Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Magneto? Why would Mystique? Heck, why would Beast? :loco:

[BLACKOUT]The leaks said Cyclops, Charles, and Beast get the most. That sounds about right. Magneto and Mystique weren't mentioned in regards to screentime as far as I could see. Why should Storm be high up on that list? For this story?[/BLACKOUT]

And I'm sure not going to complain if they finally give[BLACKOUT] Beast something[/BLACKOUT].

"Arclight! Use your shockwaves! Target those weapons!"

Oh I can just hear the "updates" to the classic lines from X3, and after that I can even believe my made up one will make it to the movie

MAGNETO: "Dazzler, turn sound into light and distract the aliens!"

^ Exactly.

For the same reason Wolverine was the protagonist of DofP and the Avengers fought a civil war over Bucky Barnes. It's an adaptation, and she's freaking Storm.

So what are you saying? She should have as much as Cyclops and Xavier? In a film centered on Jean?

Its X-Factor comics. That's like saying eXcalibur is X-Men because they had a couple of the X-Men in the team. Anyway, they should take cues from the Uncanny X-Men comics.

The word you're looking for is spinoff.

X-MenFilms says the leak is true goodbye world lmao.

jk didn't reddit report Deadpool 2 was a disaster? If the movie is bad I hope they'll fix it during the reshoot. Marvel won't touch Dark Phoenix in 10 years so this is the last chance we get lol.

another thing that catches my eye
and that everyone (journalist, actors and etc) are saying that it is a very somber film
if this is a lie, no doubt and a huge mistake, the same mistake they made in apocalypse, promised something and did not deliver it, the result already know.

I've seen no source deem the movie not to have a somber tone. Even this latest one confirms it.

Having similarities doesn't make something faithful especially if its taking inspiration from other stuff, not eXactly the core X-Men comics. Kinberg just takes bits and pieces and mashes things up as always and it ends up with a different and radical take from the comics.

And the MCU doesn't do that? Civil War anyone?

Admits that it's a test screening with unfinished CGI... Describes finale battle as CGI mess...

Honestly what a load of ****.

There have been several "leaked" plots for this film. All saying very different things. The last screening were in Feb and only now this one shows up.?

latest

And the MCU doesn't do that? Civil War anyone?

Millar's Civil War is nowhere near as good as Claremont's Dark Phoenix saga, and some major changes were necessary for fitting it into the virtually mask free MCU. But the Russos managed to improve that story while maintaining the core Cap-Tony conflict.

If the rumors are to be believe Writer/Director/Producer Kinberg stripped DP of an awful lot of what made it an all time classic [BLACKOUT]Hellfire Club, Imperial Guard)[/BLACKOUT] in order to clear room for stuff [BLACKOUT](Magneto heel turn! Mystique is the key!) [/BLACKOUT] hes been giving us in every installment. That's a shame.

Millar's Civil War is nowhere near as good as Claremont's Dark Phoenix saga, and some major changes were necessary for fitting it into the virtually mask free MCU. But the Russos managed to improve that story while maintaining the core Cap-Tony conflict.

First, that's not the point.

If the rumors are to be believe Writer/Director/Producer Kinberg stripped DP of an awful lot of what made it an all time classic [BLACKOUT]Hellfire Club, Imperial Guard)[/BLACKOUT] in order to clear room for stuff [BLACKOUT](Magneto heel turn! Mystique is the key!) [/BLACKOUT] hes been giving us in every installment. That's a shame.

Second, it is Kinberg.

I have ptsd

Oh I can just hear the "updates" to the classic lines from X3, and after that I can even believe my made up one will make it to the movie

MAGNETO: "Dazzler, turn sound into light and distract the aliens!"

What's worse than Kinberg doing "clever" callbacks to cringey dialogue from THIS movie?

Kinberg doing callbacks to cringey dialogue from X3.

From the same thread

I met Claremont at c2e2 and he told me there were reshoots that will somehow tie this into the MCU, and that Hope Summers had a big part to play in the Phoenix persona. Does any of this seem legit or was he ****ing with us?

