Which Comic Book Movie in 2013 are you most looking forward too?

T"Challa;23732309 said:
I just can't get it up for MOS because of Snyder. Dude is just so hit and miss. I don't know what he was thinking with Sucker Punch, and Watchmen, despite a number of Comic book readers swearing by it, just didnt translate to the mainstream audience. He tried to practically lift the novel onto the screen. Just wasn't a good idea. 300 was entertaining but nothing special.

The cast is good though, and Nolans involvement makes me feel better.

I couldn't disagree more about Watchmen. Snyder pulled off something spectacular with that project (a novel said to be unadaptable -- virtually impossible), in my opinion. Granted, he altered a few aspects of the novel for the on-screen transition but I thought he did a remarkable job, all things considering. Now, while the movie didnt break box office records and garner gushing reviews from the critics, Snyder's Watchmen has since amassed a cult following and been considered as one of the most underappreciated CBMs of this era.

Sucker Punch was unfortunate. I won't deny it. The film had potential but the weak screenplay kept it from soaring. However, even with that misstep from Snyder, I trust him as a director. The guy has talent but he needs to work on his shortcomings.

With Man of Steel, I think he received a gift. Not only was he given a franchise that suits his strengths but he got to work with The Nolans. I honestly believe that Snyder will hit it out of the ballpark not only because he's talented but because he has to. The DCU is now riding on how Snyder's Man of Steel is received by the public.

Either this'll be Zeus' return to Mount Olympus, or the final nail in the coffin for Superman's on-screen career.

Man of Steel for me. Superman is my favorite hero in the comics, but I have yet to see a Superman movie I truly like. Despite the fact that I've never cared for a single Zack Snyder film, I have faith in his ability to make a good film if given a good script (which Nolan/Goyer should be able to produce), so I have high hopes that this could be the Superman I have always wanted to see on screen. I had a similar hope for Spidey this year, and I must say that one just paid off nicely.

I agree with you DoomsdayApex, I thought Watchmen was excellent though it depressed the hell out of me. I can't remember being that depressed since Get Carter. Anyway, I also thought 300 was marvelous!

I couldn't disagree more about Watchmen. Snyder pulled off something spectacular with that project (a novel said to be unadaptable -- virtually impossible), in my opinion. Granted, he altered a few aspects of the novel for the on-screen transition but I thought he did a remarkable job, all things considering. Now, while the movie didnt break box office records and garner gushing reviews from the critics, Snyder's Watchmen has since amassed a cult following and been considered as one of the most underappreciated CBMs of this era.
Sucker Punch was unfortunate. I won't deny it. The film had potential but the weak screenplay kept it from soaring. However, even with that misstep from Snyder, I trust him as a director. The guy has talent but he needs to work on his shortcomings.

With Man of Steel, I think he received a gift. Not only was he given a franchise that suits his strengths but he got to work with The Nolans. I honestly believe that Snyder will hit it out of the ballpark not only because he's talented but because he has to. The DCU is now riding on how Snyder's Man of Steel is received by the public.

Either this'll be Zeus' return to Mount Olympus, or the final nail in the coffin for Superman's on-screen career.

:up: Spot on, I dont think we will ever get a better adaptation of the book than Snyder's version, especially the DC which just makes the movie all the more spectacular.

toss up between iron man 3 and man of steel.Can say im not looking forward to the wolverine though :(

1. Thor 2
2. Iron Man 3
3. Man of Steel

Man of Steel. Mainly because of what it means to the future of superhero films. There is a lot on the line in that film. If it fails, that might be it for the DC brand on screen (other than Batman) for a long time.

Plus we just saw Thor and Iron Man this year.

In order:

Thor 2
Iron Man 3
The Wolverine
Man of Steel

Rest I don't really care about

Though I never liked Superman comics (make mine Marvel), I'm a lifelong fan of Donner's Superman film. Having said that, I like Snyder and I'm very anxious to see what he does with Supes. Superman was the first modern comic movie and Christopher Reeve cast a long shadow. It took a few decades, and one inadequate follow-up (sorry Singer) but I think it is finally time to move past and do something completely new. And this may indeed be DC's last chance to break out past Batman. If Supes fails, DC may never recover from the beating Marvel is giving them.

I'm also excited to see Jackman take one final stab at Wolverine, in an adaption of what has always been my favorite Wolverine story. I really hope this one is better than Origins. After First Class, some of my confidence in Fox has been restored, but we shall see.

As for the others, I'll see them, but right now, I'm not all that excited.

