Who WON'T see this movie in the theatre?

Watchmen and Wolverine are two completely different beasts.

I agree. I'm not saying Wolverine will make similar money to Watchmen. Wolverine's fanbase is considerably larger so of course it will make more. I initially believed Wolverine would make numbers in between X1 and X3. Now I'm leaning towards numbers in between X1 and X2. The point I'm making is repeat viewship is one of factors that allows films with blockbuster potential to be successful. Watchmen was a financial disappointment because over half of it's domestic profit was generated during it's first weekend of release. It's second weekend dropoff was huge due to the lack of repeat viewership.

X1 opened to a modest 54million during it's first weekend yet, it outgrossed Watchmen be more than 50million because it had decent legs.

The fast and the furious 4 is another film X1 outgrossed because it had much better reviews and better repeat viewship. FF4 opened to a good 70.9million yet, it's currently being outgrossed by 18million to X1 because it has mediocre legs.

yes, I hated that, using Gambit and Emma in this movie, when is supposed to be about "Logan" origin, "his" origin, not the origin of Scott, Emma, Gambit, Storm?... and more.

Kind of how Stryker was involved in Weapon X? Or how Weapon X was involved in the Phoenix Saga? Which was obviously a subplot of God Loves, Man Kills...

Due to the nature of comic books vs. movies, it's only natural for the movies to combine characters and stories from the comics together where they wouldn't normally belong, because they have to combine the stories together in movies.

And for the record, go back and watch X2... you will clearly see a connection between Stryker and Gambit, giving him a perfectly good reason to be in this movie.

Kind of how Stryker was involved in Weapon X? Or how Weapon X was involved in the Phoenix Saga? Which was obviously a subplot of God Loves, Man Kills...

Due to the nature of comic books vs. movies, it's only natural for the movies to combine characters and stories from the comics together where they wouldn't normally belong, because they have to combine the stories together in movies.

And for the record, go back and watch X2... you will clearly see a connection between Stryker and Gambit, giving him a perfectly good reason to be in this movie.
This movie also went back on a lot of stuff that was established in X2 so choosing and picking certain things to justify something isn't going to work.

This movie also went back on a lot of stuff that was established in X2 so choosing and picking certain things to justify something isn't going to work.

No it didn't. Just because it didn't follow the flashbacks 100% to a "T" does not mean it "went back on a lot of stuff".

So where are Paige and Sam Guthrie? :cwink:

I don't know, maybe they are unseen mutants in the cages (we do see Quiksilver - if I recall correctly he was also on the list) or perhaps they were found out about by Stryker through other means (Ororo wasn't one of his captives, but if it weren't kept, we WOULD have seen why Stryker would have had files on her too).

Also, I don't think people are calling for Paige and Sam Guthrie to the same level they've been calling for Gambit. :p

No it didn't. Just because it didn't follow the flashbacks 100% to a "T" does not mean it "went back on a lot of stuff".
So none of the flashbacks matching up is okay but since Remy was on Stryker's computer then that means this movie did a good job:huh: Where were the slash marks on the wall by Wolverine's claws?

So none of the flashbacks matching up is okay but since Remy was on Stryker's computer then that means this movie did a good job:huh:

I'm going to be honest - I was also disappointed that the movie didn't follow the flashbacks more honestly.

But that doesn't mean it's going BACK on something. If Gambit -weren't- in this movie, it wouldn't be conflicting with something set up in X-Men 2. Stryker's computer jut gives a reason for Gambit being in this film - They've obviously had a history together, and this movie explains that history.

So Logan didn't yell and scream when he exited the facility, and Stryker didn't say "He'll have no memory". It's not -conflicting- with the flashbacks, it's just not showing certain details that were in the flashbacks.

Even the way that the camera shoots Stryker during the Weapon X experiment replicates the flashbacks.

Why was Stryker's based moved to a completely different part of the lake?

I'm not arguing that they don't have a connection...they do and that is fine. I am just arguing that it was done poorly. Gambit was awesome in this movie and I am frankly surprised he wasn't bastardized to the moon and back. But, the way he was written in this story was just so contrived and forced and you could tell that they put him in there just for the coolness factor and that makes me sad.

