Will the Trailer/Teaser sneak up on us

Here is Yahoo's "10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2008": http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/mostanticipatedof2008.html

Guess what's missing?

This is why trailers/teasers/posters need to be out NOW. People begin talking about upcoming blockbusters well in advance of their release date....building anticipation and buzz....which translates into box office $$$$.

There is no reason why The Incredible Hulk should have nothing more than two still shots of Bruce Banner and one concept pic while The Dark Knight, a film due to be released a whole month after it, has had a teaser, a full trailer, promotion pics, movie stills, and a bunch of interesting posters. Same deal with Iron Man (although that comes out a month before TIH).

What is the deal Marvel/Universal?

And EB...okay, I get that their still editing the trailer....fine...okay...but honestly, we don't even have an official poster yet. What's taking them so long with EVERYTHING else? I'm getting tired of looking at children's bed sheets and beach towels. I know you have faith in the film and that's great. How well or horrible a film is marketed has no relation to how good or bad the actual movie is. But I think this kind of marketing is abnormal for a summer "blockbuster"....which leads me to believe that someone has dropped the ball.

Here is Yahoo's "10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2008": http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/mostanticipatedof2008.html

Guess what's missing?

This is why trailers/teasers/posters need to be out NOW. People begin talking about upcoming blockbusters well in advance of their release date....building anticipation and buzz....which translates into box office $$$$.

There is no reason why The Incredible Hulk should have nothing more than two still shots of Bruce Banner and one concept pic while The Dark Knight, a film due to be released a whole month after it, has had a teaser, a full trailer, promotion pics, movie stills, and a bunch of interesting posters. Same deal with Iron Man (although that comes out a month before TIH).

I agree....I have no problem waiting for the work to be finished but SOMETHING needs to happen very soon.

I agree....I have no problem waiting for the work to be finished but SOMETHING needs to happen very soon.

well clearly at this point when it hits it will have legits shots of the New Hulk and possibly shots of the Abomination as well.

1.18.08 nears perhaps Hulk being a 'monster' movie will drop with a monster movie. Then something else with just a few 2nds of something else with the Super Bowl.

It would be a legit jump

Plus don't get to hard up about Iron Man and Batman getting out first, sometimes if the trailer is strong it pays to have the last laugh.

Guess what's missing?

And EB...okay, I get that their still editing the trailer....fine...okay...but honestly, we don't even have an official poster yet. What's taking them so long with EVERYTHING else? I'm getting tired of looking at children's bed sheets and beach towels. I know you have faith in the film and that's great. How well or horrible a film is marketed has no relation to how good or bad the actual movie is. But I think this is kind of marketing is abnormal for a summer "blockbuster"....which leads me to believe that someone has dropped the ball.

Ok, I spoke to a source very close to the project and was told "we have six months before the movie is released." That being said, how much time do YOU think is necessary to market this film? How far in advance? I think they dont want to prematurely put stuff out just to satisfy the fanboys. I want, want, want too. What we want and get are two different things. I dont want bed sheets or toys art either. Having faith in the film is irrelevant. I was assured they have enough time. Plain and simple.

In terms of how long I think the film needs for optimal marketing (since you asked)....Well, I'm no marketing expert so....... I'll just look at what ALMOST EVERY OTHER SUMMER "BLOCKBUSTER" IS DOING and has done so in the past!!!!!!

We all talk about how we don't want them to put this stuff out prematurely......and I completely agree....but we're not making unreasonable demands given the typical marketing timeline for this kind of film. They probably should have thought about that before production started or when they selected a release date. If this is such an experienced crew/production team, they should know how long filming will be, how long CGI will take, how/when marketing will begin, etc. and allow for appropriate time accordingly. They should know the timeline for these sorts of things.

You're right, there is still plenty of time. But to have so little with 6 months left is unconventional (to put it nicely) for this kind of movie and that's a fact.

Again, let me be clear....my concern is not with how well the movie will turn out (b/c I have a feeling they're going to get it right this time). My concern is solely with the marketing and how it will do at the box office. And why should we care how well it does? Because I, for one, don't want the next Hulk film to get f**ked in terms of budget or, even worse, see it become a low-budget, direct to DVD piece of crap. I see TIH as a second chance...one that needs to be treated with the utmost care if it is to do well...on all fronts...and that includes marketing.

Again, there is no reasonable explanation for them to not even have an official poster.

