Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The LA screening is starting in a few minutes. I made it through but the screening room filled up before us regular people got seated so half of us, including myself, were turned away. Made it on the lot and through to the room and everything. Maybe we’ll hear reactions like we did for the last screening shortly tonight or tomorrow.

That's a shame. Not sure if I'd even want to see a work print at this point. Zimmer probably hasn't even started scoring it yet, and I'm assuming half of the effects aren't even finished yet. Still, I'd like to hear some reactions from this screening.

if there is a time where there is no point discussing anymore, then it means the people involved ended agreeing somehow :woot:

I mean, after all this is a public board, and each user has his own opinion and it wont change from one month to another, so I think its inevitable that the same discussions happen each week, thats the nature of boards, usual users will keep sharing their thoughts, and if their thoughts havent changed in the latest weeks/months... what do you expect them to post? a lie?

at the end of the day, everyone on here is free to post whatever they want, either a positive comment, a negative, a reaction to a new photo, a past movie, about Fox, about a producer.... I mean, this is what boards are made for.

The problem starts when some users dont want to accept the critics and go after those users complaining. Thats the same problem that has led to mods needing to delete comments. If some fans talk bad about Kinberg, its their right, and those who like Kinberg and his movies have to deal with that. Thats all. None will change anyones opinion on here, I think at this point we all should have came to that conclusion.

What you're saying is you want to be able to complain as much as you want without anyone saying anything about it. And that acceptance is a two way street. As if slick comments haven't been made about people who happen to like these movies. That's why certain people here are so big on telling people, "well if you don't like it then put them on ignore." Because the more people who put that person on ignore, the less people who will say anything about their constant complaining. People don't mind that there's complaints. We all have them about the franchise. But it's always the same group of 4 or 5 people with the same stuff. And when someone says something about it then that same group replies saying that it's their right blah, blah...put them on ignore....blah, blah. Exhibit A.

Last edited:
There weren’t many of us as I’ve seen larger turnouts but typically for a movie a few weeks from release. This one probably had around 50 regular people with passes and another 30 who were studio industry invitees and crew, which took priority. That’s why around half of us we’re turned away. It was a small screening theater.

If I were to guess though, Zimmer has started scoring because he was confirmed so long ago. Typically they’re brought in and confirmed much later. He’s probably done key scenes so far, or they have a mix of some of the original score and temp score from other movies in place to set tone, like how the workpring for Origins had the Transformers score over it.

Let’s also take into account that it’s international women’s day, and a huge talking point of this movie to the general audience has been its focus on strong female characters, which is why so many crew and family had taken over the screening.

Last edited:
There weren’t many of us as I’ve seen larger turnouts but typically for a movie a few weeks from release. This one probably had around 50 regular people with passes and another 30 who were studio industry invitees and crew, which took priority. That’s why around half of us we’re turned away. It was a small screening theater.

If I were to guess though, Zimmer has started scoring because he was confirmed so long ago. Typically they’re brought in and confirmed much later. He’s probably done key scenes so far, or they have a mix of some of the original score and temp score from other movies in place to set tone, like how the workpring for Origins had the Transformers score over it.

Let’s also take into account that it’s international women’s day, and a huge talking point of this movie to the general audience has been its focus on strong female characters, which is why so many crew and family had taken over the screening.

I wish they did this in my area. But I live in a small Georgia town surrounded by slightlylarger towns so that ain't happening.

I wish they did this in my area. But I live in a small Georgia town surrounded by slightlylarger towns so that ain't happening.

This one was literally on Fox Studio HQ lot. When I lived in NYC we didn’t get nearly had half as many opportunities for these kinds of things because they keep a pretty short leash on them. When the release date it a lot closer, then they do a lot more in places outside of major metro areas.

People on twitter saying the screening was for Deadpool and not Dark Phoenix

Interested to hear how the screenings went :oldrazz:

What you're saying is you want to be able to complain as much as you want without anyone saying anything about it. And that acceptance is a two way street. As if slick comments haven't been made about people who happen to like these movies.

The only difference is those of us bringing up Kinberg's past work are talking about the director, writer and producer of X-men: Dark Phoenix. The subject matter these boards are named after.

Unless posters are somehow prohibited in bringing up the movie's director, writer and producer, then mentioning the guy's name is par for the course. And considering the guy's filmography and history in this franchise, the conversation inevitably goes negative. The guy's not some spring chicken who we can't judge how he'll handle the characters. The guy's been working on this franchise since at least 2006.

Those of you complaining about other posters really have no standing in this since everyone on these boards have been warned about talking negatively about other posters.

That's why certain people here are so big on telling people, "well if you don't like it then put them on ignore." Because the more people who put that person on ignore, the less people who will say anything about their constant complaining.

That's precisely what the Mods want you to do. Put people on your ignore. If you have an issue with that then that's a conversation you should be having with a Moderator.

Last edited:
The LA screening is starting in a few minutes. I made it through but the screening room filled up before us regular people got seated so half of us, including myself, were turned away. Made it on the lot and through to the room and everything. Maybe we’ll hear reactions like we did for the last screening shortly tonight or tomorrow.

