Why, Raimi? Why?

James"007"Bond said:
So what? Is cameron the only other director out there better than Raimi? I dont think so. One doesn't have to be a fan to get something right. If one makes themself knowledgable in something, it stands to reason that he or she has the capability to carry out a task relating to the subject matter in which he or she has studied. That being said, there is plenty of talent out there that would smack the crap out of the mediocre spidey movies we've got so far and when its time for the inevitable recast, you will know this. We all know Raimi is a huge fan yet imo Raimi with all his geekyness and powers that he holds with these movies failed to catapault my interest and excitement upon viweing both movies, to be fair I think the spidey movies are c- grade movies as comic book adaptations but thats my God given opinion. However, what is fact is, Raimi, Maguire and co are NOT the be all to end all combo of these movies.

I agree you dont have to be knowledgeable of a comic from the begining to make a good comic book film. But i do feel that some times the fan in you can make you do stupid crap. All of us as fans know had we been in the directors chair we would all make a zillion different versions of the same comic. Think about it there the same all over the country issue 234 is the same in ny as it is in la. But we all would want to put our own input and our own ideas. Samarami done good with the first 2 this one may be great too. But from my stand point i feel venom is being pushed out to early and some fans are responsible

Spider-Bite said:
being knowledgable isn't enough. you have to consider the term "creative juices flowing" if you aren't a fan of the original comic book, then you aren't going to be capable of making a good movie based off of the comic book, because the creative juices wont flow. You wont be all excited and into it. You wont care about it if you weren't a fan. you still fail to consider that these movies are the diamonds in the rough. So how can you sit and say "there are far better choices out there" We already got those choices and they produced my list. Only one out of so many directors could have made these movies and we got that one. They replace Raimi and these movies will suck big time.

We got the best comic book movies of all time from Raimi, and you guys are still complaining? STILL? I mean geez what more do you want? The best of all time isn't good enough? That's like Bill Gates complaining that he doesn't have enough money, or Michael Jordan complaining that he didn't have enough championships or the Beatles complaining that they didn't sell enough records.

I mean geez people.

I must diagree cus as much as i hate that harry potter crap they have changed directors and there franchise is doing great. You cant honestly belive that all the directors are fans of the book...and on a side note the beatles didnt sell enough records...

Spawn187 said:
I agree you dont have to be knowledgeable of a comic from the begining to make a good comic book film. But i do feel that some times the fan in you can make you do stupid crap. All of us as fans know had we been in the directors chair we would all make a zillion different versions of the same comic. Think about it there the same all over the country issue 234 is the same in ny as it is in la. But we all would want to put our own input and our own ideas. Samarami done good with the first 2 this one may be great too. But from my stand point i feel venom is being pushed out to early and some fans are responsible

If any one of us on these boards made the spider-man movies there would be just as many complaints and probably more. we each got our own spider-man and we each related to him a different way. He's the every man hero.

I remember when the first movie came out. All the reviews said it was extremely close to the source material. I'm sure at first the boards all said the same thing. people just like to complain sometimes because it makes them feel big or something.

Spawn187 said:
I must diagree cus as much as i hate that harry potter crap they have changed directors and there franchise is doing great. You cant honestly belive that all the directors are fans of the book...and on a side note the beatles didnt sell enough records...

They didn't? If you add MIchael Jackson's solo records with his Jackson 5 records he's the biggest selling artist of all time. If you only count his solo records he's the second biggest artist of all time, and second only to the Beatles.

Harry Potter is not Spider-Man. IF you get another director he will change everything.

Spider-Bite said:
If any one of us on these boards made the spider-man movies there would be just as many complaints and probably more. we each got our own spider-man and we each related to him a different way. He's the every man hero.

I remember when the first movie came out. All the reviews said it was extremely close to the source material. I'm sure at first the boards all said the same thing. people just like to complain sometimes because it makes them feel big or something.

Couldn't of said it better... you can't make everyone happy... and no movie can be perfect... it's just not possible... the movies are separate from the comics so take it for wat it is... overall a very exciting franchise that really couldn't be much better than what they are right now...

Spider-Bite said:

i dont think its a matter of feeling big its more of a matter of being a fan. just like sports fans feel like there part of the team when the reds win fans walk around feeling like the 10th man on the field screaming we won we won.. not that there is anything wrong with that but that is why peopl ecomplain they feel its thier's and noone but them should talk or touch it.

Spider-Bite said:
They didn't? If you add MIchael Jackson's solo records with his Jackson 5 records he's the biggest selling artist of all time. If you only count his solo records he's the second biggest artist of all time, and second only to the Beatles.

Harry Potter is not Spider-Man. IF you get another director he will change everything.