Ok, I spoke to a source very close to the project and was told "we have six months before the movie is released." That being said, how much time do YOU think is necessary to market this film? How far in advance? I think they dont want to prematurely put stuff out just to satisfy the fanboys. I want, want, want too. What we want and get are two different things. I dont want bed sheets or toys art either. Having faith in the film is irrelevant. I was assured they have enough time. Plain and simple.
this is how they are promoting all movies.

of course it doesnt have to be like that. but it is. they started really late.

Guess what's missing?

And EB...okay, I get that their still editing the trailer....fine...okay...but honestly, we don't even have an official poster yet. What's taking them so long with EVERYTHING else? I'm getting tired of looking at children's bed sheets and beach towels. I know you have faith in the film and that's great. How well or horrible a film is marketed has no relation to how good or bad the actual movie is. But I think this is kind of marketing is abnormal for a summer "blockbuster"....which leads me to believe that someone has dropped the ball.

You speak the truth, in my opinion.
Let's just wait and see. They may jump-start the campaign by the end of this month. Maybe, they can still market the movie enough for it to be considered as a serious summer blockbuster.

Yeah it is a bit worrying that we don't have much.

The silohette (sp?) teaser poster wasn't even released properly I think cos whenever I see an article about The Incredible Hulk they show an image of Ang's Hulk. They could show the new logo or that teaser poster but I don't think people know that there is one!

But people do know about them making a new Hulk film and they do know that it is a reboot. Virgin Media had their most anticipated movies of 2008 and Hulk was featured in it but they showed an image of the old Hulk with HULK 2 written all over it despite them saying it is a reboot. And in the News Of The World Newspaper, they have The Incredible Hulk as one of their anticipated movies but say Marvel are keeping this movie "top-secret" and should be one too look out for but still show an image of the old Hulk.

But I think we should get a poster or a Hulk pic with a couple more stills probably showing the destruction caused some time in January, leading to the Superbowl as they finish all the editing in January.

Um... movies slated for release in the second half of the year (August through December) maybe? Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, set to open May 22? The poll's methodology?

Seems to me there's A LOT missing from the list...

Not to mention s*** that doesn't need to be there.... Horton hears a Who?.....Sex and the City...? ....are you kidding me!?!?!

Not to mention s*** that doesn't need to be there.... Horton hears a Who?.....Sex and the City...? ....are you kidding me!?!?!

Sex and the City?!? :huh: There's a Sex and the City Movie coming out?!? :huh:

Most Anticipated?!? :huh:.........:lmao: Right... :lmao: I probably anticipate the next Pokemon movie more than that crap. :hehe: :sleepy:

I'm not sure if you all realize this but...there are various films made for various demographics. And I think both Horton and Sex in the City are on there for good reason. I'll be pleasantly suprised and delighted if TIH does better than either of these films....given the lackluster marketing and response to the first film.

I didn't think I'd have to break it down for you all but....

Sex and the City is not made for guys like you. It's made for young/middle aged women. Go check how well DVD sales are for their season box sets and then tell me whether or not it deserves to be on this list.

Horton Hears a Who is not made for guys like you either. It's a children's film. If you know anything about the box office, you should know that children's movies generally do amazing at the box office.

The list is not "Top 10 Most Anticipated Films for Guys Who Think The World Should Revolve Around What They Like." NO. It's taking the general public into consideration.

Of course I know there are hundreds of these kinds of lists and none of them mean much of anything. I was just using it as just one example for how horrible I feel the marketing for the film has been thus far. I've explained why I feel this way in my other posts so I won't repeat myself.

I'm not sure if you all realize this but...there are various films made for various demographics. And I think both Horton and Sex in the City are on there for good reason. I'll be pleasantly suprised and delighted if TIH does better than either of these films....given the lackluster marketing and response to the first film.

Sex and the City is not made for guys like you. It's made for young/middle aged women. Go check how well DVD sales are for their season box sets and then tell me whether or not it deserves to be on this list.

Horton Hears a Who is not made for guys like you either. It's a children's film. If you know anything about the box office, you should know that children's movies generally do amazing at the box office.

The list is not "Top 10 Most Anticipated Films for Guys Who Think The World Should Revolve Around What They Like." NO. It's taking the general public into consideration.