On of the "spoiler synopsis" (though I doubt any are true, they contradict each other) hinted at the Phoenix being cosmic, in away I like.

The Skrulls apparently worshipped the Phoenix force.
It's is reincarnated in Jean.
This bring the Skrulls to Earth. And they manipulate Jean (much like the Hellfire club) inorder to bring out the Pheonix Force.

Screenwriters - and producers - must share some of the blame.

For instance, the Yukio character in Deadpool 2, who turns out to be the same Yukio as in The Wolverine except the writers didn't even know:

Director David Lietch may be ultimately responsible but he can't check every single thing.

So this goof in putting Yukio in Deadpool 2 without knowing she as in The Wolverine is also down to the screenwriters as they admit it was their choice, and I think it's also down to the producers/studio for not having a proper list that indicates whether a character has been used before.

I wouldn't classify Deadpool 2 as following any real continuity of any of the other movies just by nature of being Deadpool and seemingly in its own bubble doing its own thing. According to the director, its not like he wasn't aware:
The film features contradictory connections to the various films of the franchise, which Leitch acknowledged as confusing but said that the issue had not really been discussed during development since the Deadpool films are considered their own "entity" in a way, and the character of Deadpool allows them to be "flexible with the timeline, per se"
Screenwriters and producer can share blame...but for different reasons. Producers are responsible for getting a movie out on time and within budget. Screenwriters are responsible for the story structure, but that doesn't mean its all only their own ideas that you end up seeing on sccreen. What screenwriters create in starting a script generally end up changed by the time the movie starts filming because of common rewrites. Those rewrites and revisions are often ordered by studio executives, producers, and directors as production moves along. And another important factor to remember is that these scripts for x-franchise films are usually created in collaboration with the directors, rather than from scratch. It's never the final say of the scriptwriter. If you recall, Tim Millar had begun working on the script with the writers early on because it was assumed he was returning as director. And Ryan Reynalds was also one of the writers due to his star power for this character. We also learned once Millar left that Leitch too had input that changed the script further.

Last edited:
From the same thread

I met Claremont at c2e2 and he told me there were reshoots that will somehow tie this into the MCU, and that Hope Summers had a big part to play in the Phoenix persona. Does any of this seem legit or was he ****ing with us?

On of the "spoiler synopsis" (though I doubt any are true, they contradict each other) hinted at the Phoenix being cosmic, in away I like.

The Skrulls apparently worshipped the Phoenix force.
It's is reincarnated in Jean.
This bring the Skrulls to Earth. And they manipulate Jean (much like the Hellfire club) inorder to bring out the Pheonix Force.

That supposed leak sounds awful, would Kinberg actually call back to X3? I want to kill myself lol

I wouldn't classify Deadpool 2 as following any real continuity of any of the other movies just by nature of being Deadpool and seemingly in its own bubble doing its own thing. According to the director, its not like he wasn't aware:
Screenwriters and producer can share blame...but for different reasons. Producers are responsible for getting a movie out on time and within budget. Screenwriters are responsible for the story structure, but that doesn't mean its all only their own ideas that you end up seeing on sccreen. What screenwriters create in starting a script generally end up changed by the time the movie starts filming because of common rewrites. Those rewrites and revisions are often ordered by studio executes, producers, and directors as production moves along. And another important factor to remember is that these scripts for x-franchise films are usually created in collaboration with the directors, rather than from scratch. It's never the final say of the scriptwriter. If you recall, Tim Millar had begun working on the script with the writers early on because it was assumed he was returning as director. And Ryan Reynalds was also one of the writers due to his star power for this character. We also learned once Millar left that Leitch too had input that changed the script further.

Yukio had a pretty significant role in The Wolverine, it absolutely doesn't hurt to do a bit of research before adding a character. Heck did NO one tell him she was already in the cineverse?

They apparently knew but didn't care. I don't know if that makes it better or worse.

