X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by Thread Manager, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Kane52630 JINGLE BELLS BATMAN SMELLS

That's what the deep state would like you to believe in.

[​IMG]

2. magneto23 Registered

For all we know the movie might actually end the series on a solid note. Or have you seen the movie already?

3. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

Yeah well what I meant was redoing Apocalypse himself. And make fans fear him like Thanos instead of laughing at Apocalypse

4. I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

This film getting canned would be ridiculous...And fascinating. I say put it on Netflix :o

5. x-er Registered

Hey some of us don't have netflix!

You know, I've often heard that, in any field where you work to make an end product, there are times when the first version is way better than the version you come up with after extensive editing and reworking. Maybe sometimes we try to fit something where it doesn't really go or we're just trying to find a problem where none exists. I know i'm guilty of that sometimes too. And, for example, Fox's last attempt at Fantastic Four may have had that same problem; there were some very promising trailers, then some reshoots and then a poorly received CBM.

6. Ipodman Love Tension

As much as I would like to see the X-Men meet the Avengers, would a movie like Logan or Deadpool ever be made by Marvel Studios tho...

7. The Endless WE are Groot

It will be DTV.

8. def28 Registered

I'd say 450-600m depending on marketing and wom.

If it has amazing reviews and brings something completely new I'd argue possibly 700m. But I don't see anything new based around plot, characters, creative team etc. This won't have DOFP cast/character interest and the market has far too many movies of the blockbuster and superhero caliber.

Even with good reviews at this point, what else can it have ? The X-Men title? That did not help XMFC (great reviews) or XMA (poor reviews). It needs to stand out like DOFP, Logan and Deadpool did. Which will be a difficult task given they are following XMA and have the same cast.

#83 def28, Jul 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  9. Zant Registered

It could be worse, what if Old man Murdoch went crazy five years earlier and sold everything back then...Just appreciate the fact that they exist cause they will be the last of their kind for sure..

10. Erik Lensherr Registered

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I agree with everything you said.

Can we change the topic now? All this ********/nonsense/drama is gettin old.

11. Charzhin0 Registered

Disney making an Age of Apocalypse story? Give me break. They wouldnt touch it and if they did it would be hella watered down. You think Disney has the gusto to show Holocaust culling thousands of humans? And no, softly vanishing into dust doesnt count.

Half of the violent scenes from Xmen Apocalypse wouldnt make it into a Disney film.

carpenter82 likes this.
  12. Xeno That's America's ass!

The "violent scenes" from Apocalypse showed a few PG-13 deaths, a lot of muddled CGI destruction and overwrought shrieking from Fassbender and Isaac. Was there a single drop of blood in the whole mess?

The "culling" was so ho-hum that Magneto was allowed to walk free after killing millions, if not billions of people. But, hey, it's not like there were masses of corpses anywhere or even talk of rebuilding Cairo and Sydney or any of the other cites he destroyed. But he did help rebuild the X mansion, with its one off-screen fatality, so that must have counted for something.

13. Zant Registered

I want to see MCU Logan go on a berserker rage, but I doubt Mickey Mouse will let him

14. Abudefduf Registered

No I think they will. But it will be in a fight against bloodless robots.

15. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

There was only a very small part of the Fox-verse that was R rated.

16. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

500m sounds realistic

17. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

It doesn't matter when the main villain looks ridiculously laughable

18. Charzhin0 Registered

Charles had a bloody mouth in the astral plane fight. But slicing throats, decapitations, visible stabbings, horsemen turning Egyptians to bones, crushed to death and setting on fire are things MCU would not do. Therefore would not do AoA story justice. Even the Magneto forest scene has no comparison withs its visceral rawness. Wolverines alkali breakout pushed PG13 to its absolute limit.

19. Charzhin0 Registered

Irrelevant to the point made.

20. Anonymous1213 Registered

No. And don’t let the MCU fans run in here and try to tell you otherwise.

21. Anonymous1213 Registered

thank you!

22. Anonymous1213 Registered

You don’t get it, do you?

Everyone knows the Disney/Fox deal is going through but Disney legally can not dictate what Fox can do with any of its film until it’s finalized which won’t be for another year if not more. Disney isn’t going to jeopardize this deal for one damn movie.

So again, let me roll my eyes at those of you who honestly believe a blockbuster like this is getting canned.

#97 Anonymous1213, Jul 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  23. Anonymous1213 Registered

Why do I feel like nonsense like this happens before every single Fox X-men movie. Just several months ago, people were over analyzing Deadpool 2 because some dude claimed it wasn’t good. Then the analysis of its marketing started, its release date, its trailers being released etc

And for what? Exactly. That over analysis was for nothing because the movie was fine.

Eventually you guys will learn that these scoopers, while sometimes get things right, will get them wrong more times than not.

Also let me add that the supposed scooper sure has a wide range of info....from Dark Phoenix to New Mutants, to info on the Disney deal. That’s one hell of an insider.

24. Charzhin0 Registered

Its a vicious smear campaign to get this movie as much negative buzz before even a trailer is released!

25. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

It probably will come out. The question is will it make any impact or just come and go like Apocalypse.