Why are people so skeptical of UFO's?

I believe there is life elsewhere in the universe; however, I hope we do not discover it. If we manage break the current barrier in space travel - which is impossible, but, hypothetically speaking-the best course for life that we would discover would be for it to destroy itself, before we arrived. Depending on the circumstances, we would either exterminate the life and claim the planet for ourselves, make the inhabitants scientific curiosities, and destroy them, culturally and biologically, and/or destroy the environment, as we have done here.

As Jeff Goldlbum said in Jurassic Park, " ...what's so great about discovery? It's a violent, penetrative act that scars what it observes."

Hence, that is why I hope we never discover alien life.
Or by that rational- that they "discover" us?
"What are we to them."- http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KeJoVeKSsyA#t=452s

Last edited:
I am soo happy this thread exists. Good on you Thundercracker

Rendlesham Forest Incident. If you love UFOs and don't know about this, you need to educate yourself on the situation that happened in the UK.

[YT]wtBnB8ONiJA[/YT]
[YT]JvQgK6FvDDM[/YT]

Last edited:
I believe that there is intelligent life outside of our planet. Maybe even within our Solar System, but not intelligent.

I do not believe that we have been visited by Extra-terrestrials. Why?

I think any society which is advanced enough to be able to travel to other worlds is damn well enough advanced to make sure that they can avoid detection and "bumping" into us.

There are also the immense distances involved that have to be taken into account. So unless these guys have Warp drive or multi generational sleeper ships, it is really not likely they are coming here for a "look see"
Plus, there is no way to detect signs of life or structures at interstellar distances, so why waste sending a ship on the off chance there is something worth checking out?

I know that a lot of what I say is going to be refuted by those that say an advanced civilisation is going to have wondrous technology. But remember that technology must give way to physics, and that is something that we as a species have a fairly good understanding of these days. Which is why a lot of people just don't believe in Extra-terrestrial UFO's

And that is why I am sceptical. It is fundamentally unlikely to have happened or to happen.

I believe that there is intelligent life outside of our planet. Maybe even within our Solar System, but not intelligent.

I do not believe that we have been visited by Extra-terrestrials. Why?

I think any society which is advanced enough to be able to travel to other worlds is damn well enough advanced to make sure that they can avoid detection and "bumping" into us.

There are also the immense distances involved that have to be taken into account. So unless these guys have Warp drive or multi generational sleeper ships, it is really not likely they are coming here for a "look see"
Plus, there is no way to detect signs of life or structures at interstellar distances, so why waste sending a ship on the off chance there is something worth checking out?

I know that a lot of what I say is going to be refuted by those that say an advanced civilisation is going to have wondrous technology. But remember that technology must give way to physics, and that is something that we as a species have a fairly good understanding of these days. Which is why a lot of people just don't believe in Extra-terrestrial UFO's

And that is why I am sceptical. It is fundamentally unlikely to have happened or to happen.

My problem with your inablity to believe that UFOs have visited us is the fact that you are basing your argument on stuff you've read in SciFi books/seen in movies.

You have to take into account that IF beings have interstellar space travel down, and do it regularly, there are technologies out there that are soo advanced human beings can't possibly wrap their minds around it. Bending space time to travel vast distances in seconds/etc.

If these beings have viewed us for decades/centuries, we are CLEARLY primitive to them in every way possible. Why would they care if they "bumped" into us? They clearly know their superiority. We don't care that rats and guinea pigs know we are experimenting on us, because we know we are the superior race.

In regards to understanding Physics, I am no Physics major by any means but I just think that you are rooting your thoughts on knowledge we readily have available/have discovered. Who isn't to say that our worldly Physics have anything to do with a galaxy billions of light years away from us?

Last edited:
lol, physics is universal, some rules apply on small scale, some in much larger scale but the rules are the rules and they are refined when new discoveries are made.

I'll just leave this here too

Start at 14:30 - very interesting regardless of your views.

[YT]BFAQTitMAbw#t=782s[/YT]

Topic:

Do they have any credible evidence?
Link?

That it's Extraterrestrial?
Link?

And ok, you have thousands, but pleas just link to the most credible ones, with the hard evidence it's Extraterrestrial.
Thanks!

