Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
From all the costumes from the comics, then went with that? And they'll all be wearing the same? So much for colourful individual costumes. Not a big improvement from the black ones from OT, IMO. It just has a yellow X on it.

Maybe they'll have different ones later... or not.

Cyclops looks great in that costume. Storm’s hair is...unfortunate BUT she does look like Halle so oh well.

Curious to see if more will leak. (Phoenix costume, please)

Last edited:
These are pretty much exactly as I'd want them. Props to Kinberg on that.

From all the costumes from the comics, then went with that? And they'll all be wearing the same? So much for colourful individual costumes. Not a big improvement from the black ones from OT, IMO. It just has a yellow X on it.

That's probably just their "space suit" costumes, so hopefully they get individual and non-cheap-looking costumes (unlike the end of X:A) but yea I wasn't a fan of these Frank Quitely costumes in the comics either.

It’s possible these are only their flight suits, but I feel like something similar has been said for the last three X-films. If these are it, I hope there’s more detail, or something other than the X, to break up the blue. Otherwise, they risk looking pretty bland.

Yeah. I haven’t been a fan of the roots/streaks since they were first introduced in The Last Stand. :down

Storm has been dying her hair white since Apocalypse because her hair is not naturally white in the movies. So she probably hasn't dyed her hair for a while, hence the dark roots. :o

That's probably just their "space suit" costumes, so hopefully they get individual and non-cheap-looking costumes (unlike the end of X:A) but yea I wasn't a fan of these Frank Quitely costumes in the comics either.

I'll wait a better picture to judge, but these ones look a bit cheap to me. But I'll wait.

x-men-dark-phoenix-mystique-1064078.jpg

You can tell in this pic it’s blue and more textured.

:facepalm:
I swear I got excited for a second... then saw the costumes design closely, and this looks cheap as hell. Not to mention the really poor design, its so simple, the FC suits were on another level, this looks pretty cheap, cosplay directly.

I heard they will wear other costumes later, but still.... was expecting better from the Mystique EW pic

It’s possible these are only their flight suits, but I feel like something similar has been said for the last three X-films.

I remember when they released the photos showing the black costumes from Apocalypse, and many, including myself, in denial saying "Oh no, they'll use those only in the beginning..."

I swear I got excited for a second... then saw the costumes design closely, and this looks cheap as hell. Not to mention the really poor design, its so simple, the FC suits were on another level, this looks pretty cheap, cosplay directly.

I heard they will wear other costumes later, but still.... was expecting better from the Mystique EW pic

ukoMafYJ_o.gif

you nailed my face after seeing the pic!

They look even more primitive than the First Class costumes. Unless they are like jumpsuits or something? Lol.

From all the costumes from the comics, then went with that? And they'll all be wearing the same? So much for colorful individual costumes. Not a big improvement from the black ones from OT, IMO. It just has a yellow X on it.

Prefer the Quitely approach.
I'm with EnDz tho on this likely being space suits.

If fox was smart they’d release official images buuuut they aren’t soo

well the mystique pic is a still from the movie while this is behind the scenes. So yeah maybe they'll look better in post. This reminds me of the captain marvel and shazam costume debacles.

On the plus side, Psy will have something actually from the film that we've seen to gripe about. Same with united once Shazam is done.

But I'm liking the suits. As others have said, they're probably strictly for the in-space stuff. Hey, at least it ain't black leather.

Storm has been dying her hair white since Apocalypse because her hair is not naturally white in the movies. So she probably hasn't dyed her hair for a while, hence the dark roots. :o

I'll wait a better picture to judge, but these ones look a bit cheap to me. But I'll wait.

I actually liked Storm's hair with the dartk roots, it looked less fake to me than the all white. :)

They look even more primitive than the First Class costumes.

exactly the problem I have with this design. this is 30 years later, and look like something from the early days 60s or 50s. It doesnt make any sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"