Why was Stryker's based moved to a completely different part of the lake?

Who says it was?

Stryker's base was pretty expansive, and when he and Logan meet up at the helicopter, it IS in a different location from the ruins that Logan discovered early in the film.

Who says it was?

Stryker's base was pretty expansive, and when he and Logan meet up at the helicopter, it IS in a different location from the ruins that Logan discovered early in the film.
Because they weren't near a waterfall. The helicopter pad that Magneto then uses was past the damn but level with the water so it flooded. The spot that Wolverine is taken to in this movie is on top off a cliff. I think you can see the damn in one of the shots in this film but it is far off...miles off. It is trivial but I don't see why the need to change something like that.

I'll see this movie on dvd. It's not because I feel like my life is over because they "raped" Wolverine, Deadpool, Gambit, etc...NO! I'm not seeing it because $10 is pretty expensive to see a movie in theaters AND I won't have that much time this summer to see movies anyway...

*steps onto soapbox*

I. Will. See. It! I. Will. See. It! I. Will. See. It! I. Will. See. It! I. Will. See. It! I. Will. See. It! I. Will. See. It! I. Will. See. It! I. Will. See. It! I. Will. See. It!

:D

What is your screen name in reference to?

I haven't seen the leak, and I stopped watching the TV ads and other clips they've released online in a few weeks.

I just saw 2 commercials during the baseball game this afternoon...at least 50% of the stuff I saw in those 60 seconds was stuff I had not seen before.

I don't care what anyone says, the movie looks damn cool.

Yes, I know Fox is the antichrist, but I've known that for a long time. I'll be there this weekend. :up:

It looks damn cool. Hell, I wanted to see it after the trailer came out....but to me, it wasnt cool at all...it was a mess.

I hope you enjoy it more then I did. :D

I don't understand how people on here can say that that actor nailed Gambit???...well, different strokes I always say.

I think it's really disappointing how the only time I only really got excited for this film, save for a few materials i don't care to remember, was from the grainy ComiCon trailer. I suspect it was just the fan reaction from it (the various cheers from Gambit's appearance, the G** damn line, etc).

Most of the footage since then have been a let down. It llooks like they're overplaying the grandiose-ness of the action set pieces, and the cheesy dialogue and cuts. The footage they've been sending with the cast in their late night show appearances look like they've been editted poorly as well, which was the case with X3, and back then a lot of us were hoping those were just cut/editted that way for the the tv shows.

I still have not seen the leak and don't plan to but i do plan on catching this opening weekend mostly for the in the tradition of watching big summer movies. And I am keeping my expectations low. :(

After X3 I've learned not to put faith in Fox. And I've learned that they don't give a **** what fans think as long as they make money (which they will certainly be able to do given the general audience popularity of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine regardless of what fans want). They don't even deserve my boycott; I'm just past caring.

So heck with it, I'll see it in theaters and have what fun I can.

it doesn't really get wolverine's story, and it re-writes things that were said about wolverine and stryker in x2. when the hell was he an "animal?" the answer is never according to this movie. he was always a voice of reason in the movie. he had more heart than hate. and when he finds out he's been duped he just gets up and walks away? really? why tame him in his origin?

they tamed him so much in x3, that i think fox thought that since that made the most money that's the characterization wolverine should always have from here on.

sure it bastardizes a lot, but i guess it will never matter b/c people will watch crap if it's based on something that's popular enough. yeah yeah bring up watchmen, but it is nowhere near as popular as the x-men or wolverine with people who don't read comics or post on forums about comics.

The poll is a bit biased...

Anyway, I won't be paying to see something that I already did and know that it isn't worth the money.

In my previous post I already stated that I will see this in the theatre, mainly because I'm a sucker for seeing action movies on the big screen. I just will most likely be paying for another film's ticket.

You're covered. I bought two extra tickets just for you and Fatonie (SP?) because you tipped your hand. Countering cheaters is money well spent.

Here are your tickets...

Wolverine%20Tickets.jpg

They'll be torn and collected but no one will use them. These seats will have your names on them at midnight tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"