The Avengers "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Thor" - Part 4

Could be. According to the IMDB board it's a tv movie for SyFy. But this isn't an excuse for its non-existing quality. The TV stations can do it better, actually.

Dont be surprised if Jane witnessess examples of Odins power in Thor 2 and likens it to a limited Psionic ability.

Then I'm going to find Natalie Portman and personally kick her, the director, and the script writer's asses.

Dont be surprised if Jane witnessess examples of Odins power in Thor 2 and likens it to a limited Psionic ability.

I think a much more realistic, acceptable approach would be for Jane to witness Odin's full power and not have any explanation for how he could do the things he's able to be doing. Science and human beings can't explain everything in the universe. It's only the vain who think they can.

Last edited:
Man those people are highly annoying, why can't they just accept that magic exists in the MCU?
I have know idea. Comics are meant to be an escape lol some people just don't get that concept lol

I dont think its that they cant accept it
It just that it has not been officially acknowledged onscreen yet .
The Asgardians were not referred to as Gods in the film .
Fandral made a reference to Thor being worshipped as a God , that was it .
To some people ,it is not Canon unless they see it .

I dont think its that they cant accept it
It just that it has not been officially acknowledged onscreen yet .
The Asgardians were not referred to as Gods in the film .
Fandral made a reference to Thor being worshipped as a God , that was it .
To some people ,it is not Canon unless they see it .

mmm.. Maybe thats why Kevin Feige wants to get Doctor Strange into the universe.. So that MAGIC can just burst onto the screen unapologetic, and maybe explore the mystic side to the universe...

Man those people are highly annoying, why can't they just accept that magic exists in the MCU?

Because the whole theme of Thor was that 'magic' can be rationalized.

u know how people say there is no magic in the MCU and that Thor and the asgardians are just using advanced science? what about Mjolnirs enchantment? i dont see how u can get around the magic there

'Magic is just science we don't understand yet' What makes you think you have to understand how its done to understand that its based on scientific principles? Its like trying to understand how we stay on the ground before the concept of gravity. People who don't understand could easily say that we stay on the ground by magic, its not true though.

Last edited:
The Asgardians were not referred to as Gods in the film

What about that opening sequence?

I don't get the debate here...magic being another type of science...is still essentially magic.

Magic equals science in the same way the Iron Man armor would equal magic in medieval times. Is that so hard to grasp? Magic in the MCU is SUPER advanced science. Does that at all take away from it being magic? No, it just slaps on a plausible reason as to why certain things can exist. It's not like Thor has to charge up his hammer with lightning before going in battle, but there is a plausible reason as to why he has the abilities to summon it that humans can't comprehend.

Last edited:
Magic equals science in the same way the Iron Man armor would equal magic in medieval times. Is that so hard to grasp? Magic in the MCU is SUPER advanced science. Does that at all take away from it being magic? No, it just slaps on a plausible reason as to why certain things can exist. It's not like Thor has to charge up his hammer with lightning before going in battle, but there is a plausible reason as to why he has the abilities to summon it that humans can't comprehend.

I guess for some people it does take away from it. Women have died in history because they were blamed for magic when the crops failed because people didn't understand how it could have happened otherwise.

^^^This. Exactly. After the way magic was explained in Thor I can't even understand why it's still being debated. Magic in the MCU, at least insofar as it pertains to the Asgardians, is simply hyper-advanced science wielded by extraterrestrials from another universe.

....again, I personally don't NEED an explaination lol I except magic as a science we don't under stand or can't really be explained away.
I personally don't care, I just love to be entertained. :cwink:

mmm.. Maybe thats why Kevin Feige wants to get Doctor Strange into the universe.. So that MAGIC can just burst onto the screen unapologetic, and maybe explore the mystic side to the universe...
Man having Strange in a movie would kick butt.
Personally I see NOBODY trying to over explain Ghost Rider and technically that's Magic as well. :doh::doh::doh:

Did anyone ask if Chris is training for Thor2? I'd say so.

Chris050.jpg

:awesome:

Did anyone ask if Chris is training for Thor2? I'd say so.

:awesome:

Man, those pics exploded across the 'net yesterday...

What I've been wondering is whether he's grown out his hair planning to try to use that, instead of a wig, in Thor 2. He had the longer hair for filming "Rush", but that should be over by now, and he doesn't seem to be cutting it.

So I just watched the movie for a fourth time. And did anyone notice how when him and Loki were on Stark Tower at the beginning of the invasion how they echoed the conversation between Laufey and Odin? for those who don't remember:
In Thor:
Laufey: You'll get what he wanted, war.
Odin: So be it.

In the Avengers:
Loki: You can't stop it, there is only, the war!
Thor: So be it.

So I just watched the movie for a fourth time. And did anyone notice how when him and Loki were on Stark Tower at the beginning of the invasion how they echoed the conversation between Laufey and Odin? for those who don't remember:
In Thor:
Laufey: You'll get what he wanted, war.
Odin: So be it.

In the Avengers:
Loki: You can't stop it, there is only, the war!
Thor: So be it.
Nice Catch .

It's nice to see Hemsworth getting in "Thor" shape, because I was very pleased with his size and build in THOR and The Avengers. :up:

Heh tho he had to tone it down a tad in Thor because he was TOO big lol

lol wut? He was too big? Usually there are complaints he was not big enough.

You're kidding, aren't you? :woot:

lol wut? He was too big? Usually there are complaints he was not big enough.

You're kidding, aren't you? :woot:
Nope...Vartha is not kidding. There are interviews with him where he talks about how he had actually gotten a little too big between when I guess they did the initial costume fitting and the start of actual filming that the Thor outfit was actually cutting off a bit of circulation (I want to say in his arms and his neck), so he had to ease up on his workout regimen to try and drop a little bit of the mass so he could fit into the armor *lol*

Edit: Here's one of the articles on it, he just mentions his arms but I could've sworn there's one where he says the neck of the costume didn't quite fit anymore either: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a311838/chris-hemsworth-too-big-for-thor-costume.html

Last edited:
Ah, yes, this story. I know it. Yes he was too big for his costume that's true.

Last edited:
Heh tho he had to tone it down a tad in Thor because he was TOO big lol

Well now he has a sleeveless outfit, so he can never really be too big from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"