The Avengers "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Thor" - Part 4

That really is bad news. Fandral only played a small role in Thor but The Warriors Three should be more prominent in Thor 2. Dallas was a perfect fit for the character and I looked forward to seeing what he would do with an expanded role. It doesn't help matters that I disliked Chuck and feel that Levi is not a good choice for Fandral. It's a shame that they couldn't find someone of the caliber of Hemsworth and Hiddleston (or Stevenson and Asano) for the role.

Hopefully this does not foreshadow a continued emphasis on comedy in Thor 2. The one aspect of Thor that I felt was overdone was the broad comedy centering on Darcy. The exclusion of Dennings from the cast led me to think the producers had decided to move away from the one element of the first script that ended up being grating.
Is it confirmed that Darcy isn't returning? Hiddleston had said during a short interview after the glamour awards (I believe) that she would be back (but I acknowledge that he could've just been assuming)

I think Darcy's relevance would rely mostly upon where Thor 2 will take place. I loved Kat Dennings in the Thor movie but you have to admit that if the story is to take place mostly in Asgard and other more ethereal realms Darcy would not be quite an appropriate character to shoehorn into the script whereas the romance and possibly unrequited love story of Thor and Jane should be a more important consideration.

If they're willing to fork over some money for just a scene or two; Darcy could just be there at the beginning of the film with Jane when Thor reunites with her on screen before the nine realms exploration starts.

Meh, I liked Fandral, but it's not the most terrible news in the world.
No, but Dallas looks just like Fandral should look and sound. Not sure how Zach would sound, never really seen him in anything but Chuck.

No, but Dallas looks just like Fandral should look and sound. Not sure how Zach would sound, never really seen him in anything but Chuck.

I agree, Josh Dallas was spot on with how Fandral should look and sound.

For Zach I think just like Josh Dallas he should watch a lot of Errol Flynn movies for research.

I agree G2. Zach has that kind of Smile Fandral would use. He kind of reminds me of the Fandral in the Tales of Asgard animated film lol

poopy crouton face, never heard that one before haha

True Story Time: That was an insult my youngest sister lobbed at my younger sister one day after church when she was a kid ages ago. You should use it sometime and see what kind of reaction you get.

I agree G2. Zach has that kind of Smile Fandral would use. He kind of reminds me of the Fandral in the Tales of Asgard animated film lol

Is it not too far off the mark to say that Fandral's personality as a character in the comics hearkens back to the era of swashbuckling movies? I think that Zach might have his own take on the character, but I would prefer that he not stray too far from that Errol Flynn type adventurer that Josh Dallas played the character as.

Last edited:
heh Slight of hand BT. Slight of hand.

...echantments don't ALWAYS work. hehehe

True Story Time: That was an insult my youngest sister lobbed at my younger sister one day after church when she was a kid ages ago. You should use it sometime and see what kind of reaction you get.

Is it not too far off the mark to say that Fandral's personality as a character in the comics hearkens back to the era of swashbuckling movies? I think that Zach might have his own take on the character, but I would prefer that he not stray too far from that Errol Flynn type adventurer that Josh Dallas played the character as.
Kirby and Lee modeled Fandral after Flynn, Hogun the Grimm after Charles Bronson, and Volstagg after a character from Shakespear which I'm drawing a blank on.

Kirby and Lee modeled Fandral after Flynn, Hogun the Grimm after Charles Bronson, and Volstagg after a character from Shakespear which I'm drawing a blank on.

Falstaff

Is it confirmed that Darcy isn't returning? Hiddleston had said during a short interview after the glamour awards (I believe) that she would be back (but I acknowledge that he could've just been assuming)

Dennings said in an interview that she had not been contacted at all about Thor 2, and no news of her being brought back has come out. That gives me hope that Darcy and her brand of "comic relief" are a thing of the past. She was okay at first, but by the end of the movie her shtick was overused. And on repeat viewings, I find her less and less tolerable.

Which is probably why Darcy's waitressing these days, she drove Jane too crazy lol

u know how people say there is no magic in the MCU and that Thor and the asgardians are just using advanced science? what about Mjolnirs enchantment? i dont see how u can get around the magic there

u know how people say there is no magic in the MCU and that Thor and the asgardians are just using advanced science? what about Mjolnirs enchantment? i dont see how u can get around the magic there

Yeah Odin clearly used magic to place to enchantment on Mjolnir and to suppress Loki's "Frost Giant" features.

Loki also clearly uses magic when he teleports, duplicates, and conjured the Casket of Ancient Winters out of thin air when he froze Heimdall.

Yeah Odin clearly used magic to place to enchantment on Mjolnir and to suppress Loki's "Frost Giant" features.

Loki also clearly uses magic when he teleports, duplicates, and conjured the Casket of Ancient Winters out of thin air when he froze Heimdall.

Nonsense. Odin is actually a matter-transmutating android who can manipulate said matter on a subatomic level remotely.

I thought it was obvious! :woot:

Loki....... Smoke and mirrors.

Nonsense. Odin is actually a matter-transmutating android who can manipulate said matter on a subatomic level remotely.

L-O-L :funny:

Yeah I've been saying that for years. Then you get someone who wants to over explain it like for instance Odin could simply be be adjusting the molecules to react a certain way to Thor alone by simply speaking into it if you WANT to take that route, I prefer a magic route.

and a Chamelian gene :woot:

Yeah I've been saying that for years. Then you get someone who wants to over explain it like for instance Odin could simply be be adjusting the molecules to react a certain way to Thor alone by simply speaking into it if you WANT to take that route, I prefer a magic route.

Man those people are highly annoying, why can't they just accept that magic exists in the MCU?

Dont be surprised if Jane witnessess examples of Odins power in Thor 2 and likens it to a limited Psionic ability.

Saw this...sorry effort.. at SyFy: Almighty Thor:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1792794/.

My God, that was a bad movie. Cheesy dialogues, even worse effects, bad story, the guy who plays Thor looks like a boy from Highschool and not like a God of ...whatever.

It was so bad that it's almost funny. Now I know more than ever how lucky we can be about the MCU Thor movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"