Why Venom Fans Didn't Like Venom

Well said.
icon14.gif

Seriously, Topher Grace had body of Carnage, not Venom.

thanks man

Don't let the three villains cloud all of your judgment regarding Spider-Man 3...give some to Peter...Spider-Man DOESN'T let a villain fly away. Raimi-Spidey does though.

well i'll always love spidey, hes definetly one of my fave superheroes
but a bad movie of that character does make it harder to love 'em. I dont like raimis spiderman after 3 also for the reason that hes still the geeky kid spidey, i don't feel like ive seen any maturity or growth in peter parker since the first movie. and of course the emo scene was a travesty

What was emo about it?

He was confident, sarcastic and flirtatious. People would love emos if they were more like that.

The 'emo' part would be him swaying his head to the side to get the hair out of his eyes...the 'emo' part would be how his eyes looked like they had eyeliner during the Jazz scene.

That would be emo...I mean...they should've just had X's on his hands, lol(and yes, I put "straight-edge", gothics and emo kids in one category...the ignorant one.)

Now one could say...look at the Mayor in TDK, he had eyeliner...yes, he did...but not as an 'emo' effect, it was to make his eyes more intense.

i also don't think the way the raimi peter parker is, even the symbiotic version of him would'nt go so far as to actually hit mary jane

Movie Venom, for starters; their was Little Character Development and they rushed him in the movie. Then, they don't even really give you hope that he'll be in another movie as they blow him up... huge mistake.

Topher was fine as Brook, not having a Body Builder Venom hurt, but how many BBers out there can act? I much rather see a Pro play the part than some Blockhead butchering it. Besides, when Topher turned into Venom he looked and felt bigger and strong than Peter anyway, so that part of Venom was achieved.

Now, I liked the Movie until they brought Venom into it; The Sandman was doing a great Job at being the main Villian... we had good development and he was quite the challenge for even a Blacksuited Spidey. But, as soon as the Suit transfered to Topher, the movie went into too high of a gear; gave up on its story and they rushed us a final fight.
It should of slowed a little, we could of had a final fight between the 4; Venom could of killed Harry... but they should of left it where Venom beats Peter badly and just leaves him with Peter realizing that hes meet his strongest foe ever. Then they could of done thier thing with the Sandman floating off, maybe even have the sandman preventing Peter's death... whatever. They should of left us some hope that Venom would be back in someway.

It was NEVER REMOTELY about Brock's body size for me. It was just about the fact that Venom himself was just completely cheesy and blatantly unscary (he looked pretty awesome though, to Raimi's credit..). They didn't explore Brock's relationship with the symbiote, he had a human voice rather than a freaky alien one, he acted obnoxious and child-like, he called himself "I" instead of "we". It was just an absolutely unforgivable mishandling of everything that makes Venom the juggernaut of a character that Venom is. There was no creepy stalking or looming around every corner, no getting into Peter's head and tormenting him over time, toying with his prey. It was just a kid that found his dad's gun (so to speak) and did the generic kidnap the girlfriend crap, then he died. Completely ******ed.

It wouldn't have mattered if Eddie Brock was skinny if they didn't screw all of that up so awfully. Because, as is said in the post before mine, Venom was huge even if Brock was skinny.

I wish they woulda just left it like we don't know what happens to the symbiote after Pete sheds it, then after the credits, we see it falling onto Eddie, and then ROOOAAAR (yes, roar, not SQUEEE) -- cut to black.

It was NEVER REMOTELY about Brock's body size for me. It was just about the fact that Venom himself was just completely cheesy and blatantly unscary (he looked pretty awesome though, to Raimi's credit..). They didn't explore Brock's relationship with the symbiote, he had a human voice rather than a freaky alien one, he acted obnoxious and child-like, he called himself "I" instead of "we". It was just an absolutely unforgivable mishandling of everything that makes Venom the juggernaut of a character that Venom is. There was no creepy stalking or looming around every corner, no getting into Peter's head and tormenting him over time, toying with his prey. It was just a kid that found his dad's gun (so to speak) and did the generic kidnap the girlfriend crap, then he died. Completely ******ed.

It wouldn't have mattered if Eddie Brock was skinny if they didn't screw all of that up so awfully. Because, as is said in the post before mine, Venom was huge even if Brock was skinny.

I wish they woulda just left it like we don't know what happens to the symbiote after Pete sheds it, then after the credits, we see it falling onto Eddie, and then ROOOAAAR (yes, roar, not SQUEEE) -- cut to black.

Well we can only dream...Too late for that now.
Raimi totally bastardized Venom.....:cmad:

My feelings exactly. Venom is a really scary,freaky looking creature. A monster that looks like he belongs in a horror movie. It was a waste that he wasn't portrayed that way in Spider-man 3.

My feelings exactly. Venom is a really scary,freaky looking creature. A monster that looks like he belongs in a horror movie. It was a waste that he wasn't portrayed that way in Spider-man 3.

Yeah, I was pretty shocked at how Raimi handled him, considering it's SAM RAIMI!! Evil Dead, Boogeyman, etc, etc, horror movies. :csad:

I had three reactions to the venom portrayed in Spiderman 3.

1. I was never the biggest venom fan, though I do recognize him as one spidermans greatest/most recognized enemies... as most people do. However, I think it was too early to introduce the symbiote. And even with the symbiote in Spiderman 3, venom should have been saved for the next movie to reduce cluttering.