And it's not something I seek out, I'm honestly just asking because I've just never knew they had it.

Well, it's not like I personally catalogue them. But they've done dozens of programs on cases. Project Blue Book alone catalogued over ten thousand. They dismissed most of them (some more controversially than others). But even with Blue Book nearly a thousand were never explained at all.

The interesting thing about Blue Book, and one of the military researchers mentions this in his book, is that Blue Book only dealt with "public" cases. UFO reports on military bases were handled internally.

If you really want, I can give you a "top hits" list though.

Have you all heard about this going on right now? http://www.citizenhearing.org/

Citizen Hearing On Disclosure
April 29 To May 3, 2013 – Washington, DC

"If the Congress won't do its job, the people will."

An event with historical implications will be held at the National Press Club in Washington, DC from April 29 to May 3, 2013. At that time as many as forty researchers and military/agency witnesses will testify for thirty hours over five days before former members of the United States Congress.

Should be interesting to see what (if anything) comes out of this...

There are lead physicists and molecular scientists that are saying people who lead these "black projects" bring up to heads of their fields

"the laws of physics need to be re written" and to some extent the laws of physiology.

I really wish you would listen to this stream right now Deathlok. Very interesting scientific analysis on UFO and interplanetary technology.

"UFOs" are real. They are Unidentified Flying Objects. The evidence of these flying objects is incontrovertible. You know what I hate, people could have the most authentic footage of flying crafts and people would dismiss it as CGI. Why is that? I mean the footage is there. There's freaking something flying and hovering around. And there are thousands of these videos. Why would all these people take the time to fake it.

Now what UFOs actually are, nobody really knows except the high powered Government. Besides I don't see nothing implausible about a advanced life form in the Universe. As big as it is?? Really. You see that's the problem with Humans, we don't accept our limitations and we think we know every damn thing this universe has to offer us. We can't even explore past Mars yet. We managed shot a robot on there that took what?.. 25 years? Sure we can take pictures of these planets and stuff but we can't actually explore them. There's probably millions and millions of elements we know not about. Energy sources we know not about. Hell there be something out there more advanced then the 3-dimensional world we live in. We wouldn't even know how to discover it.

What's funny, I find Samuel L. Jackson's line from the Boondocks to be some true and makes so much sense.

"The absence of evidence, isn't the evidence of absence... just because you don't have evidence that something does exists, doesn't mean you have the evidence that something doesn't exist... There are known knows, and there are known unknows, but there also unknown unknows, things we don't know that we don't know."

Greatest line ever and it makes sense to me. This Universe is supposed to be bigger than our minds could comprehend or even illustrate in our mind. It supposed to expand indefinitely right? How do you explore something so complex? We have no idea what's out there. Or do they? Maybe the highest people in the government knows. Of course they'll keep the truth from us, nothing new.

But what if... and this is going to sound crazy and ridiculous. What if the Aliens or some other extraterrestrial beings created us? They are these advance species and they wanted to create their own species that took on their image but not quite. They tried with dinosaurs...failed. So they destroyed them. So they created the humans and they give us a little intelligence but also huge limitations because they fear if we gain the same intelligence as them we could challenge them. So they visit us over the years and years of sightings to check our progress and they see how much our brains are expended and also see how we are destroying this planet. And the sightings are increasing dramatically and it won't be long before our creators are fed up with us and destroy us like the dinosaurs. Oh and these creators work closely with the higher power. The Illumanati, Free Masons, they all exist. The demons aren't what we think they are. They are actually the aliens, the creators. And I also believe there humanoid aliens out there. Mostly the people of high power. Obama isn't the freaking Anti-Christ, he's a freaking alien or works with them. You know what. I'm going to stop. My head is pounding now, but you get my drift tho. Hell this could make a good movie... maybe not

Occam's Razor dictates that UFO's are either natural phenomena, or human created objects, that's why. Or as put in the medical field, to describe a common illness displaying uncommon symptoms over an uncommon disease showing common symptoms: when you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebras.

Odds are very much in favour of UFO's being human or natural. Because:

1. Space is BIG. Really big. Like bigger than you can even think of. What's even worse is, on the very large scales, ie. the interstellar scale, it looks the same in all directions. So, unless you were seeking out Earth specifically, the odds of finding a solar system with life on it are as equally likely as us going to the middle of nowhere in the universe, pointing at any star we see and finding life.

