Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Nikita Byrkin‏ @mrbyrkin
The ‘DARK PHOENIX’ trailer will likely be shown at Kinoexpo International trade show in St. Petersburg, Russia.

if this is true
this event happens from the 18th until the 21st of that month.
I hope someone takes at least one photo

Why do they exhibit the trailers at these events?
Is it to attract sponsorship? or just to test reaction?

apparently they have already exhibited the trailer
in cineeurope, in an event in colombia, and will be the 2x that will be shown in russia

Last edited:
Because they are scared of general audience and just preffer to get a small reaction with no need of damage control after its release :D

Why do they exhibit the trailers at these events?
Is it to attract sponsorship?

To get the attention of the theater owners. To get more screens when the movie is released. To make them invest in promoting it, getting standees and things like that.

To get the attention of the theater owners. To get more screens when the movie is released. To make them invest in promoting it, getting standees and things like that.

But....but Dark Phoenix will be canceled by Marvel and Kevin Feige?

Maybe do some more research before directing shade to the metoo movement. Singer has a longggg history of controversy based on sex offenses from him being mentioned in the "Open Secret| documentary to accusations this year and during DOFP. Too much smoke for not to be fire and he was really absent and not invested in his latest movie which caused Fox to boot him. This has nothing to do with women rights.

Are you freaking kidding me dude? The guy tried to lure a 14 year old in his house to have sex. He should never work in the industry again. There is a difference between sexually harassing a grown-up woman (which of course is awful as well) and being a PEDOPHILE. DO SOME FREAKING RESEARCH FIRST.

It's the wrong way to advertise a movie to me and just personally a sensitive topic to talk about. But i respect your opinions and I don't apologize for not looking into the case because most Americans WILL NOT take that extra step, you really have to either tell us fhe whole story once you get out on the news.

I mean, the guy's got it on his record now and just the fact that he was removed from the film would be enough, don't you think? As a GA, I don't need to hear anything about it; send all the studios the info if you'd like but leave me out of it. And the fact Munn caught the sexual "predator" on the set of her movie "predator" just makes my eyebrows raise higher.

I still say Cassandra Nova.
I now find this more plausible. To be honest, I didn't know too much about Cassandra Nova because I didn't really get into the x-men comics after they started changing things. But I finally read some of the runs with this character and now could see this being possible. Simon might be combining aspects of the Dark Phoenix saga with Grant Morrison's E is for Extinction, particularly since he is taking visual design inspiration from that period instead of the Dark Phoenix Saga. Or also elements from X-men: The End, which I also just recently read and didn't know was written by Chris Claremont (and involve the Shi'ar, Cassandra Nova, and the Brood).

Now that I know a little more about Cassandra Nova, I could see how she would fit an "otherworldly" description since she is a parasite species who also possess shape-shifting abilities. It seem to fit Chastain's view of the character:
Simon and I were talking about the character and I said, 'I keep thinking of the vet who tells you you need to put your dog down.' There's something very clinical about it.
Sort of similar to Nova's manipulation of Donald Trask III about mutants leading to the Genosha genocide. And if it's true that Genosha is part of this film, it would fit replacing the star consuming genocide story arc in Dark Phoenix saga while still being more grounded. And Cassandra Nova also manipulated the Shi'ar (multiple times apparently) into launching attacks on earth too. I can see how they would replace Mastermind with her and she seems an interesting character. If that is in fact who Chastain is playing, I wonder if the big plot twist involve her switching bodies with either Turner or McAvoy like she does in the comics? And then there's X-men Red which involve the United Nations and Cassandra Nova manipulating fear and hatred of mutants worldwide, where Jean gets framed for murder of a congresswoman by Nova and is labeled a fugitive.

Last edited:
That's the same place?

McAvoy video is from yesterday, Fontana from September while she was in Montreal filming Dark Phoenix.

Forgot to add: to make them release the movie date to date to the Domestic market. No studio wants their movies opening weeks after they've playing in theaters in other territories.

"BaronZemo ,about Singer.

I'm sorry but you're wrong. The boy it was 17 years old, not 14. And one of the biggest promoters of that documentary was shown in the justice that was a con man.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I'm sorry but you're wrong. The boy is 17 years old, not 14. And one of the biggest promoters of that documentary was shown is a con man

I believe what Alison is saying is this. And no. Singer is the man he’s accused of being.