You Lucky bugger!

Test screenings are just standard procedure. Its not a sign of confidence or Fox being smart. I mean Wb did test screenings for their dceu films. Though for problematic films, it's better to have them so the studio could salvage the film and improve things before critics/the public make an impression of the final product. But IMO, if the film is really bad or below average, test screenings leading to reshoots/last minute changes won't salvage the film. It would prove that the studio didn't have the right film from the start.

if there is a time where there is no point discussing anymore, then it means the people involved ended agreeing somehow :woot:

I mean, after all this is a public board, and each user has his own opinion and it wont change from one month to another, so I think its inevitable that the same discussions happen each week, thats the nature of boards, usual users will keep sharing their thoughts, and if their thoughts havent changed in the latest weeks/months... what do you expect them to post? a lie?

at the end of the day, everyone on here is free to post whatever they want, either a positive comment, a negative, a reaction to a new photo, a past movie, about Fox, about a producer.... I mean, this is what boards are made for.

The problem starts when some users dont want to accept the critics and go after those users complaining. Thats the same problem that has led to mods needing to delete comments. If some fans talk bad about Kinberg, its their right, and those who like Kinberg and his movies have to deal with that. Thats all. None will change anyones opinion on here, I think at this point we all should have came to that conclusion.
No THE PROBLEM is when some try to question peoples intelligence level just because they're not berating Kinberg in every comment. That is why people push back at the negativity not because someone has a different opinion but because some try to make it seem like their opinion is better than others and like they are true fans and anyone who disagrees is just uneducated or irrelevant. I've never tried to stifle opinions just asked why someone would want to revel in it if they truly "see no hope"?

The test session did not go to DP again
went to deadpool according to jeremy conrad
it is seems that the film was not well received.

Jeremy Conrad
@ManaByte

From what I heard about Dark Phoenix last month, it’s better than this easily.

to 2 months of being released, and being barely received in a test session
certainly a big problem, I think this is what simon wants to avoid in DP

The test session did not go to DP again
went to deadpool according to jeremy conrad
it is seems that the film was not well received.
Didn't go to DP again? Have people been going to these screenings expecting X-Men?

If DP is truly great it could take the title for Best Comic Book Movie of 2018 assuming that the tweets about Deadpool are true. It's only competition for me is Infinity War. Wasn't crazy about Black Panther personally.

I really don't know how credible this Manabyte dude is. But Deadpool 2 potentially sucking and Dark Phoenix being average but nowhere near Dofp's quality would just prove more how Fox is really inconsistent and couldn't live up beyond eXpectations.

Like at the end of the day, would a Deadpool 2/Dark Phoenix with a rt rating of 40% to 65% would satisfy everyone? Not saying Rt is the gospel but we know how people react here when those reviews come out and goes to the tomatometer.

Of course it can, DoFP was pretty good, then we got Apocalypse..
Apocalypse falls in line with Dark Knight Rises, and Spider-Man 3 for me in that it is a good movie that falls short of a great predecessor.

Last edited:
I would not be scared if deadpool is really too bad, just as it would not scare me if DP really is a very good movie
historically fox has some problems of following a quality standard.

it seems the rumor is true
fox sent email to @manabyte with process threats
:wow:

Last edited:
People on twitter saying the screening was for Deadpool and not Dark Phoenix

Now I’m actually more disappointed because I missed Deadpool, but at least that’s closer to release. I don’t think anyone was expecting either movie, they gave us no clue as to what it was and said they would tell us when we were seated.

Now I’m actually more disappointed because I missed Deadpool, but at least that’s closer to release. I don’t think anyone was expecting either movie, they gave us no clue as to what it was and said they would tell us when we were seated.

I remember going to a screening on the WB lot thinking it was Man of Steel, and it turned out to be the sequel to 300. There's no way to know what you're going to get.

Interested to hear how the screenings went :oldrazz:

The only difference is those of us bringing up Kinberg's past work are talking about the director, writer and producer of X-men: Dark Phoenix. The subject matter these boards are named after.

Unless posters are somehow prohibited in bringing up the movie's director, writer and producer, then mentioning the guy's name is par for the course. And considering the guy's filmography and history in this franchise, the conversation inevitably goes negative. The guy's not some spring chicken who we can't judge how he'll handle the characters. The guy's been working on this franchise since at least 2006.

Those of you complaining about other posters really have no standing in this since everyone on these boards have been warned about talking negatively about other posters.

That's precisely what the Mods want you to do. Put people on your ignore. If you have an issue with that then that's a conversation you should be having with a Moderator.

You're really going to act like people stay on subject when they bring up the things they dislike about this franchise? Yeah, sure. You know as well as anyone that the subject doesn't stay to fox made x-men movies. I've said noting about Kinberg. And then you're acting like the constant complainers, YOU being one of them haven't been condescending in your replies to people. Perhaps you should take your own advice about having issues with what others say.

Wait when people are referencing "DP" do they mean Dark Phoenix or DeadPool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"