World of Warcraft - Part 1

I generally prefer LOTRO's dung and community.
World Of Warcraft being a more popular and mainstream game will have younger folk and generally more jerks by default.

If you mount really fast, unmount in mid air, cast Gnomish Poultryizer fast, use flexweave underlay you could cause the highest level gankers to fall towards death?

Edit: Can't be used on mounts. Sucks.

Last edited:
I was given a free code to download WoW and did so last night. I have never touched this before and am not the biggest MMO fan but I figured it'd be a waste to not to use the code. The only other MMO I have played is DCU Online, which was fun until the endgame and then was really boringly repetitive.

I made a human warrior on a PVE server to get used to things. I'm only level 6 right now. Haven't been having too much fun with it, I know it's early but MMO combat has always seemed like such a bummer to me and it's holding true here.

Any tips would be great! Who knows, maybe I'll love it by the end of my free month.

My only tip for you at the moment would be to give it more of a chance. Level 6 is nothing. Level 6 might as well be level 1. You barely have any abilities at your disposal. I don't know how it is with warriors, but most classes take until around level 20 or later for you to get a good "feel" for how that class plays.

Might try changing class. When I started I played as a preist. Found the charge up's pretty boring. Then played as a Hunter, solo'ing was more fun. Death Knight though is alot of fun straight from the start. It has a see-saw balance system of powering up runes than just depleting a source a power.

Try rolling a DK, it'll give you a quick taste of what the higher content is like, and you don't have to wait.

You can't play a Death Knight until you have a level 55 character.

Ahh, didn't know that! Yeah, try a Hunter, then. I had the most fun leveling, and didn't need a grp all the time.

Yeah, I played a hunter when I started out as well and had a lot of fun with it.

The thing as well which you probably wont get from the demo.
PVP, dungeons and Raids makes the skills and indeed how you play alot more meaningful and interesting.

You can start doing PVP and instances at level 15 can't you?

Edit: No, you can start doing instances at 10.

Well, assuming he gets in a instance, if you use a tank build you will basically be like He-Man doing all the heroic action with mobs with every other party member standing in the background. It's great if you want to feel more important than other human-beings.

So after making a few characters I decided that the two classes I enjoyed playing as were the Mage and the Paladin, and I have focused on the paladin character and am at level 16.

The combat is getting a little better (though the paladin has to get pretty high in level to learn more attacking spells, I've always been an 'always be attacking' kind of rpg player), and in general I like the game. The constant string of 'collect X amount of these things' quests is getting kinda dull but loot is always a good incentive.

So how much of the game can be solo'd? If you don't get involved with raids and the like is it possible to get high in level from just doing quests?

And, do the expansions (Wrath and Cataclysm) add a significant amount of solo quests? Or are those mainly focused on endgame raids/dungeons?

Overall I'm enjoying it so far, it still hasn't hooked me yet. I will definitely get plenty of time out of it during this first month.

Wrath Of The Lich can only be started when you reach a high level.
Cataclysm allows you to start as two new races on two new areas but much like the Burning Crusade you are forced to go through old content. I'd say Wrath Of The Lich King is the best of them, it adds story-telling which is something I never really like about World Of Warcraft. The area's tend to be quite pretty too. The vanilla content generally looks quite bland compared to the Burning Crusade and Wrath Of The Lich King. With Burning Crusade it's less medieval fantasy land and more like you are flying around on a avatar style planet.

So how much of the game can be solo'd? If you don't get involved with raids and the like is it possible to get high in level from just doing quests?

Yes. The entire game, minus obvious team-based stuff, is soloable. The only time I ever felt the need to group up while questing was to be with my friends when they still played, or for added security since I was on a PvP server.

And, do the expansions (Wrath and Cataclysm) add a significant amount of solo quests? Or are those mainly focused on endgame raids/dungeons?

See above. But it is "endgame" in the sense that you need to be of a high level to access it.

Also, as Spock said, the new areas added in the expansions are much, much more visually interesting than the vanilla stuff.

Yeah, WOTLK areas are quite the visual spectacles.

So the big thing is Blizzard trademarked "Mists of Pandaria" and it's causing utter pandemonium in the fanbase over the implication of Pandarens actually showing up in WOW. There's a lot of interesting and entertaining arguing over it. People going from gushing in love to seething in hate over the mere possiblity an expansion pack is going to be dedicated to Pandarens.

Blizzard announces fourth WOW expansion: Mists of Pandaria

• New Playable Race -- Pandaren: Adventure through Azeroth as World of Warcraft's first neutral race and decide whether to side with the Alliance or the Horde.

• New Playable Class -- Monk: Unlock the secrets of pandaren martial arts and do battle as a damage dealer, healer, or tank.

• Level Cap Increased to 90 -- Learn potent new spells and abilities while exploring uncharted zones and taking on challenging new content.

• New Zones -- Explore the lush Jade Forest, treacherous Kun-Lai Summit, and other exotic areas of Pandaria designed for high-level characters, and uncover the mystery of the Wandering Isle.
  • Scenarios -- Join up with some friends to achieve a common goal, such as mounting a defense against invading monsters, in a flexible new type of PvE challenge.
  • Dungeon "Challenge" Modes: Master the ultimate five-player time trial to earn prestige rewards in a new dungeon mode that will put your resolve and coordination to the test.
  • Pet Battles: Challenge other players' companion pets with your own collection in a new tactical mini-game, and find out who's king or queen of the pint-sized battlefield.
  • New Talent System: Customize your character to suit your play style with the newly overhauled and improved talent system.

They're also going to introduce an "Annual Pass" method of payment for WOW. And if you sign up for it, you'll get Diablo III for free.

Last edited:
Pet Battles: Challenge other players' companion pets with your own collection in a new tactical mini-game, and find out who's king or queen of the pint-sized battlefield.

[Westfall Chicken], I choose you!

Man, I see so many people raging over this. :funny:

Last edited:
They should make a deal with Nintendo to get some Pokemon action in this game

Yeah, if you don't like it.....don't play it. Pretty easy concept.

Because WoW nerds will rage over anything. Tools were already complaining about how Blizz sold out to Disney, how they're aiming the game at five year olds now, ridiculous threats to boycott/quit, etc as the BlizzCon announcements started coming out this weekend.

The very worst in fanboy behaviour. Like the Bat boards around here basically.

Because WoW nerds will rage over anything. Tools were already complaining about how Blizz sold out to Disney, how they're aiming the game at five year olds now, ridiculous threats to boycott/quit, etc as the BlizzCon announcements started coming out this weekend.

The very worst in fanboy behaviour. Like the Bat boards around here basically.

Don't forget the Pandaren !

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"