That character absolutely did not need to be Yukio. If they really wanted a gay character, Shatterstar was right there...

so not only are they working with the same formula as the previous X-films which now means we gotta have a Quick Silver scene no matter what, but they are also copy pasting material from X3 into the Dark Phoenix script ??? Maybe this is Fox's way of saying, "Screw the fans, screw Singer, we're gonna retell Dark Phoenix all over again by ourselves, the right way."

You'd think new director meant we were gonna getting something pretty original and somewhat groundbreaking, at least a decent X-film.

I think we've had pretty good X-Men comicbook writers, TV episode writers, heck even for video games like X-Men Legends I who would know more or less what to do with these films? And to think I was hoping they'd get their hands on a director like Alfonso Cuaron or someone with a bit of a track record. I don't get it one bit. Why shoot themselves in the foot soooo much!! It's frustrating.

Last edited:
so not only are they working with the same formula as the previous X-films which now means we gotta have a Quick Silver scene no matter what, but they are also copy pasting material from X3 into the Dark Phoenix script ??? Maybe this is Fox's way of saying, "Screw the fans, screw Singer, we're gonna retell Dark Phoenix all over again by ourselves, the right way."

You'd think new director meant we were gonna getting something pretty original and somewhat groundbreaking, at least a decent X-film.

If copy and pasting from X3 is true, I will not be watching this crap again. To quote Magneto, "You never learn.." I can see the memes already xD

They apparently knew but didn't care. I don't know if that makes it better or worse.

That character absolutely did not need to be Yukio. If they really wanted a gay character, Shatterstar was right there...

I doubt they knew anyway but that will be their get out clause.

These things are almost always due to incompetence. You see it in every workplace: screw-ups that people try to wriggle out of.

The reddit spoilers make the movie sound underwhelming and a bit repetitive.

I can see Shatterstar being vetoed and instead making the LGBTQ characters a sexy lesbian couple instead.

Baby steps, I guess.

Anyways, to get back on topic: Would Kinberg continue the FC tradition of throwing one F-Bomb per film? I hope he doesn't.

I think we've had pretty good X-Men comicbook writers, TV episode writers, heck even for video games like X-Men Legends I who would know more or less what to do with these films? And to think I was hoping they'd get their hands on a director like Alfonso Cuaron or someone with a bit of a track record. I don't get it one bit. Why shoot themselves in the foot soooo much!! It's frustrating.

Quicksilver deserves an action scene if he is in the movie and this rumoured sequence at least sounds a bit different to the two previous displays. So I don’t think that’s the problem.

Kinberg isn’t a fan of Quicksilver by the sound of it - or Storm or Nightcrawker for that matter - so it does explain their poor roles in this.

The main issue seems to lack of creative thinking, poor knowledge of the source material and unwillingness to really study it and know how to adapt it. Kinberg’s only reference points are clearly the previous films.

As for what you were saying earlier about X-Men Apocalypse, it was clearly rushed into production on the back of DoFP. Singer lost interest when Wolverine’s role was hacked down to a cameo - original story ideas were for Wolverine to be a horseman or to lead the X-Men into battle against Apocalypse. Kinberg rewrote the script to cut costs by reducing Wolverine, cutting the opening battle on the Nile and lots more. The end result is more a Kinberg movie. Singer’s personal issues didn’t help, of course.

[BLACKOUT]The leaks said Cyclops, Charles, and Beast get the most. That sounds about right. Magneto and Mystique weren't mentioned in regards to screentime as far as I could see. Why should Storm be high up on that list? For this story?[/BLACKOUT]

It's been said that both Fassbender and JLaw had to be lured back with a lot of money to sign up for this movie. Those 2 specifically.

Fassy was less than happy with his role in DOFP, so I can't see him not asking for a meatier role here. JLaw has been wishy-washy with what exactly she wants out of this franchise, so she's a toss up in that case. Would she want a bigger role or is she just here for her friend? Who tf knows with that one.

But considering the reddit spoiler mentions Storm, Nightcrawler Quicksilver get the least screen time, it's safe to say Magneto and Mystique get more time than them LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"