The Avengers "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Thor" - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also really like how he just devours that shwarma :woot:
Just like he did with the poptarts in his movie
I gotta see that last scene!!!! lol
THIS is the only draw back about guarding a prescreening people, you have to work and miss things like that

Something that I noticed during my second viewing:

I liked how Loki looked genuinely scared during the scene when Thor first arrived in the film; from the moment he heard Thunder to the exact moment that he saw Thor coming after him in that jet. It's like, even Loki...the guy that's been so calculative and such, was taken off his game when he saw his brother suddenly arrive.

Something that I noticed during my second viewing:

I liked how Loki looked genuinely scared during the scene when Thor first arrived in the film; from the moment he heard Thunder to the exact moment that he saw Thor coming after him in that jet. It's like, even Loki...the guy that's been so calculative and such, was taken off his game when he saw his brother suddenly arrive.

Ya, his subtle "I'm not overly fond" delivery was great.

Hey, did anyone else but me notice that Thor kind of had the upper hand in the Hulk fight? Like, clearly? From what I recall, and from what I watched again on my computer, the fight went like this. Hulk throws a punch, Thor weaves under it, and punches Hulk. The Hulk staggers. Hulk goes to punch Thor in return, but Thor catches it. In which he says, "we are not your enemies Banner, try to think". Then hulk punches Thor with his other hand knocking him away. and giving him that nose bleed, which he laughs at. Then thor sends hulk flying with a hammer upper cut. (dont remember what happens right after) but Thor throws hammer, hulk dodges it, I think, then tries to pick it up. The go at each other, and thor does the "my cousin vinny" jumping punch, staggering hulk yet again, then trying to put him in a sleeper hold. Hulk jumps them up a few levels. Hulk Picks up thor, then throws him to the ground, then throws him into the wall. Thor gets up, hulk gets distracted.

So hulk landed 1 blow, excluding throws. While Thor landed like 3 or 4, each of which staggered Hulk. Despite the fact that hulk got in the last blow (throw), it seems like Thor relatively had the upper hand, even though he was just trying to calm hulk down, kinda surprised they did that to be honest. It seemed like if thor wanted to, he could beaten him down, kinda surprised they gave thor the upper hand, while making it clear that he was just trying to calm him down, and having fun doing so,

Hey, did anyone else but me notice that Thor kind of had the upper hand in the Hulk fight? Like, clearly? From what I recall, and from what I watched again on my computer, the fight went like this. Hulk throws a punch, Thor weaves under it, and punches Hulk. The Hulk staggers. Hulk goes to punch Thor in return, but Thor catches it. In which he says, "we are not your enemies Banner, try to think". Then hulk punches Thor with his other hand knocking him away. and giving him that nose bleed, which he laughs at. Then thor sends hulk flying with a hammer upper cut. (dont remember what happens right after) but Thor throws hammer, hulk dodges it, I think, then tries to pick it up. The go at each other, and thor does the "my cousin vinny" jumping punch, staggering hulk yet again, then trying to put him in a sleeper hold. Hulk jumps them up a few levels. Hulk Picks up thor, then throws him to the ground, then throws him into the wall. Thor gets up, hulk gets distracted.

So hulk landed 1 blow, excluding throws. While Thor landed like 3 or 4, each of which staggered Hulk. Despite the fact that hulk got in the last blow (throw), it seems like Thor relatively had the upper hand, even though he was just trying to calm hulk down, kinda surprised they did that to be honest. It seemed like if thor wanted to, he could beaten him down, kinda surprised they gave thor the upper hand, while making it clear that he was just trying to calm him down, and having fun doing so,

Ehhhhh I dunno about all that. Hulk got in just as man big blows .... Thor must've been tossed at least 3-4 times. It looked to be that Hulk was getting more intense when he got sidetracked by the plane firing at him, which at that point he was holding Thor in his grasp. Thor was doing what he had to though, which was to try to keep the Hulk sidetracked from hurting anyone else.

Ehhhhh I dunno about all that. Hulk got in just as man big blows .... Thor must've been tossed at least 3-4 times. It looked to be that Hulk was getting more intense when he got sidetracked by the plane firing at him, which at that point he was holding Thor in his grasp. Thor was doing what he had to though, which was to try to keep the Hulk sidetracked from hurting anyone else.

Actually Hulk threw Thor across the room before the jet interrupted, it's safe to say that Thor wasn't harmed in any way by the throw.