Of course I know there are hundreds of these kinds of lists and none of them mean much of anything. I was just using it as just one example for how horrible I feel the marketing for the film has been thus far. I've explained why I feel this way in my other posts so I won't repeat myself.
Just to give you an idea of how Iron Man is still in production:

Iron Man director Jon Favreau gave MTV an update about the anticipated movie:

There's a lot of effects work that's going to be happening in the next six months. The movie is pretty much going to be everything that it's going to be by the end of January. Because so much of it is animated and CGI you have to turn it over and let those people do their work on it. So we'll be done in about a month with all the big creative decisions. And then the rest of it becomes about scoring and sound design.

Now imagine how much more stuff has to be done with the Hulk AND Abomination regarding CGI for two entities.

Also the list you provided for the upcoming movies were all that had trailers already. Was Indian Jones on the list? Does that have a trailer?

Just to give you an idea of how Iron Man is still in production:

Iron Man director Jon Favreau gave MTV an update about the anticipated movie:

There's a lot of effects work that's going to be happening in the next six months. The movie is pretty much going to be everything that it's going to be by the end of January. Because so much of it is animated and CGI you have to turn it over and let those people do their work on it. So we'll be done in about a month with all the big creative decisions. And then the rest of it becomes about scoring and sound design.

Now imagine how much more stuff has to be done with the Hulk AND Abomination regarding CGI for two entities.

Also the list you provided for the upcoming movies were all that had trailers already. Was Indian Jones on the list? Does that have a trailer?
Very good to point out that about Iron Man. The two main characters in TIH are completely CGI so I'm sure Leterrier has some serious work still left to do.

Good. Now that you've had the mic, hopefully you're done talking.

Repeating myself, the list a.) ignores Indiana Jones, a movie that's sure to appeal to a wide variety of demographics, b.) curiously lists not a single movie set to open between August and December and c.) fails to shed any insight whatsoever as to how the list was compiled (i.e., its methodology). In fact, the list isn't even ordered 1-10, except chronologically by month. So the list is suspect and, hence, the reason you find to be upset about what you perceive to be "horrible" marketing is, too.

But you said you won't repeat yourself, so please follow through on that commitment and shut up until something is released.

Good. Now that you've had the mic, hopefully you're done talking.

Repeating myself, the list a.) ignores Indiana Jones, a movie that's sure to appeal to a wide variety of demographics, b.) curiously lists not a single movie set to open between August and December and c.) fails to shed any insight whatsoever as to how the list was compiled (i.e., its methodology). In fact, the list isn't even ordered 1-10, except chronologically by month. So the list is suspect and, hence, the reason you find to be upset about what you perceive to be "horrible" marketing is, too.

But you said you won't repeat yourself, so please follow through on that commitment and shut up until something is released.

Wow. Yeah, its good to be back on the boards with BH just splattering the cans of whoop ass again. Sup dude. Did I just say dude? Good morning Chancellor. I tried to explain the realities of the matter and had to reflect on the fact that although Iron Man has released a trailer, it's still far away from being complete and that since the Hulk is almost three times the amount of CGI they should finished with that part in February. The movie may be finished, but the amount of detail that goes into the CGI is icredibly tedious. That being said, this "anticipated movie list" everyone speaks of is a bogus one. The only movies that are one the list are ones that appeal to all various age groups and have trailers so they had to throw in Sex in the City and Dr. Seuss' movie. I have kids and not one of them is waiting for that movie. My Boys are amped to see Iron Man but are going bananas to see the Hulk. The wife doesnt even like Sex in the City and she is in her 30's so that kills that theory. Without deviating, the Incredible Hulk is five months away and work still is being done, so saying we shouldve had this or that is a moot point. We will get it when we get it. The movie is slated for sequels already. The Movie will gross around 400 mil world wide and thats modest. A lot of Hulk fans out there. Angry or not, it wont speed up the process.

Hey EB did you see this post. I got an Email from someone you may know

Edited obvious reasons

hulk production has been shooting a ****-ton more stuff in canada, so it didn't wrap several weeks ago--just the toronto stuff did. so if people are wondering why there's no news, it's because the film is just now going into post. no word on a superbowl trailer (that was just a fan rumor). they will probably promote the crap out of this thing in april, then leading into june. so there's nothing to worry about, they just needed to finish the film and the cgi--which still isn't finished--before worry about teaser trailers and hi-res stills. finish the film before making a trailer?--CRAZY TALK!

take care, cracker!

Does that about sum it up?