Well the Funk brothers sold more records than the beatles, elvis, and beach boys combine. they were the sound of motown for more info check out "Standing in the shadow of motown" on DVD...:)

Spawn187 said:
Well the Funk brothers sold more records than the beatles, elvis, and beach boys combine. they were the sound of motown for more info check out "Standing in the shadow of motown" on DVD...:)

That's not true. That really isn't. Elvis was big in America but on a worldwide scale MIchael Jackson and The Beatles are in their own league with whoever the third person is being way, way, way back there looking like a fly compared to them.

on a side note if it wasn't for child abuse allegations most likely Michael jackson's solo career would have eventually left the Beatles in the dust. Even when his skin was white, nose falling off, and everybody convinced he was gay, his Dangerous album was selling so fast that industry experts predicted it was going to become the worlds biggest selling album of all time knocking his Thriller to worldwide second place. About a year into it's release when it was still selling at record paces the allegations came out, and it killed it. At that time he hadn't even made videos for the album's best songs, and the videos were always his biggest attraction.

Spawn187 said:
i dont think its a matter of feeling big its more of a matter of being a fan. just like sports fans feel like there part of the team when the reds win fans walk around feeling like the 10th man on the field screaming we won we won.. not that there is anything wrong with that but that is why peopl ecomplain they feel its thier's and noone but them should talk or touch it.

that's a good analyzation actually.

am I the only one here who was having major problems getting on here this morning and last night?

This is the second time i've seen MJ (the other MJ) and two separate threads.... just kinda amusing.... but back to the topic.... i overall can honestly say that I am not all that concerned about the quality of this movie based on what we know up to this point... The movies have been good up to this point, but it is pointless to beg for major changes at this juncture... Tobey is what he is, Dunst is what she is, and Raimi is what he is and if people can't accept that... then they will be suprised with SM3, whether for the better or worse...

Spider-Bite said:
That's not true. That really isn't. Elvis was big in America but on a worldwide scale MIchael Jackson and The Beatles are in their own league with whoever the third person is being way, way, way back there looking like a fly compared to them.

on a side note if it wasn't for child abuse allegations most likely Michael jackson's solo career would have eventually left the Beatles in the dust. Even when his skin was white, nose falling off, and everybody convinced he was gay, his Dangerous album was selling so fast that industry experts predicted it was going to become the biggest selling album of all time knocking Thriller to second place. About a year into it's release when it was still selling at record paces the allegations came out, and it killed it. At that time he hadn't even made videos for the album's best songs, and the videos were always his biggest attraction.

Motown music is heard all over the world. I am not talkin gabout the funk brothers solo stuff i am talking about everthing the have done with marvin gaye, gladys kinght, barry white, steve wonder,etc. etc. theres a book too if you dont want to check out the movie i will try to find it to give you the title if your intrested and i PM you with it. Wow we got way off topic.

No we can never get back on topic. Nevvveeeeerrrrrr! :)

So what you guys think about the Bush administration supporting the sharing of nuclear technology with India who happens to be training Iran's military, who we happen to be drawing up plans for war with to stop them from getting nuclear technology?

Spawn187 said:
Motown music is heard all over the world. I am not talkin gabout the funk brothers solo stuff i am talking about everthing the have done with marvin gaye, gladys kinght, barry white, steve wonder,etc. etc. theres a book too if you dont want to check out the movie i will try to find it to give you the title if your intrested and i PM you with it. Wow we got way off topic.

I know what Motwon is. It created Michael Jackson. I never heard of the funk brothers. but just so you know MOtown is a record company. not a music artist.

no need to PM me anything, I'll just check it out through the internet. thanks though.

Hey I don't like a lot of what raimi does or how the story seems to have been set up but but but but there's still hope.... maybe...

but I'll finally put a bullet in my brain when topher builds mechanical webshooters after he becomes Venom. I promise.

DroolingforGwen said:
This is the second time i've seen MJ (the other MJ) and two separate threads.... just kinda amusing.... but back to the topic.... i overall can honestly say that I am not all that concerned about the quality of this movie based on what we know up to this point... The movies have been good up to this point, but it is pointless to beg for major changes at this juncture... Tobey is what he is, Dunst is what she is, and Raimi is what he is and if people can't accept that... then they will be suprised with SM3, whether for the better or worse...

Wouldnt it be funny after you posted that when the movie is finally out and your sitting down in the chair popcorn in hand and befor the opening credits the voice from moviefone says "and tonight playing the role of Mary Jane Watson. Topher Grace. And playing the part of Aunt May a Cat that can juggle.lol

dude venom has so much potential....he's not just some cheesy guy with a plan to take over the world or whatever.....he's a scary ass monster who wants nothing but to tear spidey apart. I almost am tempted to say I don't want him to be like he is in the comics...I want nothing more than a scary killing monster, almost like doomsday from superman. He has no corporation to run, no sun making thingee to build, he justs wants to kill spiderman! HE IS THE PERFECT BAD GUY and he's unlike any bad guy we've ever seen on screen.

Spawn187 said:
What if they approach it another way like if conners was already changing to the lizard before pete goes to conners for help with some crap and doesnt know why his spidey sense goes off around him.???

Well that could work. I imagine it as Peter noticing something wrong with doc conners throughout the movie during the day while at night he battles the mysterious lizard-man. then of course, later it is revealed who the lizard is. :up::) good thinking.