If the fight were being judged, and the bell rang when the fighter jet arrived, I guess Thor might win on points. But you could argue that Hulk had the advantage at that moment (seemingly).

Anyway, it was a solid fight, and I can't wait until we eventually see it again onscreen (which I guess we probably will).

If the fight were being judged, and the bell rang when the fighter jet arrived, I guess Thor might win on points. But you could argue that Hulk had the advantage at that moment (seemingly).

Anyway, it was a solid fight, and I can't wait until we eventually see it again onscreen (which I guess we probably will).

Definately, which leads me to believe that fight was more even then some people are making it out to be.

Professional fights are never really judged by who got the last few blows before the fight was stopped though, that's more of a childish "last hit" sort of thing.

I disagree, I've seen the film 3 times and I found their fight to be a tie in almost every way.

Actually Hulk threw Thor across the room before the jet interrupted, it's safe to say that Thor wasn't harmed in any way by the throw.

BT .... I never said anything about being harmed, albeit he did have a slight nose bleed which kicked in his more aggressive nature.

BT .... I never said anything about being harmed, albeit he did have a slight nose bleed which kicked in his more aggressive nature.

Oh I know I was just saying, I was specifically talking about him being harmed from the throw.

People act as if Thor was out of the game after Hulk threw him, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Chris has AMAZING acting skills. I truly believe that Thor loves his brother. His scenes with Loki are great. I believe Thor would give his life for Loki.

In terms of blows, Thor landed more. Hulk threw him to the ground the ground, then into the wall, Thor got up, and then the jet fired at hulk, thor jumped aside, then hulk just roared at the jet like a boss, "stop spraying me with water".

Speaking of that. did you notice when they were firing at hulk, that his eyes kind of twitched? as if something is grazing your eyelashes? as if the bullets hitting his face were just tickling his eye lashes lol

I know. Guys lol. I mean in terms of landed blows, punches. Thor landed more. Which kind of surprised me.

Chris has AMAZING acting skills. I truly believe that Thor loves his brother. His scenes with Loki are great. I believe Thor would give his life for Loki.

Oh he is great. I really can't wait for Thor 2.

that word. I see it all the time. Does it mean, "although" similar context?

Definately, which leads me to believe that fight was more even then some people are making it out to be.

Professional fights are never really judged by who got the last few blows before the fight was stopped though, that's more of a childish "last hit" sort of thing.

I disagree, I've seen the film 3 times and I found their fight to be a tie in almost every way.

Seein it a fourth time tonight :p. and yeah it was. But in terms of blows landed, punches landed, it seems like thor got in more. Which was the shocker to me.

edit. Sorry guys, keep forgetting about multiquote :doh:

I know. Guys lol. I mean in terms of landed blows, punches. Thor landed more. Which kind of surprised me.

It makes sense due to Thor being a much more skilled fighter and all, realistically that's how most of their fights should go.

It makes sense due to Thor being a much more skilled fighter and all, realistically that's how most of their fights shouldgo.

Well they don't. Considering Thor really isn't a skilled fighter, he just brawls like a bum and throws punches.

...oh wait....

*sarcasm

Well they don't. Considering Thor really isn't a skilled fighter, he just brawls like a bum and throws punches.

...oh wait....

*sarcasm

Yeah I know, that's just called bad writing in the form of "jobbery" it makes no sense for a highly trained warrior to fight like that.

Seein it a fourth time tonight :p. and yeah it was. But in terms of blows landed, punches landed, it seems like thor got in more. Which was the shocker to me.

I'm counting throws to though, although I'm sure if I should count Hulk being dragged by Mjolnir or not.

I'm amped for Thor 2. I want to see what happens next.

Totally, I'm actually more excited for THOR II than I was for The Avengers and Thor combined.

I've just added my latest model to my blog!

Come and visit mypaperheroes.blogspot.com to print and build your own paper Thor!!!!

avengers_thor.jpg

avengers_thor2.jpg

the slow motion mjolnir uppercut is without a doubt my favorite shot of the movie

I know this has to have been answered somewhere in these 38 pages but did they explain how Thor got to earth from Asgard? Did I miss that? Somehow I doubt he literally flew all the way down. That bugged me in the movie but then I got distracted by how awesome everything about it was again.

the slow motion mjolnir uppercut is without a doubt my favorite shot of the movie

It was truly awesome with an epic set up to boot, it's almost a bit underrated around here (not inlcuded Thor fans).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"