Though I never liked Superman comics (make mine Marvel), I'm a lifelong fan of Donner's Superman film. Having said that, I like Snyder and I'm very anxious to see what he does with Supes. Superman was the first modern comic movie and Christopher Reeve cast a long shadow. It took a few decades, and one inadequate follow-up (sorry Singer) but I think it is finally time to move past and do something completely new. And this may indeed be DC's last chance to break out past Batman. If Supes fails, DC may never recover from the beating Marvel is giving them.

I'm also excited to see Jackman take one final stab at Wolverine, in an adaption of what has always been my favorite Wolverine story. I really hope this one is better than Origins. After First Class, some of my confidence in Fox has been restored, but we shall see.

As for the others, I'll see them, but right now, I'm not all that excited.

MARVEL BUDDY!!! Are you British, because all the letters in the British Panini CEs end with that slogan - make mine Marvel! Marvel rules anyway :woot: !

In this order

Iron Man 3
Thor 2
G.I. Joe Retaliation

Iron Man 3 for obvious reasons, Extremis and finally having Mandarin in the big screen. Thor 2, I'm curious to see more of Asgard. G.I. Joe, mainly because of the Rock and Bruce Willis, but the ninja action looks awesome.

The rest? Not all that interested. Superman, while I hope it succeeds, I don't have any interest, for one thing, Zach Snyder's directing this, and then General Zod's the main villain. I guess I'll just have to wait another 3-5 years to see him go up against someone like Brainiac. But at least it looks like Lex Luthor isn't in this.

Man of Steel. Mainly because of what it means to the future of superhero films. There is a lot on the line in that film. If it fails, that might be it for the DC brand on screen (other than Batman) for a long time.

Plus we just saw Thor and Iron Man this year.

This is very true, if Man Of Steel fails, it may be the last DC character movie other than Batman for a LONG time, which would be a huge shame as DC has many great characters to adapt, Supes included. I have been dying for another Superman film since 2006, so I REALLY hope MOS can deliver.

For me, its:

1. Thor 2
2. Iron Man 3
3. Man of Steel

The first two because I am sure they will be good, and MoS. . . well, I highly look forward to it, but not with a positive eye. I still expect that Snyder will turn it into a disaster. We'll see what the first real trailer reveals, though.

I'm not really excited about any of them, to be honest. I loved the first Iron Man but I really didn't like IM2. I did like Thor, Sin City, and Kick-Ass but I'm not sure how they're going to handle the sequels. As for Man of Steel, I'm not too big on Zack Snyder's schtick but I am looking forward to seeing Henry Cavill on a massive screen in a tight suit. :D

Really surprised Kick-Ass 2, and especially Thor 2 and Sin City 2 dont have more votes, Thor and Sin City are 2 of the most beloved CB movies of recent times, and both were pretty successful.

Kick-Ass has more of a cult status but I still thought the sequel would have more votes.

1. Man of Steel
2. Iron Man 3
3. Thor 2
4. Kick-Ass 2

Man of Steel for me, by far.

I think Iron Man 3 could be a slam-dunk, and redeem the franchise after the second film (the fact that Avengers was well-received will help too). Kinda ambivalent on everything else, though.

^I dont know, I think IM3 seems even more cluttered than IM2, which suffered for that fact, I just hope they dont put too much into the movie and give us a bit of a mess like the last one.

A little hard to pick between Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel, but I'll pick the latter. I'm definitely hyped for that one because it's WB's next big hero after Batman ends.

^I dont know, I think IM3 seems even more cluttered than IM2, which suffered for that fact, I just hope they dont put too much into the movie and give us a bit of a mess like the last one.

It seems like it's more focused this time, from the way MS phrased their plot synopsis. And it's not being written by Justin Theroux, whose screenplays tend to be cluttered and unfocused anyway (Tropic Thunder and Rock of Ages pretty much confirms that).

It seems like it's more focused this time, from the way MS phrased their plot synopsis. And it's not being written by Justin Theroux, whose screenplays tend to be cluttered and unfocused anyway (Tropic Thunder and Rock of Ages pretty much confirms that).

I dunno, I think Marvels strict running time rules scuppered IM2 more than the script, another 15-20 mins added to that movie would have made A LOT of difference.

I think some descent action too would have been good. I really wanted to see Iron Man go hell for leather on some robots and we got a couple of great minutes but then he popped out the (admittedly very cool) laser things.

I want to see all of them, but Iron Man 3 the most. MoS I'm excited for because how it might lead up to a Justice League film, but I'm not hyped like everyone else is. It's worse because the trailer did nothing to make me eager for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"