2. The problems that arise when you account for the evolution of another species, because:

1. A world must form within the habitable zone of a star that will live long enough to harbour life.
2. Abiogenesis must occur.
3. Life must evolve.
4. Life must entirely master space travel.
5. Life must discover Earth, and discover if inhabited, or habitable (so perhaps similar to us).
6. Life must then fund and create missions to Earth, and decide how it is to be carried out (because the aliens would have a bureaucracy too).

All of these are very hard to have occur as it is, and having them all occur is obviously much harder.

3. Why haven't we ever seen any good proof? We have so many cameras in the world and the best people manage to snap is a blur on a crappy C19th camera.

I believe in the possibility of life somewhere else in the universe, whether it's actually intelligent or not, is a whole different story.

Skeptical means rational and factual, to know or doubt rather than to asume.

And the rational and factual data sugest that there is squat evidence of aliens visiting us.

And the anecdotal evidence doesnt sugest aliens at all, that idea is forced by cultural context.

Occam's Razor dictates that UFO's are either natural phenomena, or human created objects, that's why. Or as put in the medical field, to describe a common illness displaying uncommon symptoms over an uncommon disease showing common symptoms: when you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebras.

Odds are very much in favour of UFO's being human or natural. Because:

1. Space is BIG. Really big. Like bigger than you can even think of. What's even worse is, on the very large scales, ie. the interstellar scale, it looks the same in all directions. So, unless you were seeking out Earth specifically, the odds of finding a solar system with life on it are as equally likely as us going to the middle of nowhere in the universe, pointing at any star we see and finding life.

2. The problems that arise when you account for the evolution of another species, because:

1. A world must form within the habitable zone of a star that will live long enough to harbour life.
2. Abiogenesis must occur.
3. Life must evolve.
4. Life must entirely master space travel.
5. Life must discover Earth, and discover if inhabited, or habitable (so perhaps similar to us).
6. Life must then fund and create missions to Earth, and decide how it is to be carried out (because the aliens would have a bureaucracy too).

All of these are very hard to have occur as it is, and having them all occur is obviously much harder.

3. Why haven't we ever seen any good proof? We have so many cameras in the world and the best people manage to snap is a blur on a crappy C19th camera.

You could have spared us all that and just written "pics or it didn't happen".

But what if... and this is going to sound crazy and ridiculous. What if the Aliens or some other extraterrestrial beings created us? They are these advance species and they wanted to create their own species that took on their image but not quite.

See,I'd believe this. The "aliens" people claim to have seen have always looked like humanoids. I've always thought that they were a more advanced species of human.
Now,I'm not a huge UFO believer,but...I will say what others have already said. We live in such a huge universe. We'd be pretty stupid to think that we humans are the only forms of intelligent life out there.

Technically we'd be a less evolved species of alien. Going by prometheus.

Anyone familiar with this case? After their encounter Barney's life changed forever. He became alcoholic and distanced himself from the rest humanity. I don't think they faked this story. Barney and Betty were a pretty well respected couple to their community.
Betty and Barney Hill Abduction, 1961
[YT]pFZt0Z0u5Uc[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFZt0Z0u5Uc

Alien body 6" tall being studied by scientists.

http://divinecosmos.com/start-here/davids-blog/1125-disclosure-storm?fb_action_ids=10151630782043134&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

Dr. Garry Nolan tested the DNA and found many anomalies in its genetic code, as we see -- but he stopped short of giving the ultimate "money shot" that could be used to destroy him on television.

In fact, Dr. Nolan clearly states there are many things he would like to say about this being, but felt he could not -- at this time.

It is very, very strange to him that the being looks so different than a normal human, and yet shares so many similarities with our own DNA.
LET'S REVIEW

We have some of the top geneticists in the world on record now, saying the following:

This specimen is NOT a fake.

This specimen IS biological.

It is NOT an "immature spider monkey."

This specimen DOES have humanlike DNA.

This DNA does NOT entirely match normal human DNA -- but is similar.

This specimen DOES have very distinct differences from normal human life.
STANFORD UNIVERSITY JOINS THE BATTLE

The most exciting new information in the film was how top scientists at Stanford University have now successfully analyzed, DNA-sampled and DNA-tested this humanoid specimen.

