The Flash season 3 episode 9 - "The Present"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by KillerMcQueen, Nov 21, 2016.

?

Rate "The Present"

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. herolee10 No More Miracles

True but I feel like they must have gotten a bigger budget this year or something because last season they were reusing so many previous speed shots.

2. Batmannerism Super-unknown

I gave this one a 10/10. One of the best Flash episodes to date, and the best of the season.

It had a bit of action, some good character development and great character moments - and instead of a pep talk, Barry gets a pretty stern warning from Jay about the future, and to appreciate the here and now. I'm finding Barry and Iris better as they go along, and this was a good episode for them. At last the rest of the team, especially Joe, got over themselves and let Wally do his thing.

Barry and Jay's scenes were the best though. From the moment Shipp was cast I was hoping he would be Jay Garrick - kind of fan service to Jay, and to Shipp being the 1991 Flash. It's taken 2 whole seasons but at last he's in the right role.

Hey, and some solid work from Tom Felton (also kudos to the writers for getting away from our "best friend turns out to be our enemy" which of course is why Cisco and Caitlin made a crack about that particular storyline early in the episode).

Everyone got a moment in this episode (which is hard to juggle with such a big cast) and it all gelled together nicely. Great job Team Flash !

3. Legendver2 Smokin' Sexy Style!

Future Barry needs to stop pissing people off. First Thawne, now Savitar.

4. herolee10 No More Miracles

Anyone else find it disturbingly amusing on how both Barry and Jay kind of glossed over the fact that Earth 3's Trickster just murdered everyone in the bank that he robbed from?lol

5. zenith16 Registered

if it's the number one show that's to be expected. and it's very likely too

I was more disturbed when Barry was killing last year him self and team flash /star labs team and joe were ok with it at the start of last season suddenly .

it's not an excuse mind you but there's problem there. once some one's dead it's up for the rest of law enforcement to take over. that's why there's supposed to be a court system. and the detective from the police force or fed's are supposed (supposed being the major word there) to see justice for for those victims it happened to when they send the villain or murderer's or serial killers away.

6. FeedOnATreeFrog (A Metal Gear reference)

Fantastic episode. Tom Felton is doing a great job.

7. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I imagine real estate in Central City is probably dirt cheap with the meta-human crime rate being so high :cwink:
    Felton has become a solid actor.

I think most of the Potter kid actors have grown to be pretty good.

8. Headliner Registered

They had to fit so much into the show that they left out small things. They didn't even show Jay going back to Earth 3. He just vanished and Barry had to say he went back home.

It's fine though. Loved the episode.

9. Speed Force Goober

Solid episode. Really enjoyed Wally being a smart a** to Savitar and then HR right after the scene with Julian "that was creepy...I need a tea, coffee and a lay down" :funny:

I bet Barry will do something to change the future. Gonna be a long 6 week break.

10. BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

He does possess a device that can change his facial features. Maybe he's a conman just pretending to be Wells.

11. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

So much awesome!

Jay and Barry, all scenes, Barry finally listens to him towards the end but I love it when Jay calls him out.

Cisco's being oddly possessive about the stone was really telling. Makes me think
    he will one day turn into Reverb
    It was Caitlin who pulled him back. I like seeing their friendship grow.

Tom Felton's amazing acting. Solid and top notch. He plays those roles so well then can morph into a likable guy. Great scene with Savitar talking through Julian.

I think the prophecy could mean anything. All I know is Iris is still the same, no arc, no anything, Joe is the same practically, HR, something might conspire there. I'm curious to see what's going to happen when they come back from the break. Hopefully it'll be a straight run through of episodes and no breaks in between like last year.

12. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I have zero faith in this team to go there, but given what Savitar said and the glimpse we got... Keep an eye on Joe, especially if Barry reveals what he saw to him.

13. zenith16 Registered

Actually this was something I said during the whole event of heroes vs aliens in the super girl thread. that it's was an inside joke between my self my my youngest sister that watch's the show.

that they might as well name it every body hates barry after the every body hates chris show. (Chris Rock's satire show about his life growing up. )

what funner is they repeat the flash again the day after on much music the Canadian version of Mtv, but it's it's own thing and MTV's rival up here. and it's fallowed by ever body hates chris too.

I said it in the the super girl part of the forum in the invasion thread there. lol I showed it to her yesterday too and she was chucking she said it made her day that someone made this.

seriously they really layed it on thick in this crossover that flashpoint was the cause for every thing problem Wise. Even stuff that happened in the 1950's when Barry didn't go that far into the past to save hist mother. it was too much.

14. Syncos ROFLICIOUS

Is Savitar and his ability to appear as dead loved-ones giving anyone else a "The First Evil" vibe from Buffy?

I think that HR is going to be the one to betray the team. He seems pretty flippant in his loyalties to begin with.

The suggestion that Wally might end up being Savitar is interesting.

I'm almost positive the "death of iris" is going to change to be Joe. It's the perfect CW set up. Joe sets it up so he takes the death from Iris, Barry loses another parent, Iris both feels responsible and kinda blames Barry, it adds a level of friction to their relationship. AND if Wally DOES turn out to be Savitar, it would add a bit of a Kylo Ren thing where the villain has become enough of a beast to kill his own father.

I like that they've just switched the show from Barry trying to change the events of the past, to having to change the events of a pre-destined future.

15. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

What's the likelihood of Julian becoming part of Team Flash? He could prove to be a useful ally. Of course, if he does become an ally, what if he's the one who eventually betrays them?

And what if the fate worse than death is Barry going to the future and seeing the death of Iris, so that he can't live in the present, or really live at all?

I'm missing Earth 2 Wells. I find HR to not be very useful or as valuable a member of Team Flash. He seems to be more of an annoyance to them.

16. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Given their general behavior, what makes you think Future Barry didn't piss them off by "Being a generally decent human being who won't allow bad things to happen?" If Savitar is pissed off because the Flash won't let him freely rampage as an invincible evil god, well, keep pissing him off please, Barry.

17. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

God, I can't believe that was the plan they came up with. It is asking to go wrong.

18. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Since Savitar needs someone through whom to manifest, is Alchemy the avatar of Savitar?

19. General Mike EXTERMINATE!

Isnt the One of them will betray you, one of them will fall, from some other cartoon based thing? Young Justice video game maybe.

Edit: Young Justice was "One will Rise, One will Fall, one will die." so ignore me.

#69 General Mike, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  20. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

I think what the team is missing is a Zordon. They are already becoming the Power Rangers, why not?

21. zenith16 Registered

lol technically there was Gideon of you want a floting head. but the legends have their own version and they say that version was created by Rip.

22. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Yep Flash has his own Gideon. I too had the same idea of Team Flash becoming like the Power Rangers. Now they should bring in Godspeed and make him like the White or Gold Ranger.

23. zenith16 Registered

yeah the only difference here is that Gideon doesn't give out orders. and there aren't any Giant battles trashing the city further or it'd worse then star city ever will be with the exodus's .

24. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

The closest we had was Gorilla Grodd, King Shark, and Atom Smasher.

25. Thome216 Registered

Oh no, let's not bring Power Rangers into this...

And Flash's Gideon, it's strange how they aren't using him at all.