Hey EB, did you see this post. I got an Email from someone you may know

Edited obvious reasons

Quote:
hulk production has been shooting a ****-ton more stuff in canada, so it didn't wrap several weeks ago--just the toronto stuff did. so if people are wondering why there's no news, it's because the film is just now going into post. no word on a superbowl trailer (that was just a fan rumor). they will probably promote the crap out of this thing in april, then leading into june. so there's nothing to worry about, they just needed to finish the film and the cgi--which still isn't finished--before worry about teaser trailers and hi-res stills. finish the film before making a trailer?--CRAZY TALK!

take care, cracker!

Does that about sum it up? For one, the shoot in Canada did wrap up, so I dont know where he's getting that from. I spoke to an upper executive who knows (obviously) what they are talking about and the movie has been in post prod. They will not wait until April to promote as that would be catastrophic as they stated, but we know that isnt happening either. For him to state there is nothing to worry about after trying to give that kinda rumor is silly. We all know the CGI isnt finished because that's what I've been saying all along. The teaser is getting released after editing. The CGI stuff will be sent to the studio to enhance, tweak, etc. to complete that. In the meantime. Its the timetable of the studio we are at the mercy of. But they are not doing this to aggravate us, they want to do it right.

Wow. Yeah, its good to be back on the boards with BH just splattering the cans of whoop ass again. Sup dude. Did I just say dude? Good morning Chancellor. I tried to explain the realities of the matter and had to reflect on the fact that although Iron Man has released a trailer, it's still far away from being complete and that since the Hulk is almost three times the amount of CGI they should finished with that part in February. The movie may be finished, but the amount of detail that goes into the CGI is icredibly tedious. That being said, this "anticipated movie list" everyone speaks of is a bogus one. The only movies that are one the list are ones that appeal to all various age groups and have trailers so they had to throw in Sex in the City and Dr. Seuss' movie. I have kids and not one of them is waiting for that movie. My Boys are amped to see Iron Man but are going bananas to see the Hulk. The wife doesnt even like Sex in the City and she is in her 30's so that kills that theory. Without deviating, the Incredible Hulk is five months away and work still is being done, so saying we shouldve had this or that is a moot point. We will get it when we get it. The movie is slated for sequels already. The Movie will gross around 400 mil world wide and thats modest. A lot of Hulk fans out there. Angry or not, it wont speed up the process.

lol Great intro. You know you're the master around here EB. Everyone eagerly hangs on your every post, looking for updates. I'm a scrub or layman or clerk or something... I already told you that. lol Anyway, yeah, some people are just looking for reasons to be unhappy. I would add your point on the trailers-being-released thing as part 'd' in my last post. Definitely a bogus list. I mean, the source itself - Yahoo - gives it away, doesn't it?

lol Great intro. You know you're the master around here EB. Everyone eagerly hangs on your every post, looking for updates. I'm a scrub or layman or clerk or something... I already told you that. lol Anyway, yeah, some people are just looking for reasons to be unhappy. I would add your point on the trailers-being-released thing as part 'd' in my last post. Definitely a bogus list. I mean, the source itself - Yahoo - gives it away, doesn't it?
Did someone say Yahoo movies? Yahoooooawoo! Yeah, t is meaningless. I spoke with the actually movie guys who are friends of mine and they want to keep everyone at the edge of their seats with this stuff. They reasons being they really want to (and please whomever reads this, this isnt an Ang Lee bashing) seperate themselves fron the last pic. I'm gonna PM you.

Does that about sum it up? For one, the shoot in Canada did wrap up, so I dont know where he's getting that from.

He was there. I asked him about the trailer he responded. I don't see any rumors here other than the Super Bowl rumor be kinda debunked. He didn't say they'd wait until April, he said they promote the crap out of it in April. Sorry I ask

He was there. I asked him about the trailer he responded. I don't see any rumors here other than the Super Bowl rumor be kinda debunked. He didn't say they'd wait until April, he said they promote the crap out of it in April. Sorry I ask
I'm not trying to sound mean CJ, you cant hear my tone with words. I was there too buddy. They are wrapped. They had the party to celebrate the wrap before going to Brazil. Sometimes the second unit or production guys go back to shoot extra stuff, but by no means does that say they werent finished up there. Sorry if you took it any other way. I am not a meanie, lol.

Someone posted that they went back up there to shoot scenes for the trailer. Maybe he was talking about the stuff they went back up there for that. :yay: But he was there. I know this for the same reasons I know you were there.

with all of this being said, I wonder if we're even going to get a teaser during the Super Bowl. It seems as though all signs are pointing "no".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"