As it turns out, it IS biological. We now have absolute proof, from leading world experts, that this being was a living, six-inch-tall humanoid organism.

Dr. Garry Nolan, the Director of Stem Cell Biology at Stanford, was willing to risk possible harassment, career ruin or even assassination to conduct the tests and determine what the Atacama humanoid may be -- and / or what it is not.

Last edited:
"UFOs" are real. They are Unidentified Flying Objects. The evidence of these flying objects is incontrovertible. You know what I hate, people could have the most authentic footage of flying crafts and people would dismiss it as CGI. Why is that? I mean the footage is there. There's freaking something flying and hovering around. And there are thousands of these videos. Why would all these people take the time to fake it.

Now what UFOs actually are, nobody really knows except the high powered Government. Besides I don't see nothing implausible about a advanced life form in the Universe. As big as it is?? Really. You see that's the problem with Humans, we don't accept our limitations and we think we know every damn thing this universe has to offer us. We can't even explore past Mars yet. We managed shot a robot on there that took what?.. 25 years? Sure we can take pictures of these planets and stuff but we can't actually explore them. There's probably millions and millions of elements we know not about. Energy sources we know not about. Hell there be something out there more advanced then the 3-dimensional world we live in. We wouldn't even know how to discover it.

What's funny, I find Samuel L. Jackson's line from the Boondocks to be some true and makes so much sense.

"The absence of evidence, isn't the evidence of absence... just because you don't have evidence that something does exists, doesn't mean you have the evidence that something doesn't exist... There are known knows, and there are known unknows, but there also unknown unknows, things we don't know that we don't know."

Greatest line ever and it makes sense to me. This Universe is supposed to be bigger than our minds could comprehend or even illustrate in our mind. It supposed to expand indefinitely right? How do you explore something so complex? We have no idea what's out there. Or do they? Maybe the highest people in the government knows. Of course they'll keep the truth from us, nothing new.

But what if... and this is going to sound crazy and ridiculous. What if the Aliens or some other extraterrestrial beings created us? They are these advance species and they wanted to create their own species that took on their image but not quite. They tried with dinosaurs...failed. So they destroyed them. So they created the humans and they give us a little intelligence but also huge limitations because they fear if we gain the same intelligence as them we could challenge them. So they visit us over the years and years of sightings to check our progress and they see how much our brains are expended and also see how we are destroying this planet. And the sightings are increasing dramatically and it won't be long before our creators are fed up with us and destroy us like the dinosaurs. Oh and these creators work closely with the higher power. The Illumanati, Free Masons, they all exist. The demons aren't what we think they are. They are actually the aliens, the creators. And I also believe there humanoid aliens out there. Mostly the people of high power. Obama isn't the freaking Anti-Christ, he's a freaking alien or works with them. You know what. I'm going to stop. My head is pounding now, but you get my drift tho. Hell this could make a good movie... maybe not

I somewhat agree with the bold parts. What are your thoughts about the Reptilians? Do think they are the ones you mention working close with the US government? I have heard some creepy theories that many people that get missing around the world, actually get abducted from Reptilians and Greys to become a meal. Gross. I hope that's not a reality.

I have never read anything remotely credible about "Reptilians". Sounds like a load of nonsense to me (like the illuminati).

As for the Hills case, it is pretty significant, even if you've never heard of it. It's where basically all the alien abduction tropes come from. Missing time, Greys, medical examination, etc, all date back to that case.

What I found most interesting about that case was that the air force apparently tracked an unknown on radar in the vicinity of where the Hills claimed they were abducted. That same night no less. Something the Hills obviously had no way of knowing. That would explain why it was investigated, while most other abduction claims got ignored.

*Ahem*

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/alien-looking-skeleton-stumps-scientists-article-1.1333635

"While the jury is out regarding the mutations that cause the deformity, and there is a real discrepancy in how we account for the apparent age of the bones … every nucleotide I've been able to look at is human," Garry Nolan, professor of microbiology and immunology at the Stanford University School of Medicine, told LiveScience. "I've only scratched the surface in the analysis. But there is nothing that jumps out so far as to scream 'nonhuman.'"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"