likely be in league with the likes of Malekith or Loki.

Mods, please close this thread. I don't want to be associated with anything relating to Thorn, and I am this thread's OP.

Okay, well, I'm gonna go ahead and not close the thread because 1) people are still discussing stuff in it, and 2) closing a thread doesn't magically disassociate you from it; it's still on the forum and your name'll still be in the OP spot. But feel free to pretend it doesn't exist. :up:

Why doesn't he want to be associated with anything Thor related?

Oh ok, so why did you make this post in the first place?

Oh ok, so why did you make this post in the first place?
Cause I thought "Eh, he's a comic book charachter,so it's OK" but then I got doubts and asked my rabbi.

Cause I thought "Eh, he's a comic book charachter,so it's OK" but then I got doubts and asked my rabbi.

I consider myself a believer as well, but I didn't find much of an issue with the premise and here's why. In the film Jane Foster says something along the lines that primitive humans mistook advanced beings (Thor's people) for deities. She's strongly implying that they are not divine in any way. Furthermore, there is a grudging respect but never reverence or worship shown towards Asgardians even after the human characters find out about their true nature. It seems to me like Branagh made Asgardians out to be powerful yet highly flawed human-like aliens from a parallel dimension/universe rather than 'gods' in a literal sense.

Of course, there is also that scene where Thor regains his powers and Jane very pointedly says, "Oh. My. God." ;)

I am a Christian, and I have always been taught that you should not fear other religions because a person of strong constitution and commitment will not be easily swayed. I was fascinated with Greek, Norse, and Egyptian mythology since I was a child and my parents never raised an eyebrow over it, because they knew that I was capable of keeping my historical and literary fascination with those things separate from my religious views. It's a lot more likely that someone will subvert God with idols like money, pleasure seeking and hoarding of possessions than it is that they will subvert Him with gods from other religions.

I am a Christian, and I have always been taught that you should not fear other religions because a person of strong constitution and commitment will not be easily swayed. I was fascinated with Greek, Norse, and Egyptian mythology since I was a child and my parents never raised an eyebrow over it, because they knew that I was capable of keeping my historical and literary fascination with those things separate from my religious views. It's a lot more likely that someone will subvert God with idols like money, pleasure seeking and hoarding of possessions than it is that they will subvert Him with gods from other religions.

Exactly :up:

Either way, this thread isn't the place to discuss religion. Everyone's entitled to their beliefs, but we've got other places to talk about that on the Hype. Let's get back to the topic of this thread.

Lookee what we have here:

xlarge_odin2.jpg

Yes my fellow mortals, 'tis none other than the eternal flame! Now methinks a Surtur storyline is definitely planned, likely in the sequel. If it does not deviate too much from Simonson's story, then Malekith etc. might try to pilfer that in addition to the Casket. Seeing as how both items are now in the vault, that would make a lot of sense. On a side note while I have no clue as to what the middle item is, the inscriptions on the stone at the far right spell out 'Those Who Sit In Shadow' in Futhark. Make of that what you will!

Those Who Sit Above in Shadow are the mysterious beings who, up until Mike Oeming's final Ragnarok storyline in 2004, were feeding off of the energies created by the Norse gods' constant death/rebirth cycle of periodic Ragnaroks. Odin knew about them for a while, but because he was solely of Asgard, he was as trapped as everyone else within Those Who Sit Above in Shadow's manipulations. After going on a quest to reclaim the Odinforce and gain new knowledge and wisdom, Thor learned that Odin mated with Gaea (Mother Earth, in her Norse form as Jord) to produce Thor so that he would be uniquely tied to Earth as well as Asgard, in the hopes that that would allow him to finally find a way around Those Who Sit Above in Shadow's manipulations. Thor did, but it ultimately required the destruction of Asgard in one final Ragnarok, leaving all of the gods, including Thor, drifting between life and death in a void.

Well, until he returned, obviously.

Lookee what we have here:

xlarge_odin2.jpg

Yes my fellow mortals, 'tis none other than the eternal flame! Now methinks a Surtur storyline is definitely planned, likely in the sequel. If it does not deviate too much from Simonson's story, then Malekith etc. might try to pilfer that in addition to the Casket. Seeing as how both items are now in the vault, that would make a lot of sense. On a side note while I have no clue as to what the middle item is, the inscriptions on the stone at the far right spell out 'Those Who Sit In Shadow' in Futhark. Make of that what you will!

I'm definatley rooting for Surtur's storyline being an underlying them in Thor 2, which should lead up to him being the main villain in Thor 3.

I wouldn't mind seeing this version of Mangog as a villain in one of the sequels.

thor-god-of-thunder-20110510093056004.jpg

Mangog would be cool, but I would hate to see him portrayed like that. That's the Destroyer with a couple of Mangog-esque touches, not Mangog.

I'd say bring on Surtur as the main threat to Asgard, but meanwhile have Enchantress and Skurge be the thorns in Thor's side for most of the movie.

While I would love to see the more obvious names (Enchantress, Skurge, Surtur, Hela etc) up there on the big screen personally, I have a soft-spot for Kurse [seriously, how can you not like a Dark Elf with class 300 strength?], even though there's not a chance in hell it would happen.

While I would love to see the more obvious names (Enchantress, Skurge, Surtur, Hela etc) up there on the big screen personally, I have a soft-spot for Kurse [seriously, how can you not like a Dark Elf with class 300 strength?], even though there's not a chance in hell it would happen.
That makes two of us Brian.

Imagine Kurse, played by The Rock, freaking out at Thor for a half a movie. But I don't see it happening :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"