X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 10

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by Thread Manager, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x-er Registered

This is what came to mind when reading the writers' remarks on action sequences. Sure, they may impress audiences visually, but they sacrifice character development and plot for the sake of it. I keep thinking back at that scene where Beast jumps in to save Mystique in Apocalypse because, as I've said, it just lost all its Beast flavor to me if you know what I mean.

And there are loads of other X-Men movie lines I'm not happy with as a fan. It's like taking the sugah out of Rogue, which is what we're gonna get if it keeps going like this. I mean, come on, the comics are already written that way. Rogue's "I" is spelt out as "Ah" and that helps us imagine who she is. Wolverine himself has a very distinct idiolect. So shouldn't they stick to the comic book language a bit more?

#901 x-er, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  2. Drexelhand Registered

While I have absolutely zero faith in Kinberg and don't feel he should be directing, the way some people here attack him makes me want this movie to be really really good.

3. Frankeh Registered

Criticism of his work isn't an attack. That'd be like saying your boss is attacking you by saying you did this or that wrong. And after all Kinberg's job is to offer a product for mass consumption, it invites criticism. He knows how it is.

4. x-er Registered

^ Right. I'm not attacking anybody here either. As a fan, I just want a good quality movie that represents the original material in a faithful way. Every fan of a comic book/cartoon superhero always dreamt of seeing those same stories come to life on a live action film, but not adapted with a focus on the cast's popularity and the visual effects.

It's not about how you liked playing with action figures as a child, liked throwing cards around pretending to be gambit, or dressed up in a silly blue nudist costume. That's the superficial stuff. There are deeper layers of meaning and nuances underneath all the flashiness, but I don't think the people in charge of this have realized it yet.

#904 x-er, Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  5. 2kt09 Snyder Rent-Free

My order of preference is still tv before film and animation before live-action in terms of getting the "proper" treatment for serialized stylishly drawn picture books. There are way too many cooks, more so now than ever, for a miraculous live-action knockout of the park.

6. NickFoley Registered

7. Radar Registered

8. Frankeh Registered

9. psyonic X-Man

Captain Marvel comes out in less than a month after Dark Phoenix's new date, Skrulls are in both movies.. hmm..

10. Frankeh Registered

This is giving me BvS vibes. They already had more than enough time for post? Inminent extensive reshoots I guess (but I don't pretend to know)

And giving its release date to... Bohemian Rhapsody of all things?? Will that movie even be saved from Singers mess?

11. psyonic X-Man

Just a few days too early for April Fools xD

12. Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

November 2nd is a day after my birthday and I was REALLY looking forward to that. I'm kinda pissed now lol.

13. psyonic X-Man

Well congrats your new bday is now February 13th xD

14. 1627523 Registered

Do you think its reshoots or do you think its because of the high competition in november?

15. Frankeh Registered

Its strange because X-Men movies typically release in May and they changed I assume to a month more convenient for this movie, and now they're changing again?

And just when I was saying, all the big November releases had trailers online.

16. psyonic X-Man

Probably re-shoots, they have a lot of time for post production, or to coincide with Captain Marvel since Skrulls appear in both movies, idk.. maybe new deal with Marvel to have the movies promote each other, could be anything.. BUT it doesn't seem like they are confident DP could stand on its own and make the release date, New Mutants have it worse though lol .. like 1 year and 4 months delay from initial date, for reshoots. Doesn't sound too good.

17. 1627523 Registered

If it was extensive reshoots wouldn't it be delayed by more than 2 and a half months tho? U cant reshoot the whole movie in that time. I think its because of how lucrative Febuary has become after Black Panther and November was really crowded. I dont think there as much competition in february tho.

#917 1627523, Mar 27, 2018
  18. Frankeh Registered

February has Captain Marvel which features Skrulls (who also feature allegedly in this movie) as psyonic pointed out

EDIT: Captain Marvel is actually in March, but close to Dark Phoenix.

#918 Frankeh, Mar 27, 2018
  19. Sage2016 Registered

Dear Fox, feel free to push it back indefinitely.

20. Ryan1210 Registered

Great. Can't wait for more negativity in here.

21. SAUspartan Registered

Oh I’m ****ing pissed alright at the ****ing MCU ********. We all know that’s what truly is causing the delay of these Fox films and I’m pissed off.

Feel terrible for Kinberg and Boone! And the Cast and Crew of both!

22. 1627523 Registered

Disney has nothing to do with this dude drop it.

23. Schmith Registered

oh damn. I'm sooooo disappointed. I was really looking forward to see this movie in November and now it is a year away. looks like the test screenings haven't been very successful.

From 3 announced X-Men movies in a year to only Deadpool 2 - a movie franchise I really do not care about. lol

24. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Clearly something off is happening to bump Dark Phoenix to 2019. I'm not a cheerleader of Fox but earlier this year, I eXpected them to release 3 marvel films this year especially all were in post prod. But since the New Mutants was moved to 2019, this doesn't surprise me anymore. Luckily, I am not highly anticipating this so I can't be pissed by the delay.

And I guess like the New Mutants, this would get eXtensive reshoots as well. Those screenings worked out so well...

25. micsin Registered

On the one hand, this doesn't give me confidence. On the other, someone is thinking critically about these films and presumably wants them to be the best they can be, so... positive ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.