Will the Trailer/Teaser sneak up on us

Weadazoid

Sidekick
Reaction score
In the same way Cloverfield came outa left field do you think Marvel and this crew want Hulk to come out and be a surprise rather then have aniticipation at a specified date.

Batman TDK Trailer hit the IMax theaters first It didn't go online the very next day it in fact took some time. ANd I don't know that is was so highly anticipated...in other words I am not sure fans like us knew about it before it happened

Will the first teaser/trailer strike like Lightening. Or will we be given a date and time to aniticipate?

Well I would hope they'd tell us when it's coming, I wouldn't want to miss it.

It would be cool if we get a teaser trailer with the release of Cloverfield. But something tells me we will get some footage of the movie with the Superbowl and will see a poster in January.

I really don't want them to put anything out before it is ready, but they HAVE to have a trailer along with Cloverfield. If they start any later than that, I think it will hurt the BO. There has to be some sort of ramp and the clock is ticking.

Superbowl fellow Hulk fans, Superbowl.

If it's not there, I will be very concerned.

They'll definitely have something out there for january...

Just like the last teaser, we probably won't see the hulk at all in it bu it may have some likeness to the ending scenes of the tv series, that'll be enough to gain an interest...

perhaps just seeing the aftermath of a hulk out with the devastation around and norton getting dressed, stealing clothes and hitchhiking with a backpack with the lonely man tune in the background would work really well...

The less seen of the hulk in a teaser the better

just even having norton's eyes go white just before a change would be sweet as well....

I'm patient, I dont want anything rushed, but I do feel marketing wise we should have more than what we got. Considering the doubt and hesitation that those two released pictures (especially the TV show chair) drug up, I'm not all that eager to see more.

BTW, am I the only one who has almost no interest in Cloverfield?

^ I didn't have much interest in Cloverfield, but after seeing the teaser trailer and a few of the tv spots, I have to admit I am hooked, and whoever has been doing the marketing for this movie has done a really, really great job, they have shown nothing of the "Monster" and I just can't wait to see it, sounds like another film could learn something from this.

I don't know if we will see anything with Cloverfield but I agree with others that if we do not see something at the Superbowl I will be worried and I will be very shocked, IMHO they missed a great chance to build buzz with not having something out during the holiday movie season.

It looks like a mix between the Godzilla remake, Speilbergs War of the Worlds, and Blair Witch Project. All three underwhelmed me, so go figure I have no interest in it.

The Hulk just needs a kick-a$$ trailer, it doesn't matter if we get anything now or in April. Just as long as it's within 30 days of release. Other promotion, however, is needed. I just dont want too much.

Where's Vegeta 1000 when you need him (to tell us this month still isn't over)? Somewhere, someplace - perhaps in a dark cave with Gollum - he's shivering, trembling, keeping the faith that we still get something by the end of the month. Right, Vegeta? How's your confidence level at this point?

For the Hulk trailer, I am really hoping they don't show the actually 'HULK' because I want it too be a last showing thing before the movie. I can't for this film though..

About Cloverfield..I was excited when the hype for it first came out for a trailer for Transformers..but after seeing the newest trailer..it doesn't seem to interesting.:(

I'm patient, I dont want anything rushed, but I do feel marketing wise we should have more than what we got. Considering the doubt and hesitation that those two released pictures (especially the TV show chair) drug up, I'm not all that eager to see more.

BTW, am I the only one who has almost no interest in Cloverfield?
The reason why nothing has been shown is because editing is not finished yet. When they finish (Jan), the teaser will be released and then a trailer will be released. In between that so will a poster along with the updates to the website. This WILL NOT be rushed according to sources who are directly involved with the project. I believe you will be in awe the way we were with Jurrasic Park the first time we saw it.

I'm of the opinion that I just want it done right. I don't care that we haven't seen much officially, except the two photos which I really like, just that what we see when it comes out is mind blowing. I hope the Incredible Hulk teaser/trailer brings an even more cheesy smile to my face than the Iron Man and Batman trailers did.

