Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I went scurrying off to find it.

Yikes.

I presume it's this one https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers/comments/8mmcw0/i_saw_dark_phoenix_in_feb/

The film sounds bad to be honest. Repeating parts of X3. Jean's costume is a coat? Storm doesn't get much to do. GTFO Kinberg

Good God. Remember when Lauren Shuler Donner told us to forget X3 and Origins after Dofp, you know she said "forget those movies." Deadpool movies can't let go of Barakapool and now Dark Phoenix is X3 redux. This franchise...:hmr:

of everything that has leaked, several conflicting information and different versions of rumors
or "dark phoenix" is going to be a great movie or it will be a disaster
may God protect us.

This is what you get when for hiring the guy who wrote X3, Apocalypse and F4 and also letting him do all the script work and the directorial job.

Nothing goes over your head, does it?

Plus, X-Factor was a main X-Men title for its first 75 issues. Its rule later got taken over by X-Men (Blue Team) to counteract Uncanny (Gold Team).

Its a splinter team, not the X-Men.

Its a splinter team, not the X-Men.

It was Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Beast and Angel, a team of the original X-Men carrying on Xavier's legacy independent of Uncanny. It was a an equal title alongside Uncanny X-Men, see the Fall of the Mutants and Morlock Massacre and was promoted as such.

Regardless, I suggest you learn how to read sarcastic or idiomatic comments.

Where is the "'Dark Phoenix' is a great movie" rumour coming from? First I've heard of it.

I am not surprised that
Nightcrawler
won't have much to do. Which reminds me of X3 when
when he was cut.
Kinberg is just clueless about the character, as well as
Storm.

Where is the "'Dark Phoenix' is a great movie" rumour coming from? First I've heard of it.

some journalists who say they have "sources", chris claremont, other people who also "watched" the test session, they said that it is a good movie, we choose who to believe and on February 14nd we will know who was speaking the truth. :oldrazz:

It was Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Beast and Angel, a team of the original X-Men carrying on Xavier's legacy independent of Uncanny. It was a an equal title alongside Uncanny X-Men, see the Fall of the Mutants and Morlock Massacre and was promoted as such.

Regardless, I suggest you learn how to read sarcastic or idiomatic comments.

Its X-Factor comics. That's like saying eXcalibur is X-Men because they had a couple of the X-Men in the team. Anyway, they should take cues from the Uncanny X-Men comics.

My favorite part is Storm being one of the mutants [BLACKOUT]with the least screen time[/BLACKOUT]. Some things just never change, do they?

Why would she be one of the characters with the [BLACKOUT]most screentime [/BLACKOUT]in this story?

So they really should have left out of the movie, instead of being wasted. They don't know what to do with her and this is another eXcuse. No one said she should get the most screentime. Just give her a good role.
some journalists who say they have "sources", chris claremont, other people who also "watched" the test session, they said that it is a good movie, we choose who to believe and on February 14nd we will know who was speaking the truth. :oldrazz:

Or you mean the same people who claimed that Apocalypse was good Before the reviews came out.

Its X-Factor comics. That's like saying eXcalibur is X-Men because they had a couple of the X-Men in the team. Anyway, they should take cues from the Uncanny X-Men comics.

Have you ever even read the X-Men comics? Comments like this seriously make me doubt that. Excalibur had TWO X-Men, X-Factor had the ENTIRE ORIGINAL ROSTER of X-Men, was promoted as an equal title, treated as an equal title during Marvel's first X-Men crossover events and written by Louise Simonson in direct coordination with Chris Claremont.

X-Factor's original run was not like Excalibur, not like New Mutants, not like X-Force, not like Wolverine, not like Cable, not like X-Man, not like Generation X and not like X-Factor itself in the 90s where it was an X-Men title by association, it was an X-Men title because it was an X-Men title.

Of course, though, I wouldn't expect you to listen to logic.

Last edited:
Yes I have read plenty of comics. You are really gonna question me on that when I am the one here who usually posts in the comics section. Just no. Doesn't matter if X-Factor had all of them, it is still a splinter team just like the New Mutants, X-Force, Excalibur, Generation X, etc.

I dont believe in those reports..

and from the Deadpool 2 footage Storm has indeeed longer hair!

Yes I have read plenty of comics. You are really gonna question me on that when I am the one here who usually posts in the comics section. Just no. Doesn't matter if X-Factor had all of them, it is still a splinter team just like the New Mutants, X-Force, Excalibur, Generation X, etc.

X-Factor and Uncanny X-Men were like Batman and Detective Comics, Superman and Action Comics, Amazing Spider-Man and Spectacular Spider-Man and The X-Men and Uncanny X-Men. I guess Detective Comics isn't a Batman title right now because it features a splinter team if I followed your absurd reasoning.

Do you even know how much Jean Grey was in Uncanny X-Men? First 60ish issues, then a few issues here and there during the entirety of Claremont's run and during crossovers. She only came back to the title in the 90s. Why the hell would Kinberg look for inspiration on a film about Jean Grey from a comic title that didn't feature her prominently until thirty years after it was made?

You post in the comics section? Goodie for you, I guess that allows you to circumvent logic, right? And yes, I am going to question you when you seem to take idiomatic comments here literally like zealot.

They weren't in the X-Men and formed their own group. End of story.
I dont believe in those reports..

and from the Deadpool 2 footage Storm has indeeed longer hair!

Yeah the wig from X2. That scene from Deadpool 2 isn't supposed to be a sign what they look like in Dark PhoeniX.

There's a big difference between good and GREAT.

A great movie wouldn't be changing its release date to one that's 3 months later. A great movie would've fit its reshoots between when that news was let out to the movie's release date.

So again where did you get your "Dark Phoenix is great" rumour from?

Why would she be one of the characters with the [BLACKOUT]most screentime [/BLACKOUT]in this story?

Why would Magneto? Why would Mystique? Heck, why would Beast? :loco:

^ Exactly.

For the same reason Wolverine was the protagonist of DofP and the Avengers fought a civil war over Bucky Barnes. It's an adaptation, and she's freaking Storm.

Honestly I'm not so bothered with most of the supposed spoilers here:

The less things Kinberg does with the likes of Storm, Nightcrawler, et al, means less clean up for whoever takes over after Kinberg. Ditto on not naming the aliens as Skrulls. I'm just greatful my favourite Southern Belle isn't anywhere near this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"