The Avengers "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Thor" - Part 4

I would be alot more excited about seeing Thor and Loki fight side by side if he wasn't so "plain" in the MCU.

He can't fly, shape shift, create force fields, animate objects, or anything else outside of teleporting and duplicating.

Last edited:
What I want to see from Thor in any future film that he's in is to see some great aerial fight sequences involving him.

What we got of him in terms of his usage of flight in TA was better than what we had in "Thor", but I want to see that elevated; I want to see the next director really take advantage of the fact that when you really look at it, Thor can fly and give a good beating like Superman could.

I would be alot more excited about seeing Thor and Loki fight side by side if he wasn't so "plain" in the MCU.

He can't fly, shape shift, create force fields, animate objects, or anything else outside of teleporting and duplicating.

I wish all of those powers where inherently his. I hate that his mind control powers came from that staff. Loki didn't really seem like a god. He just feels like a mutant with one power instead of a god with a variety of inherent powers yet to be shown.

I wish all of those powers where inherently his. I hate that his mind control powers came from that staff. Loki didn't really seem like a god. He just feels like a mutant with one power instead of a god with a variety of inherent powers yet to be shown.

Indeed; aside from being able to create astral projections of himself, there really wasn't anything "magical" about Loki's abilities. No energy blasts from his own body, no ability to levitate, etc.

Tom talked about Loki becoming more powerful between Thor and TA, but he really didn't seem that much more powerful imo.

Tom talked about Loki becoming more powerful between Thor and TA, but he really didn't seem that much more powerful imo.

Indeed; I mean their fight on Stark Tower practically echoed their previous fight; the only time that I felt like Loki was a "physical" threat was when he was fighting Captain America, Hawkeye, essentially human beings without powers like Thor, Hulk, or armored suits like Iron Man.lol

the huge implosion the tesseract caused at the beginning of the movie was about the same size as Thors hammer smash in jotenheim, thats beast

Indeed; I mean their fight on Stark Tower practically echoed their previous fight; the only time that I felt like Loki was a "physical" threat was when he was fighting Captain America, Hawkeye, essentially human beings without powers like Thor, Hulk, or armored suits like Iron Man.lol

I still think loki should have been able to wiped the floor physicality with everyone expect Thor and Hulk. Even a fully Armored Ironman. :oldrazz:

Don't get me wrong i like what was done in the movie. I'm just being a nitpicking fan.

I must say, I cannot wait to see what happens to Loki in Thor 2. I mention this because of Thanos' right hand man's threat to Loki. They'll be able to find him wherever he goes. It's not Odin's punishment that Loki has to worry about.

I forsee a storyline that will have Thor and Loki fighting on the same side for a good majority of a movie if not the entire thing. Whether this will be in Thor 2 or The Avenger's 2 is anybody's guess but I'm on pins and needles waiting to see just what Thanos has in store for Loki and how Thor will feel about it.

That's what I'm looking forward most to Thor 2. I think it's a real dilemma for Loki after all he did. Thor seems to be pissed, maybe his patience ended after Loki tried to kill him again. Odin won't be amused, too. And if Loki seeks protection against Thanos it will depend on Odins and Thors goodwill.

I must say, I cannot wait to see what happens to Loki in Thor 2. I mention this because of Thanos' right hand man's threat to Loki. They'll be able to find him wherever he goes. It's not Odin's punishment that Loki has to worry about.

I forsee a storyline that will have Thor and Loki fighting on the same side for a good majority of a movie if not the entire thing. Whether this will be in Thor 2 or The Avenger's 2 is anybody's guess but I'm on pins and needles waiting to see just what Thanos has in store for Loki and how Thor will feel about it.

I think that will happen too. Everyone in Asgard will know what Loki has done and be angry with him but Loki will need Asgards protection after not delivering on his deal with Thanos as well as killing a whole bunch of Frost Giants in the first movie.

Iron Man 3 I'm not too excited about yet. They're really going to have to wow me after his performance in Avengers (Iron Man, not RDJ). I almost feel like his story is finished. Avengers 3 might as well have been the end of the Iron Man trilogy. Captain America fitting in the modern world and Thor's dealings now that we're past that whole "temporary human" thing has me way more interested. I cannot wait to see more of Asgard and the other 7 realms.

If they are doing the Extremis storyline as i have heard that could be pretty sweet. That was a pretty brutal arc for Stark. Might wipe the smirk off his face for a while.

I'm wondering if some of his scenes were cut, that possibly showed him use more of his own powers rather than relying on the staff so much.

Btw, I'm reading Siege right now, and I'm geeking over the fact of Loki AND Osborn in the same book 'working together'. My two favourite villains :awesome:

I still think loki should have been able to wiped the floor physicality with everyone expect Thor and Hulk. Even a fully Armored Ironman. :oldrazz:

Don't get me wrong i like what was done in the movie. I'm just being a nitpicking fan.

I think RDJ's imput had alot to do with Thor and Loki not wiping the floor with IM, especially since he pretty much has Marvel at his beck and call.

Just cause we haven't seen Loki do that yet, doesn't mean he cant? Hopefully they do show more with that

Just cause we haven't seen Loki do that yet, doesn't mean he cant? Hopefully they do show more with that

Nah I'm pretty sure if he could do that he would've, remember he just went up against Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk in one film.

I think the only thing that bugged me was how much he relied on the staff, and then when he didnt have it well....he didn't do anything. I was hoping to see more magic of his own, that he was a viable threat without the powered staff.

I think the only thing that bugged me was how much he relied on the staff, and then when he didnt have it well....he didn't do anything. I was hoping to see more magic of his own, that he was a viable threat without the powered staff.

That's what I'm saying, Thor got to kick some ass without Mjolnir so I was hoping for Loki to do the same.

Even during Loki's fight with Thor, once they dropped their weapons Loki basically turned into a punching bag.

Why did Loki just leave his staff laying there at Stark Tower? You'd think he'd realize the importance of getting that back.

Why did Loki just leave his staff laying there at Stark Tower? You'd think he'd realize the importance of getting that back.

Hulk tackled him after hit the ground, plus he was still getting up in the scene where he was looking up at the entire team.

Yeah, Hulk managed to give Thor a bloody nose. Loki was probably recovering from quiiite a few injuries.

Yeah, Hulk managed to give Thor a bloody nose. Loki was probably recovering from quiiite a few injuries.

Which isn't really that hard to do in a fight, it has more to do with where you're hit than how hard you're hit.

I posted this question over on the Thor 2 thread, but I feel like asking it here would also be appropriate -
A recent casting call has just been released for Thor 2 that calls for people with fair hair and a muscular build, with easy access to London. I have all three of these; how exactly could I apply to be an extra in Thor? I live in America so I don't know where to apply or anything like that. I went to one casting website and sent them an email but haven't heard back.

UM good question J. I really don't know WHERE you might try. I remember calls back before Thor started in California but you had to go to New Mexico after.

I noticed IM refers to Thor as a demi-God, isn't he a full God? Along with many people saying Thor/Loki aren't Gods at all..I am confused lol.

Unless his mum is a normal Asgardian.

I noticed IM refers to Thor as a demi-God, isn't he a full God? Along with many people saying Thor/Loki aren't Gods at all..I am confused lol.

Unless his mum is a normal Asgardian.

They're not 'gods' in the sense that they are deities to be worshipped; they are 'aliens', cosmic beings who came to the earth and were worshipped as gods due to their numerous god-like abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"