Why are people so skeptical of UFO's?

I have never read anything remotely credible about "Reptilians". Sounds like a load of nonsense to me (like the illuminati).

As for the Hills case, it is pretty significant, even if you've never heard of it. It's where basically all the alien abduction tropes come from. Missing time, Greys, medical examination, etc, all date back to that case.

What I found most interesting about that case was that the air force apparently tracked an unknown on radar in the vicinity of where the Hills claimed they were abducted. That same night no less. Something the Hills obviously had no way of knowing. That would explain why it was investigated, while most other abduction claims got ignored.

I remain sceptic also but you can never know for sure..Everything is possible. Personally I don't accept everything but i don't reject anything. Actually that tv show "V" depicted Reptilians in a great capacity. I imagine that's how they would operate if they were real.
I don't remember the air force tracking. Interesting indeed.
What about the crop circles guys..? I can't believe these perfect and complex designs are all man made in just a few hours.

Personally I don't accept everything but i don't reject anything.
When you really get down to it, this is a useless philosophy.

And then it's followed by this:

"What about the crop circles guys..? I can't believe these perfect and complex designs are all man made in just a few hours."

A thought ive toyed with is, our planet or quadrant of space could be like one of those backwater dirt roads you end up on if you miss a turn. Doesn't have a name and doesn't show up on a map. No one thinks its worth the time of day. It could be near a naturally occurring hyperspace lane/wormhole and sometimes a craft pops up in our atmosphere by mistake. Something like that could explain the mundane cases and the way the crafts just fly around and disappear. They come out in our atmosphere and think "oh crap this isnt where I want to be" fly around til they get there instruments back in order then zapp off towards their destination.

i like this theory.

When you really get down to it, this is a useless philosophy.

And then it's followed by this:

"What about the crop circles guys..? I can't believe these perfect and complex designs are all man made in just a few hours."

Um but that's how it is subjectively. Discovery is an ongoing process and always evolving. There is no static knowledge and everything is subjected to reinterpretation that's why I don't want to be forced in choosing sides of opinions. That's how I feel personally.
About the crops I said that i "believe" not all of them are man made.

Last edited:
Yeah I am aware of that. And the study is ongoing and no final result is out yet. But still I just don't buy the mutation thing. I mean come on look at it's head, the eyes and lips. And what kind of mutation would produce such a human?
Are you at all familiar with the field of developmental biology?

Alex_Spider said:
And even if it did that poor fellow would have died the moment he was born.
Here's an idea: is it possible that this little person was maintained in the womb for an extended period?

Are you at all familiar with the field of developmental biology?

Here's an idea: is it possible that this little person was maintained in the womb for an extended period?

No I am not familiar.
What do you mean he was maintained in the womb for 6 years that his life lasted?

Um but that's how it is subjectively. Discovery is an ongoing process and always evolving. There is no static knowledge and everything is subjected to reinterpretation that's why I don't want to be forced in choosing sides of opinions. That's how I feel personally.
That's all well and good, but that doesn't make the philosophy useful.

Alex_Spider said:
About the crops I said that i "believe" not all of them are man made.
...does that belief not constitute a rejection of the idea that all crop circles are man-made?

That's all well and good, but that doesn't make the philosophy useful.

...does that belief not constitute a rejection of the idea that all crop circles are man-made?

But thing is I don't care if it's useful or not. Works perfect for me.
Ok wrong choice of word. I don't "believe". I "Think", "Speculate", "Imagine".

But thing is I don't care if it's useful or not. Works perfect for me.
You say it "works" for you, but that's kind of the point: it's not actually doing anything. It's not "working" in any real sense of the word.

You say it "works" for you, but that's kind of the point: it's not actually doing anything. It's not "working" in any real sense of the word.

Ok now that we clarified this, what's your point? Should I be ashamed for that? Or get arrested because It's not "working" in any real sense of the word?

My grandmother has always been interested in UFOs. She's read a ton of books on the subject and I once even went to an author talk (can't recall who) on the subject with her. I've heard all the theories and I've come to the conclusion that it'd be small minded of us to think we're alone in the whole universe but I also don't think those other life forms are coming here to probe us or whatever. Possible, not probable. I'd sooner believe the government or even private corporations are responsible for much of the phenomena or family abuse that the brain warped into "aliens". JMHO

Are UFOs ever seen in any country outside of the US?

Are UFOs ever seen in any country outside of the US?
Yes. The USA is hardly the only location of UFO activity, nor is the mid 1900s the start of sightings - they've been seen all throughout history; though its been hard to separate myth from fact, there are countless credible historical accounts (Columbus and his crew seeing a massive ball of light rocket out of the ocean and fly off is one example).

My own conclusions on the nature of ufos has yet to been reached, but it's all incredibly interesting. I think it's likely that life exists in some capacity in the universe, but it reaching a point in its evolution that it could travel across space to visit us is another thing entirely. Not impossible, but improbable (however the sheet vastness of space might make that improbability less than we often give credit). That being said, the points being argued here against the reasons why aliens would or would not visit are, in my mind, quite dubious. It places an enormous amount of credit on the notion that alien life is basically human in its thought process, culture, biology...its evolution in general. This, in my mind is ludicrous and it is ENTIRELY short sighted and illogical to anthropomorphize extraterrestrial life in such a way.

People have a difficulty believing what they can't see with their own two eyes. And anything in the unknown they perceive as "dangerous," so their minds will typically not want to believe it's real because it makes them whether subconsciously or consciously uneasy.

Personally believe and similarly don't know how others can't. Astronauts, presidents, and recently even the Prime Minister (!) have come straight out and forward with it. I think the only conspiracy is that there is this vast conspiracy because a lot in high powered rankings have already gone on record surprisingly.

If it's true that extraterrestrials are visiting earth, why don't they just announce themselves?

If it's true that extraterrestrials are visiting earth, why don't they just announce themselves?

Because they know we'll tear ourselves apart if they do. Humanity isn't ready

Religious groups will go crazy
Governments will get paranoid and start making weapons
Society and everything about it will be broken.

They have, eons ago. :cwink:

Aliens is just another word for Gods.

The people from the past did things we're still not able to understand.

caveufo.jpg

UFO's aren't a new thing, we've known about them since the beginning of man.

I think the question would be - why aren't they interacting with us like they possibly have in the past?

It's almost like you have a book only to discover the whole middle chapter is missing.

Can't they just flaunt their phased plasma rifles?

"If you humans don't behave we'll vaporize you".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"