I believe you will be in awe the way we were with Jurrasic Park the first time we saw it.

I honestly wasn't all that impressed with Jurassic Park when I first seen clips back in 93, it had alot of the same faults stop motion compositing had right before that as well. Besides, all the "good" shots people typically remember are puppets anyway. It takes good FX work to impress me, I work in the industry, I'm an artist, and I dont bullsheet that easy.

Just tell the producers to use good finished effects in the trailer, and for god sake, dont speed anything up!

I honestly wasn't all that impressed with Jurassic Park when I first seen clips back in 93, it had alot of the same faults stop motion compositing had right before that as well. Besides, all the "good" shots people typically remember are puppets anyway. It takes good FX work to impress me, I work in the industry, I'm an artist, and I dont bullsheet that easy.

Just tell the producers to use good finished effects in the trailer, and for god sake, dont speed anything up!

What part of the industry are you in exactly, if you don't mind me asking? I am in the industry in set design, an artist as well and my work is behind the scenes. I also ask in your opinion, what has impressed you in movies....specifically without too much thought. ILM did a decent job in 2003, but it was a tremendous challenge that I think wore on them after a while. TIH wont be over textured as I know the technique being used for the film. I was sent a dvd showing examples of the previous projects worked on by the company. I like what I saw.

Where's Vegeta 1000 when you need him (to tell us this month still isn't over)? Somewhere, someplace - perhaps in a dark cave with Gollum - he's shivering, trembling, keeping the faith that we still get something by the end of the month. Right, Vegeta? How's your confidence level at this point?
Sounds about right..

LOL.

The reason why nothing has been shown is because editing is not finished yet. When they finish (Jan), the teaser will be released and then a trailer will be released. In between that so will a poster along with the updates to the website. This WILL NOT be rushed according to sources who are directly involved with the project. I believe you will be in awe the way we were with Jurrasic Park the first time we saw it.
It's posts like these that make me listen to EB above all others on these boards. He's the only one that sounds like he knows what he's talking about. I want to see something that inspires the awe in me that was sorely missed last time around. For that I can wait until Jan. Thanks for the insight EB.

It's posts like these that make me listen to EB above all others on these boards. He's the only one that sounds like he knows what he's talking about. I want to see something that inspires the awe in me that was sorely missed last time around. For that I can wait until Jan. Thanks for the insight EB.

No problem. I am also a "fan" and while working on the project, I also await the finished product. I have been informed about the schedule cautiously and know why it is taking long. Besides the editing, the CGI work being done is top-notch and will draw an "OMG" response which is want we want. I had a funny "whiners" thread which was closed (okay, who did that?), but the point was, we as fans need to have faith that Marvel and Universal know what they are doing. This is actually the "best crew" ever assembled for a comic book movie (involving this much CGI). I dare anyone to find one better. With that I leave you knowing this movie will never satisfy all, but will entertain almost everyone who views it. Being on the inside lets me you know this firsthand.

Thanks a lot for that EB. Your updates always provide something positive to the movie.

I think it is good that Marvel is keeping this movie top secret, kinda having it off the radar and then BAM! when everything is complete to the highest standard possible, people's jaws will drop to the ground and be paralyzed in awe.

No problem. I am also a "fan" and while working on the project, I also await the finished product. I have been informed about the schedule cautiously and know why it is taking long. Besides the editing, the CGI work being done is top-notch and will draw an "OMG" response which is want we want. I had a funny "whiners" thread which was closed (okay, who did that?), but the point was, we as fans need to have faith that Marvel and Universal know what they are doing. This is actually the "best crew" ever assembled for a comic book movie (involving this much CGI). I dare anyone to find one better. With that I leave you knowing this movie will never satisfy all, but will entertain almost everyone who views it. Being on the inside lets me you know this firsthand.

ditto....great post EB.

It will be here when it is ready and hopefully it will be the kicka## teaser trailer that we all have been waiting for.

EB has been on the level with me. I respect him for holding back what he does know. We've already been spoiled enough. I'd rather have a good trailer than a fast one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"