As a gay male in my mid 20s living in LA, he was the topic of the week in WeHo. If there are any people left that have me personally on social media they know I have met him and even talked X-Men with him after DoFP came out. While I am not involved in any way shape or form, talk is everything, and there’s a lot to be said around town. Especially seeing as he dissapeared from his favorite hangout that’s also shares the same name as Gambit’s old stomping grounds entirely since the accusations came out. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

That’s the only off topic post I’ll make in the matter. Back to Dark Phoenix.

Last edited:
I believe what Alison is saying is this. And no. Singer is the man he’s accused of being.

As a gay male in my mid 20s living in LA, he was the topic of the week in WeHo. If there are any people left that have me personally on social media they know I have met him and even talked X-Men with him after DoFP came out. While I am not involved in any way shape or form, talk is everything, and there’s a lot to be said around town. Especially seeing as he dissapeared from his favorite hangout that’s also shares the same name as Gambit’s old stomping grounds entirely since the accusations came out. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

That’s the only off topic post I’ll make in the matter. Back to Dark Phoenix.
I disagree,Emma Dumont,Amy Acker,Ellen Page or Anna Paquin support Singer.The rumors Destroy the people.

the thing is I doubt all studios know when Marvel will drop the CM trailer... so any studio, Fox included, have their trailers schedule set in stone weeks/months in advance.

The X-Men trailer could be set for late sep for all we know, or for October. We can only wait and see when Fox finally does it.
Well they had the first 15 days of September to drop this month to attach it with the Predator and no still nothing! The next three months would be busy with the trailers for Captain Marvel, Avengers, Pikachu, and other summer movies dropping. And why even drop the trailer along with those films? It just seems so off.

What kind of rape-apologist nonsense is this? Also, do some damn research. The guy Munn got cut from the movie is reprehensible, and no one in the cast or crew were afforded the basic decency of being notified of what he'd done. They have every right to know whether someone they're about to work with has a history of abuse. Dunno about you, but "guy who tried to lure a 14-year old into a sexual relationship over the Internet" is someone I'd like to steer clear from in any environment, let alone my job-- not to mention the fact that he was also accused of kissing and groping her. Why would I feel bad for him?

We walk a dangerous line when someone's crimes are so repulsive.

He served his time, we can assume he was away from children, and I'm not sure you do have "every right" to be told about a colleague's past. I'm guessing a sex offender doesn't have to tell every co-worker in a factory job for example, as someone who is "reformed" in the eyes of the law should be granted some chance of normality. No expert on the rules here of course, curious if anyone has more of an idea on this.

That's not to say it doesn't suck for Munn though. It's an awkward situation all-round.

I disagree,Emma Dumont,Amy Acker,Ellen Page or Anna Paquin support Singer.The rumors Destroy the people.

That’s fine. But I have firsthand knowledge and have seen with my own eyes, interactions and reactions that can’t be proven but confirm it as fact.

This is what I want to see in the film. The Jean toy had glowing hands, so if we see her Phoenix form with fiery hair maybe her forearms and legs might glow almost golden like, replicating the classic gold gloves and boots. That’ll be an amazing visual

I have a feeling that it will be delayed, til June, the original Gambit release date.

:(

I have a feeling that it will be delayed, til June, the original Gambit release date.

:(
I really want to see the movie but if they do push it back....they can keep it & put it on the streaming service because we've waited too long lol. I hope they don't push it back and spend these next few months promoting their ass off.

"BaronZemo ,about Singer.

I'm sorry but you're wrong. The boy it was 17 years old, not 14. And one of the biggest promoters of that documentary was shown in the justice that was a con man.
Right...... And the other guy that accused Singer of raping him? You really wanna think this through before defending someone as as shady as him because he made a couple of movies you liked.

And are you seriously gonna present the age of the victim as some sort of vindication for your non-existent argument? Does it make that much of a dfifference if he was 14 or 17? So if i'm a grown-up man trying to seduce a 17 year old in my home it suddenly makes me NOT a pyscho? Solid argument buddy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"