Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

the thing is I doubt all studios know when Marvel will drop the CM trailer... so any studio, Fox included, have their trailers schedule set in stone weeks/months in advance.

The X-Men trailer could be set for late sep for all we know, or for October. We can only wait and see when Fox finally does it.

Surely can't be any later than October.

I mean it's inevitable that it'll release close to the captian marvel trailer regardless. Kind of no way around that at this point.

thats Fox fault. both movies get released in two separate months, so Fox had enough time to release XMen trailer with a big gap in between.

Captain marvels one set picture caused so much buzz, it popped up my top news which is very rare! Good job marvel. The last time I remember that happened was black panther.

Dark Phoenix... makes me sigh. This franchise is suffering from losing its director to the me too movement. And I support all the women who want their voices to be heard and want to rise in their respective industries using the movement but I don’t understand why one of the gay men in there got shafted altogether by Fox, I am sure they could’ve worked something out, no? I don’t mean to justify what he did, but he’s great at what he does and to me business and personal life should be two very different things. Also He’s minority just like all those ladies. I don’t know, but as a fan of the man who founded your franchise I would have stuck to Singer. Look at who the president of the us is. Don’t come to me with your religious / sexual appropriateness talk when our president talks about grabbing girls by their **ssy

what’s up with Olivia Munn getting someone cut from a movie for being a registered sex offender btw? Some of those guys suffer enough as it is with that stigma, not to mention sometimes they get branded that way because they got drunk/high made a mistake. It seemed like a cruel way to jump on the sex crime shaming bandwagon. I work with law enforcement and I really feel like just saying registered sex offender is a very vague, cruel way to define a human being, especially without giving us details which would make it even worse. It’s a bad move.

Last edited:
I really don’t want to watch anything else Fox is making with these guys anymore. Binging on x-comics, waiting for Marvel

Dark Phoenix... makes me sigh. This franchise is suffering from losing its director to the me too movement. And I support all the women who want their voices to be heard and want to rise in their respective industries using the movement but I don’t understand why one of the gay men in there got shafted altogether by Fox, I am sure they could’ve worked something out, no? I don’t mean to justify what he did, but he’s great at what he does and to me business and personal life should be two very different things. Also He’s minority just like all those ladies. I don’t know, but as a fan of the man who founded your franchise I would have stuck to Singer. Look at who the president of the us is. Don’t come to me with your religious / sexual appropriateness talk when our president talks about grabbing girls by their **ssy

What are you talking about? you seem to be insinuating that Fox got rid of Bryan Singer from X-Men when really he clearly wanted to do other things having directed 2 X-Men movies previously within 4 years... would they have let him direct Dark Phoenix if he wanted too? possibly, its not like they stopped him direction Bohemian Rhapsody under FOX... that was more Singer that hurt himself in that area.

Sounds more like you just want to keep within the boundaries you are familiar with.

The stuff about his private life has not had as much impact on his career as you may think.

Last edited:
what’s up with Olivia Munn getting someone cut from a movie for being a registered sex offender btw? Some of those guys suffer enough as it is with that stigma, not to mention sometimes they get branded that way because they got drunk/high made a mistake. It seemed like a cruel way to jump on the sex crime shaming bandwagon. I work with law enforcement and I really feel like just saying registered sex offender is a very vague, cruel way to define a human being, especially without giving us details which would make it even worse. It’s a bad move.
What kind of rape-apologist nonsense is this? Also, do some damn research. The guy Munn got cut from the movie is reprehensible, and no one in the cast or crew were afforded the basic decency of being notified of what he'd done. They have every right to know whether someone they're about to work with has a history of abuse. Dunno about you, but "guy who tried to lure a 14-year old into a sexual relationship over the Internet" is someone I'd like to steer clear from in any environment, let alone my job-- not to mention the fact that he was also accused of kissing and groping her. Why would I feel bad for him?

Uhh yeah you might want to know the facts about said registered sex offender before making a statement like that.

Reactions: Mya
Fair enough, I’ll take my foot right out of my mouth and add that the clip of the interview that I watched made no note of what kind of sex offender it was or the story behind it. They left it at a very broad “sex offender” and most people would just praise Munn and move on. I had that doubt and not a whole lot of time

I still don’t think you should be benefitting from other people’s mistakes or getting a boost in media coverage that way. I would’ve kept that within the studio...

Rule of thumb: Don’t ever step on other people to get somewhere.

But whatever. I hardly ever see eye to eye with anyone around here

And n Olivia I’d youre reading this, I am sorry. I really didn’t have time to look into the man’s story. Predators looking great.

Don’t think you need to use his story to boost Predator though!

And Brie Larson, if you’re reading this! I am impresssed at how easily you made those headlines!!! I wonder if you’ve got some me too takes to share with us in the near future too

I was planning on enjoying Predator, but I’m so sick and tired of the sex crime news getting highlighted. Can’t we just enjoy a good movie every once in a while?

Sorry everyone Munn / prequel xmen cast rant over

I don't think it's derp. It's a cast member involved in the prequel films talking about an issue that's currently popular in the media, stopping people who take advantage of minors and women. I work with that almost every day of my life and I'm that general audience that does NOT need to hear it again when I'm trying to have fun or forget my troubles. I could refer you back to Emilia Clark's interviews (Kaleesi / Daenerys from Game of Thrones); she is hilarious but she does not remind me about the negative or dullest aspects of my job because she's an entertainer. High five to Daenerys. That's what you all are supposed to be doing!!

If you want to inspire people, do it the way they did in Black Panther, make a good movie with a good message at the end.

And don't get me started on Jennifer Lawrence in X-Men, man. Or the void Bryan Singer and his good writers left.

Last edited:
On the topic of Munn, I wish she had a bigger role in this. Her presence excites me more than Magneto again tbh.

giphy-downsized.gif

Just when you think “wow, this thread is totally on track and sticking to the relevance of its title!”

BAM
COMING SOON: 6 Pages of Nonsense

Just like the non existent a Dark Phoenix trailer *attempts to reel it in*

Last edited:
Captain marvels one set picture caused so much buzz, it popped up my top news which is very rare! Good job marvel. The last time I remember that happened was black panther.

Maybe do some more research before directing shade to the metoo movement. Singer has a longggg history of controversy based on sex offenses from him being mentioned in the "Open Secret| documentary to accusations this year and during DOFP. Too much smoke for not to be fire and he was really absent and not invested in his latest movie which caused Fox to boot him. This has nothing to do with women rights.

Are you freaking kidding me dude? The guy tried to lure a 14 year old in his house to have sex. He should never work in the industry again. There is a difference between sexually harassing a grown-up woman (which of course is awful as well) and being a PEDOPHILE. DO SOME FREAKING RESEARCH FIRST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"