2. I actually like the way venom turned out on screen. He seemed scary/dangerous and the screeching -though different-reminded me of the 'alien' movies, in a good way. I love the part where venom goes to spiderman 'I like being bad... it makes me happy' clearly defining the difference between the characters, then hes about to impale spiderman but is shot in the arms with something by harry and he just looks to the side with these squinting angry eyes and snarls... looks so badass. I would have liked to see more of him... but AS VENOM. He was so otherworldy, demonic almost.

3. I really didnt like some of the more major chacter changes. Mainly, his size. Everyone I know with some basic knowledge of venom said to me that he shouldve been bigger. Not monster big, not hulk big... body builder big. Also he should've referrd to him self as 'we' and his voice shouldve have been altered to sound like 2 people talking at once. More inhuman. It was a damn shame that the first scene we really see venom happens to be the lamest scene in the movie. I'm referring of course, to the venom/sandman proposition scene. Venom shouldnt have teamed up with sandman, venom shouldve saved spidey FROM sandman, saying something like 'Back off! He belongs to usss.' I wouldve liked to see venom kill sandman.

And thats all I have to say about that.

Venom shouldnt have teamed up with sandman, venom shouldve saved spidey FROM sandman, saying something like 'Back off! He belongs to usss.' I wouldve liked to see venom kill sandman.
oh man...THAT'S the true Venom, the one we didn't get.

Hence...Raimi Venom.

He crawls upon buildings in the night...sounding like a *****ebag...he's....RAIMI VENOM.

Remember what Sam Raimi said early on in the production of the first 2
spider-man movies? He said that he would never feature Venom in any future sequel while he was the director. But..... The fans kept insisting that he would be a perfect choice for the villian. I think Spider-Man 3 was Sam Raimi's way of saying: " Yeah, we've done it your way now, leave the directing to me! "

:sym:

Remember what Sam Raimi said early on in the production of the first 2
spider-man movies? He said that he would never feature Venom in any future sequel while he was the director. But..... The fans kept insisting that he would be a perfect choice for the villian. I think Spider-Man 3 was Sam Raimi's way of saying: " Yeah, we've done it your way now, leave the directing to me! "

:sym:

No...Arad told him to switch in Venom for Vulture...and instead of doing a good job on Venom, Eddie Brock and the entire symbiote storyline, he did a half-ass job. I believe Raimi, if he TRIED, could've done a better job. It's a simple storyline and even a complete idiot COULD'VE done it right the first try.

Symbiote reaches Earth.
Symbiote attaches to Peter.
Symbiote make Peter stronger, faster, but also has a negative effect on him.
Peter gets Eddie fired.
Eddie gets mad at Peter and/or Spider-Man.
Peter realizes that symbiote is bad and takes it off.
Eddie gets the symbiote; turns into Venom.
Venom GETS INSIDE PETER'S HEAD.
Spider-Man and Venom have a battle of epic standards.

Well...that's how I see it.

I burst out laughing when I see the meteorite hit the ground 50 yards from peter and make the sound of wet toilet paper hitting a wall.

Of all the people on earth! not only do people parker meets become crazy murderers, but it seems even alien life forms are attracted directly to him... There's only one thing that can be done, Parker needs to be killed. For the sake of world, and maryjane. If shes to have any chance of living a normal life... the greatest villain needs to be destroyed. I'm referring to the one so evil, he can indirectly harm everything around him without the audience even noticing his intentions... Peter Parker

^???

The symbiote is always attracted to Peter; it isn't brain science to figure out why Raimi had the meteorite land so close to Peter.

So it crash landed next to him in rock form as well? :whatever: You're actually saying the falling rock was attracted to Peter? Do you understand what "falling" means? Plus they never explained in the movie why the symbiot wanted Peter anyway.

I said the symbiote is attracted. Raimi decided to have the meteorite land near his bike or whatever you call it.

And besides, that is only a little thing compared to all the other huge mishaps of the movie. Like what you just said, the movie never explained WHY the symbiote wanted him in the first place. When it was just the symbiote at the end, that would've been a perfect example for it to explain its fulfillment to live on. Much what Venom said in TAS.

Why was the symbiote attracted to Peter in the first place? He was very happy when it crash landed. He was making out with MJ on the web, he was planning to propose to her, the city loved him as Spider-Man, school was going well etc.

So why did it attach to his motorcycle and follow Peter into his apartment? Makes no sense. In a city like New York, you'd think the symbiote would have been spoiled for choice looking for an angry/upset person to attach to lol.

Wow, it's been awhile since I posted here.

Anyways;

I recall in the SM-3 novel, after the symbiote emerged from the meteorite, it sensed 'power' radiating from Peter Parker. I don't remember 100% of how it was described, but that's the basic idea. But even so, it's just the novelization (Which is different from the movie). And I realize that doesn't really explain much, anyways.

Either way, it was already bit of a stretch that of all places on the entire planet earth, the meteorite just so happens to land in New York city right next to Spider-Man.

Last edited:
Why was the symbiote attracted to Peter in the first place? He was very happy when it crash landed. He was making out with MJ on the web, he was planning to propose to her, the city loved him as Spider-Man, school was going well etc.

So why did it attach to his motorcycle and follow Peter into his apartment? Makes no sense. In a city like New York, you'd think the symbiote would have been spoiled for choice looking for an angry/upset person to attach to lol.

Yah, it could've sensed Parker's powers, as Arcturus mentioned, but I think the symbiote, like pretty much every alien in any movie, is selfish; so in that way, perhaps it wanted to corrupt the happy Peter Parker and get him to hate everyone and have everyone hate him. Look at the negative effect; he was a jerk and didn't care about anyone, even trying to kill Sandman and Harry.

Again, Raimi should've explained this...but you can just add this to all the other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"