Why Venom Fans Didn't Like Venom

Yah, it could've sensed Parker's powers, as Arcturus mentioned, but I think the symbiote, like pretty much every alien in any movie, is selfish; so in that way, perhaps it wanted to corrupt the happy Peter Parker and get him to hate everyone and have everyone hate him. Look at the negative effect; he was a jerk and didn't care about anyone, even trying to kill Sandman and Harry.

Again, Raimi should've explained this...but you can just add this to all the other things.

What other selfish aliens are there?

I love Venom. He might well be my favorite villain of all time. So why didn't I love him in the movie? I think I finally figured it out. Eddie Brock wasn't huge. He wasn't a body builder like in the comics. And for those that want to argue he wasn't that big to begin with...

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Brock,_Eddie

6 foot 3, 260 pounds. He's a big guy.

That's one of the reasons I didn't like Venom. Never has a character been ripped so unfaithfully from comic-book to screen.

Aliens, Predators, aliens from Signs, aliens from Independence Days....

Decepticons.

The giant mofo in The Day The Earth Stood Still.

The Giant mofo from Cloverfield (forgive me if it has been mentioned), Greys, Evil mofos from Stargate.

The Giant mofo from Cloverfield
The Cloverfield monster came from the deep ocean.
spoilers in case
The thing falling out of the sky was a satellite that woke it up, viral marketing explained this.

Also there was a cloverfield prequel magna that came out after the movie, that shows there are hundreds of eggs in the ocean.

The Cloverfield monster came from the deep ocean.
spoilers in case
The thing falling out of the sky was a satellite that woke it up, viral marketing explained this.

Also there was a cloverfield prequel magna that came out after the movie, that shows there are hundreds of eggs in the ocean.

:woot: :woot: :woot: Prequel Manga? :dashes off to: Wait, where do they sell it?

^???

The symbiote is always attracted to Peter; it isn't brain science to figure out why Raimi had the meteorite land so close to Peter.

The Symbiote is always attracted to Peter, but it can't be attracted to him in the first place if it never met him... :dry:

Aliens, Predators, aliens from Signs, aliens from Independence Days....

Decepticons.

The giant mofo in The Day The Earth Stood Still.

I had a feeling you were gonna mention day the earth stood still. Humans are the selfish ones! We sell out the planet and our childrens futures to live easy in the present.

and When aliens arrive to negociate, we go off on an ego trip and greet them with hostility.

I like the way it was done in the SSM cartoon. The symbiote is brought to earth and taken to Connor's lab to study. A break in occurs(Black Cat)and Spider-man comes to investigate. During the fight the symbiote is released and attaches itself to Spidey. Perfect.
Only in Spider-man 3,it could've been that Peter was at school late studying the symbiote when the New Goblin attacks and in the fight the symbiote finds Peter. I think that would've worked alot better than what actually was filmed.

I liked the 90's version better. John Jameson (who was introduced in spiderman 2) unknowingly retrieves the symbiote on an asteroid. On reentry It causes them to crashland the shuttle on the washington bridge. The scene was impressive for the times cartoons... everyone abandons their cars, as the shuttle crushes them and comes to a stop leaning over the edge of the bridge.

Spiderman rocks up, pulls the astronauts out but falls over the edge of the bridge inside the shuttle after investigating a noise. Later we see him crawling out from the water covered in black sludge that he mistakes for hudson river pollution.

I still think the secret wars is the best way to introduce such a bizarre life-form as the symbiote, but the shuttle story works quickly.

and the spiderman 3 version was just lazy

Very true. You can even say that about the Venom/Sandman team up and the whole scene where the butler tells Harry about his father. There were alot of lazy moments.
As for the cartoon,like I said I prefer the SSM's version of the symbiote,but both that and the 90's toon' handled it great.

The Symbiote is always attracted to Peter, but it can't be attracted to him in the first place if it never met him... :dry:

Parker's special abilities is what is usually the case within TAS and TSSM. And then for Spider-Man 3, the symbiote could've been attracted to Peter's powers or that he was on such a high level of happiness...it could have sickened the symbiote. The meteor landed so close to Parker's moped-whatever, so that was probably why the symbiote was attracted so quickly to him.

I had a feeling you were gonna mention day the earth stood still. Humans are the selfish ones! We sell out the planet and our childrens futures to live easy in the present.

and When aliens arrive to negociate, we go off on an ego trip and greet them with hostility.

When the movie turned out to be a pro-global warming movie, then I think the characters, producers, director, writers, everyone were selfish and villains in the movie. The first movie was never a "preaching" film. I got done watching it and it disgusted me. Did not wanna watch a movie Al Gore probably loved.

I don't think they can prove global warming is caused by humans. But surely you can see how a superior race might take us for dangerous savages. The atom bomb is what aliens would really be concerned about, not our cars and mcdonalds cups. Radiation can leave land dead and useless. Maybe theyd value the planet more than we do.

Parker's special abilities is what is usually the case within TAS and TSSM. And then for Spider-Man 3, the symbiote could've been attracted to Peter's powers or that he was on such a high level of happiness...it could have sickened the symbiote. The meteor landed so close to Parker's moped-whatever, so that was probably why the symbiote was attracted so quickly to him.

When the movie turned out to be a pro-global warming movie, then I think the characters, producers, director, writers, everyone were selfish and villains in the movie. The first movie was never a "preaching" film. I got done watching it and it disgusted me. Did not wanna watch a movie Al Gore probably loved.
I put all that together just from the trailers. That's also why I didn't go see it when I planned on it. I'm not about to pay 10 bucks so I can be preached to.

I didn't like Venom because he wasn't well developed at all. I wasn't against Topher playing Eddie. He seemed like a dark Peter Parker which i think was interesting. It's just that his transition from slimy photographer to villainess Venom was rather abrupt. What's even worse is that he wanted to team up with Sandman to take out Spider-man. Since when does Venom need help beating up Spider-man? And then he even says that he likes being bad. Venom doesn't consider himself a bad guy.

I thought Venom looked really cool, and I liked what I saw of him, but I wish they did a lot more in terms of development.

I knew this movie was going to be a bit flawed once I knew there were going to be 3 villains in it. Part of the reason why 1 & 2 were great was due to there only a handful of characters and all had ample time to be developed. With 3, we threw in Gwen, Marko, and Brock. We didn't have time to see really anything happen with any of the new characters without it being forced.

I would def use Venom in the movie still, but I would've made some drastic changes:

Intro:

-Symbiote comes from space via John.
--Spidey gets John out of the crash. Symbiote attaches itself to Peter.
--John injured and goes into the hospital.
--Attacked by the New Goblin (could probably work it into the space shuttle thing)

The Darkness Rising:
-Mary Jane shows concern over John and it gets to Peter.
--JJJ is pissed bc John's fiancee is with Peter. Hires Brock.
--New Goblin still terrorizing, but with the suit Peter is being more menacing towards Harry.

Then basically go from there. Have Brock and Peter begin this feuding relationship. Peter has the suit and is making bad choices because he feeds the negative emotion, but Brock is able to keep up, which shows how evil he is (no suit needed for him). Eventually just have Brock go too far and harm Peter's Job and MJ, forcing Peter to disband to suit and do something good. He looses the suit and Brock gets it...the symbiote's hate and brocks merge to create venom.

Have Peter goto Harry for help. Harry refuses, but then decides to go because Peter is his friend. No butler needed. It'd just be New Goblin and Spidey vs Venom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"