Galactical said:
Well that could work. I imagine it as Peter noticing something wrong with doc conners throughout the movie during the day while at night he battles the mysterious lizard-man. then of course, later it is revealed who the lizard is. :up::) good thinking.

I guess. :) thanks:up:

pucky said:
dude venom has so much potential....he's not just some cheesy guy with a plan to take over the world or whatever.....he's a scary ass monster who wants nothing but to tear spidey apart. I almost am tempted to say I don't want him to be like he is in the comics...I want nothing more than a scary killing monster, almost like doomsday from superman. He has no corporation to run, no sun making thingee to build, he justs wants to kill spiderman! HE IS THE PERFECT BAD GUY and he's unlike any bad guy we've ever seen on screen.

He has potential, but you didn't describe any in your post. Not only that but the description you gave is of the very boring kind of villain which have been in movies countless times.

Can you say Bane? horrible Batman movie?

I'm posting this here cause i didnt get any replies in the other thread... it's
been talked about a million times... but if the spoilers were correct and Venom indeed dies (Brock's Version atleast) I'm not saying it's a good idea... but maybe it can work:

Let's say Sandman fights Spidey... Spidey gets symbiate to ward off Sandman... Spidey notices changes in his personality... gets rid of suit... Brock finds it... Kills Sandman and becomes new hero of the city after being fired from the Bugle... then goes beserk... Harry kills Brock at end.... Symbiate escapes.... i know it's far fetched... but if Brock is indeed dying... it might work...

Spider-Bite said:
being knowledgable isn't enough. you have to consider the term "creative juices flowing" if you aren't a fan of the original comic book, then you aren't going to be capable of making a good movie based off of the comic book, because the creative juices wont flow. You wont be all excited and into it. You wont care about it if you weren't a fan. you still fail to consider that these movies are the diamonds in the rough. So how can you sit and say "there are far better choices out there" We already got those choices and they produced my list. Only one out of so many directors could have made these movies and we got that one. They replace Raimi and these movies will suck big time.

We got the best comic book movies of all time from Raimi, and you guys are still complaining? STILL? I mean geez what more do you want? The best of all time isn't good enough? That's like Bill Gates complaining that he doesn't have enough money, or Michael Jordan complaining that he didn't have enough championships or the Beatles complaining that they didn't sell enough records.

I mean geez people.

The hell you talking about? So your essentially saying that you need to be a fan in order to make a good spider-man movie?? How absurd. What s ironic is, Raimi claims to be a fan yet the spider-man movies are riddled with innacuracies, poor attempts at impressing me, someone who's been reading the comics for 18 years and all in all, Raimi has managed to produce 2 mediocre flicks undershadowed by the movies' own hype. Please, you must think a director must be a fan or appreciate the fact that there are sick, twisted individuals to make films about. I suppose you think we need more serial killers for hollywood to draw inspiration from to make better horror movies.
Anybody who knows what spider-man is about and the characters involved and who has the directing skills to make a good movie can direct a spidey movie, simple as. Your logic is horrendously flawed and thats what you need to realise. People like you give Avi Arad a reason to wake up every morning and decide to green-light stupid ideas like, a magneto movie.

Furthermore, look at Goyer, he's fan of blade but look at blade 3. A total crapfest. Fix up dude.

James"007"Bond said:
The hell you talking about? So your essentially saying that you need to be a fan in order to make a good spider-man movie?? How absurd. What s ironic is, Raimi claims to be a fan yet the spider-man movies are riddled with innacuracies, poor attempts at impressing me, someone who's been reading the comics for 18 years and all in all, Raimi has managed to produce 2 mediocre flicks undershadowed by the movies' own hype. Please, you must think a director must be a fan or appreciate the fact that there are sick, twisted individuals to make films about. I suppose you think we need more serial killers for hollywood to draw inspiration from to make better horror movies.
Anybody who knows what spider-man is about and the characters involved and who has the directing skills to make a good movie can direct a spidey movie, simple as. Your logic is horrendously flawed and thats what you need to realise. People like you give Avi Arad a reason to wake up every morning and decide to green-light stupid ideas like, a magneto movie.

Furthermore, look at Goyer, he's fan of blade but look at blade 3. A total crapfest. Fix up dude.

those directors wont make a movie anything like the comic book was. that's the point. they would turn everything upside down. PROFESSIONAL movie critics and audiences all over the world have praised these movies as the best of the best. It's already set to be the biggest franchise of all time by the time it ends.

If Venom is the other villian, They will have Sandman and GG2 for most of the movie. Spiderman will need the symbiote to defeat those two villians. But Spiderman will force the symbiote away after it almost makes him kill Harry, then the symbiote will fall into Brock's hands which sets up SM4....or at least thats how I would do it.:spidey:

I wouldn't worry about Venom too much. I'm pretty confident he'll only be revealed at the very end of the movie leading up to Spider-Man 4.

This movie will focus on the Green Goblin 2 and Sandman.

Venom sets up part 4.

:spidey:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"